Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Bootleggers Beware
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.13.2007, 04:57 PM   #101
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I am familiar with the term "front of house," but I only hear it used regarding pretty large systems for giant outdoor shows and the like (where there is a separate monitor board and such). You know, the kind of big shows that most of us don't go to what with liking small niche audience bands who don't mind tapers in the crowd. The kind of shows with people who might actually need personal security to keep rabid yahoos away from them.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 05:00 PM   #102
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Nice use of the term "rabid yahoos" there.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 05:00 PM   #103
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
I may attempt to reward you with rep points for pleasing me so.
Old 08.13.2007, 05:02 PM   #104
Pookie
invito al cielo

'Tis done.
Old 08.13.2007, 05:02 PM   #105
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i am having a lovely lemsip for my sore throat.

whatever happened to putting on a gig for bands to play and have fun, the audience to enjoy it, have a good time and not pay a huge amount of money on the door and no personal security, bootleg kickings, i know more about this than you do egotism?

the gigs i put on are very rarely profitable, any money made goes towards room hire, paying the bands expenses and anything else i had to fork out for. then if any of it is left over i might keep a small amount for myself. there have been times i tried to pay bands and they refused because they just wanted to play. the only real people making anything are the breweries at the venue. i do it because i like the music and isnt that what its about?

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 05:03 PM   #106
sarramkrop

I've always thought the term 'Front Of House' was only used in theatres or in a big big complex for the arts. I've never heard it used in any other envoirement, unless ThePits does stuff in places like the Barbican or the Royal Festival Hall, where they are a whole departmant that work.... front of house.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 05:06 PM   #107
Pookie
invito al cielo

Talking of front of house, does anybody remember the fashion for stone cladding?
Old 08.13.2007, 05:11 PM   #108
ThePits
stalker

ThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
Oh, I'm going to "fix" myself a lovely cup of hot milky tea right now.

Is it PG Tips?
ThePits is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 05:13 PM   #109
Pookie
invito al cielo

Yorkshire tea for me. It's the shit, as our less intelligent American comrades would say.
Old 08.13.2007, 05:15 PM   #110
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
Yorkshire tea for me. It's the shit, as our less intelligent American comrades would say.

Yes, we could never bring the world something as sophisticated and refined as, say, Benny Hill.
Old 08.13.2007, 05:20 PM   #111
Pookie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Yes, we could never bring the world something as sophisticated and refined as, say, Benny Hill.
Touchy.
Old 08.13.2007, 05:22 PM   #112
ThePits
stalker

ThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's assesThePits kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I've always thought the term 'Front Of House' was only used in theatres or in a big big complex for the arts. I've never heard it used in any other envoirement, unless ThePits does stuff in places like the Barbican or the Royal Festival Hall, where they are a whole departmant that work.... front of house.

Front of house desks are sited in the center of the venue you are playing, they usually consist of a sound desk and lights

You cant get sound right from the desk on the side of the stage as the sound engineer cant hear the speakers properly

Razorlight this year used the latest digital desks from Italy which are the smallest I have ever seen

About half the size of the usual desks

The front of house you are referring to is the old theater term for anything in the public area out front
Old 08.13.2007, 05:24 PM   #113
ThePits
stalker

Quote:

And in return we got Jerry Springer?
Old 08.13.2007, 05:31 PM   #114
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePits
And in return we got Jerry Springer?

Touche, my friend, touche.

And were it not for Benny Hill, we would not have this piece of comedic genius to entertain us (thanks to Bicorn Halfelven for this link):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehnRt3LaLUc
Old 08.13.2007, 05:36 PM   #115
sarramkrop

Quote:
Front of house desks are sited in the center of the venue you are playing, they usually consist of a sound desk and lights

You cant get sound right from the desk on the side of the stage as the sound engineer cant hear the speakers properly

Razorlight this year used the latest digital desks from Italy which are the smallest I have ever seen

About half the size of the usual desks

The front of house you are referring to is the old theater term for anything in the public area out front

Pardon my ignorance, and English is not my first language, but I'm a little confused. Where I work the mixing desk sits Front Of House, hidden somewhere under the stairs by the stage. I've always heard the sound technicians refering to it as the p.a. or mixing desk that was front of house. I wasn't aware that you actually called it 'front of house desk', unless you had to specifically report where it was located, hence the confusion.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 05:38 PM   #116
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Touche, my friend, touche.

And were it not for Benny Hill, we would not have this piece of comedic genius to entertain us (thanks to Bicorn Halfelven for this link):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehnRt3LaLUc

krieg kvlt *guy giving creepy smile and raising eyebrows*
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 05:42 PM   #117
ThePits
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Pardon my ignorance, and English is not my first language, but I'm a little confused. Where I work the mixing desk sits Front Of House, hidden somewhere under the stairs by of the stage. I've always heard the sound technicians refering to it as the p.a. or mixing desk that was front of house. I wasn't aware that you actually called it 'front of house desk', unless you had to specifically report where it was located, hence the confusion.

You are not ignorant its just different names in different places thats why I explained.

I think the reason its called the foh desk is so it doesnt get mixed up with the other desk on the stage

Do you work in a theatre if you dont mind me asking?
Old 08.13.2007, 05:47 PM   #118
sarramkrop

Quote:
You are not ignorant its just different names in different places thats why I explained.

I think the reason its called the foh desk is so it doesnt get mixed up with the other desk on the stage

Do you work in a theatre if you dont mind me asking?
Yes. That makes more sense now, in that all the equipment sits either visibly hidden, or inside cabinets in a large section front of house. I suppose if you are talking smaller envoirements you'll have to specify a little more, in order to simplify communication between who's doing what and where.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 06:37 PM   #119
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
this thread is now about chicks.

DISCUSS.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 06:53 PM   #120
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
I like him. ^

(I felt the thread topic had been discussed thoroughly enough.)
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth