Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Fuck Beck and his stupid Scientologist ass
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.29.2008, 06:58 PM   #101
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
krispy kreme is seriously gnarly.

I hope they crash.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2008, 07:00 PM   #102
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
krispy kreme is seriously gnarly...

seconded.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2008, 03:41 AM   #103
Mostly Harmless
bad moon rising

Mostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
you need to read about scientolgy , it's "founder" it's crimes and scams perpetrated under the cover of a non profit religious organization, the murders, the kidnappings, the brainwashing and the extortion.

enjoy blowing your mind.

scientologists are EVIL

If you think Scientology is a cult, you should seriously check out the core beliefs of the Mormons.
That shit is totally fucked up.
Old 07.30.2008, 03:44 AM   #104
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

[/color]

never mind what i said about not going to hell earlier...
Old 07.30.2008, 03:57 AM   #105
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
^^^Hypocritical hogwash of the lowest order. Fuck all religions (except the one I'm starting soon, which will be a Guinness and Whiskey cult. I'm looking for people to ordain as ministers - anyone here interested?)
Old 07.30.2008, 04:00 AM   #106
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
i feel it's a bit ridiculous to read the bible as factual truth. it's so dogmatic, like "this is the correct way and this is the only correct way". how absurd it is to believe that it should apply to everyone, we may all be human but we're all different.
Old 07.30.2008, 04:05 AM   #107
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
but we all poop out of our anuses

and we all listen to noise music with our ears

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2008, 04:06 AM   #108
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

i don't listen to noise music with anything. much less my ears.
Old 07.30.2008, 04:07 AM   #109
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Yes, there was a time when the gentiles were jealous of the laws of Judaea. Why else did they want to jump the chosen people bandwagon?
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2008, 04:14 AM   #110
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I was raised in Christianity, and I honestly have no clue where they get most of the stuff they preach. Very little is pulled from the Bible at all.

The Old Testament is aimed specifically and exclusively at ancient Jews, and the New Testament says very little about what people should or shouldn't do. Nowhere does it say anything about alcohol, homosexuality, or any kind of liberalism being evil or wrong or whatever the fuck they're pulling out of their asses these days. I respect the Bible, but modern Christianity is some fucked up shit.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2008, 04:18 AM   #111
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I was raised Catholic. I know where they get most of the stuff they preach.
Old 07.30.2008, 04:25 AM   #112
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

out of their ass is where they get it from.

you can be a good person and still be what they'd consider a sinner. it boggles my mind why religious types look down upon homosexuality or anything like that, just because you're gay doesn't make you a bad person! how ludicrous.
Old 07.30.2008, 04:32 AM   #113
pbradley
invito al cielo

More like a letter from Saint John to the whoeverthefuckians.

I was a little bit more invested than to toss off the faith by mere teenage idleness. I can give better sermons than most priests I heard and I've left the faith.

As for the morality of it, I was more confused over the need for heaven and hell if the idea of "Good for goodness' sake" was necessary.
Old 07.30.2008, 04:37 AM   #114
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I think what it comes down to is that Christianity latched on to down-and-out prejudice at some point in history, and because it's so fucking stubborn about everything it won't let it go and admit they were wrong.

They don't even get that bitchy about adultery. It's just plain prejudice, pure and simple.
Old 07.30.2008, 04:41 AM   #115
Mostly Harmless
bad moon rising

Mostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's asses
Religion is like Government: It's basis can be a beautiful addition to yr life, but anything that is beautiful and helpful can just as easily become overbearing and ultimately fucked up institutions by humans.
The purpose of a good Government is to allow it's people to thrive and to protect their basic rights. But even the best government in the wrong hands can become a corruption and a pain for its people. I think most would agree this is the case of the United States, which at its base principles is a great system, but in the hands of our present rulers it really angers the American people and suffocates the rest of the world. It's not the fact that we have a government, it's the shitholes who run it.

A good religion brings you peace of mind and can potentially offer insight to the human condition to help you cope with the bullshit we deal with (disease, insatiable lusts, class inequality, etc)
Christianity is a good example
Because this religion has for the most part been hijacked and fucked up by total assholes who indoctrinated crazy shit to control peasants (Catholicism) or attract converts (the Protestant donominations and to a lesser extent the Catholics) or whatnot doesn't mean that Christianity's base is an evil institution. If we accept even somewhat the Gospels authenticity, Jesus had followers and obviously considered himself a religious leader of some sort "Before Abraham, I AM" John 8:58.
But again, if we even vaguely accept the Gospels, Jesus didn't walk around thinking "If I can win over the illiterate peasants with this gibberjabber, I can milk them for all their worth and live like a king, and logic behind the Caste System will never be questioned! MUHAHAHAHA!" Christianity has been accused of this behavior, and rightly so due to the popes and some those who took charge the movement in much later generations. But the base religion itself which is bursting with love, reason, and passion for humanity* isn't a shallow, corrupt institution engineered to keep the workingman down. Jesus was just some poor carpenter who thought evil could be eradicated if people returned everything, even hate, with love.
Any religion can become a curse to the lives of its followers if shitholes run it.

*Chock full of humanity:
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love on another, even as I have loved you...." John 13:34
"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you..." Matt 5:44
"Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her."
John 8:7
The entire Beatitudes, already listed by Rob Instigator.
"If we condemn others, it is because we shun knowing ourselves." -St. Seraphim of Sarov (I know I've been ranting on the purity of the base religion, but I couldn't help but include this gem of a quote from this gem of a saint)
I've cited enough verses for the reasons of this post, but all the Gospels are filled with this.
Old 07.30.2008, 04:45 AM   #116
pbradley
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
Christianity latched on to down-and-out prejudice
Really? Again, I come from a Catholic perspective. Down and out? The Vatican? Are you saying that protestant afflictions have more sway on the definition of Christianity?
Old 07.30.2008, 04:45 AM   #117
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostly Harmless
Jesus didn't walk around thinking "If I can win over the illiterate peasants with this gibberjabber, I can milk them for all their worth and live like a king, and logic behind the Caste System will never be questioned! MUHAHAHAHA!"
Exactly.
Old 07.30.2008, 04:47 AM   #118
pbradley
invito al cielo

I often say that Jesus Christ was nailed to a double cross.
Old 07.30.2008, 04:48 AM   #119
Mostly Harmless
bad moon rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
I respect the Bible, but modern Christianity is some fucked up shit.

Orthodoxy is the only legitimate form of Christianity, period.
It is in no way a modern form of Christianity.
And modern Christianity is some fucked up shit.
Old 07.30.2008, 04:53 AM   #120
pbradley
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostly Harmless
Orthodoxy is the only legitimate form of Christianity, period.
Are you a member?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth