Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page where to meet people who are date worthy
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.26.2010, 08:56 AM   #81
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
have you guys noticed when KIS posts, "UK" appears, on average, once every five words?

would this suggest it's time for a holiday abroad?

Why go out for hamburger when I have steak at home?
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 09:03 AM   #82
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
I guess that's your way of saying you've never been abroad?

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 09:06 AM   #83
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
an appropriate location

"Asked how she wanted to lose her virginity, the teen agreed the best idea would be to book a room at the Canal Court Hotel..."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...r-1878268.html
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 09:10 AM   #84
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I guess that's your way of saying you've never been abroad?

If you bothered to read my others posts, in other threads, you'd know I've been abroad.
Old 01.26.2010, 09:13 AM   #85
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
an appropriate location

"Asked how she wanted to lose her virginity, the teen agreed the best idea would be to book a room at the Canal Court Hotel..."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...r-1878268.html

She's middle class. That's all that needs to be said on the matter.
Old 01.26.2010, 09:16 AM   #86
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
If you bothered to read my others posts, in other threads, you'd know I've been abroad.

well i usually don't bother.
i didn't even read that one, i just saw uk uk uk uk all over the place.

Old 01.26.2010, 09:25 AM   #87
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Tennis in the UK is a steaming heap of shit because of it's class prejudice. We get the occasional half-decent player, like Andy Murray, but on the whole, the UK is a laughing stock. If you want to join a tennis club in the UK, you have to be at least middle class. It's that odious snobby attitude that's been stultifying the UK's chances of winning any major tennis tournaments for decades.

The painful irony of it is the last great British tennis player was Fred Perry, a working class lad from Stockport. He's one of only six men in history to have won all four Grand Slam events. He was the World No.1 player for five years. Some consider him to have been one of the greatest male players to have ever played the game. It pains me to think that if Fred Perry was alive today, his working class roots would've prevented him from being admitted to a tennis club. That's why I hate tennis in the UK SO much.

It's true that tennis in the uk is an overwhelmingly middle class sport. However I don't believe that a working class player would be prevented from joining any decent tennis club here just because of their class. Britain's working classes don't play tennis largely because they've managed to convince themselves that it isn't for them.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 09:37 AM   #88
knox
invito al cielo

it's the same everywhere.

it could be that coaching, the clubs and all that crap cost a lot.

it could be that its a boring sport.

i dont know.

other sports are easier to play without the appropriate location and equipment etc.

Old 01.26.2010, 09:44 AM   #89
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
It probably does cost a lot but I do think its a cultural issue more than a financial one. Besides, working class people will spend outrageous amounts of money on all manner of bollocks. It's just that when it comes to a sport like tennis they've managed to convince themselves that it simply isn't for them - rather like going to the theatre, or eating asparagus.
Old 01.26.2010, 09:52 AM   #90
knox
invito al cielo

well, do you really wanna play tennis, go to the theatre and eat aspargus?

i might take the aspargus once in a while, but thats it.

Old 01.26.2010, 09:58 AM   #91
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:

no, because I'm working class. I'd rather save my money and get a new plasma screen tv and a state of the art mobile.
Old 01.26.2010, 11:38 AM   #92
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
I like tennis. I suck at it, but it is awesome cardio. We have tennis courts in nearly every public park or apartment complexes. So you really don't have to join up with a club or anything. You just need someone on the otherside of the net. Asparagus however is nasty.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 12:03 PM   #93
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

makes yr pee smell different - just a few spears!
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 12:14 PM   #94
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
eat as much asparagus as you can

then hold your pee until you really really really got to go. 2 hours after eating the ASSparagus is best\

Then go take a piss, and marvel at the INSANE putresecence of youyr urine stream and the ridiculous aroma of rotten asparagus.
Old 01.26.2010, 12:36 PM   #95
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
wow is far less ridiculous than tennis.
for you, perhaps. yr not left trying to figure out if that hot pally is really a guy or not (note: she is).

with tennis, it's sometimes easier to tell. sometimes. hello, Penis Williams, I'm looking at you.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 01:03 PM   #96
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
It's true that tennis in the uk is an overwhelmingly middle class sport.

It isn't, at all. I used to play at county level (girls and booze put paid to that) and it's only true that tennis is a middle-class sport in middle-class areas. I'm not from a middle-class area so joining a tennis club wasn't a problem, or exorbitantly expensive. The better clubs are more expensive, but there's always been grants and so on available to those from poorer backgrounds.

Having said that, you're in London, where tennis clubs are largely the domain of the middle-class (and often the toffier side of that). But that's far from the case across the country.

What is true is that there's a perception that tennis is middle-class, but that's like the perception of classical music, which is overwhelmingly cheaper than the more 'prole-friendly' rock concert.

I think the reason we're shit at tennis is because there isn't really the room in the curriculum to support it as one of our national sports. The US funds plenty of academies to pick up and support people from poorer backgrounds. The finances of this don't really concern me, but it does mean that as a sporting culture they do better than us in a great many sports. I used to know some semi-professional gymnasts, and they've all kicked it on the head because it's just impossible to finance in this country. There's a total of about £3.50 to support gymnasts in this country, and it's just not tenable for the majority of people. This is pretty much true of tennis as well, but there's a world of (financial) difference between the average person joining a tennis club and the average person getting support to become professional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 01:06 PM   #97
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Interestingly, of the three, I'd say that the person eating asparagus was the middle-class one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 01:14 PM   #98
gualbert
the end of the ugly

gualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's asses
Asparagus ain't good.
I pity those who have to eat them due to their social status.
gualbert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 01:49 PM   #99
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
makes yr pee smell different - just a few spears!

it happens with rice crispies too, doesn't bother me.

Old 01.26.2010, 01:51 PM   #100
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Interestingly, of the three, I'd say that the person eating asparagus was the middle-class one.

there's nothing wrong with eating aspargus to pretend you're rich once in a while.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth