Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Over-rated films
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.17.2007, 08:15 PM   #141
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh i didnt really read that thread ha ha.

no it's not a matter of taste or fascist thing. tastes are tastes. take mike patton, i don't like mike patton, but people say "genius", whatever. i'm not qualified to say otherwise, but i'll just let go.

with the movies you considered boring/underrated/ etc, ive been thinking about it (i actually have!) and i realized what you seem to dislike is movies that have a subtle psychological element, e.g., movies that are about characters & their... conflicts, rather than action/situations, where the important stuff happens in the dialogue & inside a person's head.

woody allen is a master at that; and lost in translation was all about that; and that's exactly what lacks in adam sandler movies-- they are overly simplistic & lack subtlety, not like the ramones but like, i don't know, the clash? ( ha ha). anyway. we shouldn't make these cross-genre metaphors. but yeah i didn't call you an idiot. i have a good ear, but i know little about music, and i'm not an idiot. (or so i think anyway, ha ha). but yeah...

---

ps -- hey!! you just called someone an idiot for liking the new iggy pop!! hm...

yeah, i don't like mike patton that much...i think it has to do, i really don't take "sacred cows" for granted, i actually listen to the stuff and then decide if I like it, meaning me.

you made that sound like all i watch is van damme movies!!!! i don't like those, i tried liking them as unintentional comedies and no, i can't. i like a subtle movie with actual strong characters and their conflicts...i don't like people who are bored or are in typical situations, those movies test my patience to be honest. i'm not a big fan of generic french movies either, so there you go.

again, i'm not a fan of adam sandler, i like about four of his movies, that's all, i expressed how most where super overrated.

the problem with that person i called an idiot is that the album is not the new iggy pop, it's the new stooges and, i'm almost certain, that if you like that one then you haven't heard the stooges in reality.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2007, 08:17 PM   #142
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
the problem with that person i called an idiot is that the album is not the new iggy pop, it's the new stooges and, i'm almost certain, that if you like that one then you haven't heard the stooges in reality.

ha ha ha ha, i wasn't even aware of the difference, see...

re: psychological shit, woody allen has some brilliant lines in "alice". check it out. oh that movie is fun & funny as fuck.

but anyway, you're missing the forest for the trees. i dont give 2 fucks what album is it or by who. the fact is that you called him an idiot for whatever his taste. then no wonder you think i'm calling you an idiot when i say you're off the mark w/ the 1st 2 godfather movies! but anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
i've only seen the director's cut

damn. well i suppose this movie was more important when it appeared 20+ years ago & when i saw it in the early 90s it was the heyday of the ciberpunk popularity & so it was one of those movies they showed ya.

a small anecdote, william gibson was supposedly writing.. i dont know, something, and went to see blade runner & had to walk out because he felt it was too much like what he was writing & didn't want to be influenced.

so b.r. is important i think culturally & for its times, but it might not have aged so well. my favorite riddley scott movie though is still "alien" (not alienS!), a great little horror flick w/ working class space travelers. perfect!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2007, 02:46 AM   #143
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
Has anyone seen that movie Breathless?

If you mean the Godard one, yes. I assume you're saying it's overrated which, considering its massive critical reputation, it might well be. But thinking about its real impact on films that followed it, it might actually be underrated.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth