Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Basketball Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.15.2015, 11:28 AM   #581
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the only "fans" that ask for a change are the ones that love to gamble and that are not actually fans of a specific team.

what is the point of winning a tightly contested conference when 7 other teams in your division have a greater record win-wise and would be seeded ahead of you? Pathetic.

One of the single worst thing I hate about the NFL is that after every single season they have to fuck with the rules,a nd make changes, as if it betters anything other than the casual fan. fuck that shit. I want DB's to be able to smack a receiver whenevr they feel like. No receiver should have the "right" to run around on the field unopposed! no basketball player has the "right" to go up for a layup uncontested. That makes both games so fucking lame.
Old 07.15.2015, 11:47 AM   #582
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
the only "fans" that ask for a change are the ones that love to gamble and that are not actually fans of a specific team.

what is the point of winning a tightly contested conference when 7 other teams in your division have a greater record win-wise and would be seeded ahead of you? Pathetic.
EXACTLY. Its not just fans, several team executives (mostly from West teams that didn't make the playoffs but could have in the East) are whining about this... and Silver several times has expressed interest. I will probably stop watching NBA if they do..

Its not just about mixing up the Conferences, table system reseeds the entire playoffs.. our entire NBA history of Conference rivals in the playoffs will end and be replaced by unpredictable interconference matchups.. LAME

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2015, 06:39 AM   #583
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I LIKE Conference and division rivalriea.. FUCK conference realignment FUCK tables

I believe this is mostly media driven as BIG Media is in the East. There is no longer anything special about playing in New York and I believe the same can soon be said about LA (lakers) as players are choosing to go elsewhere and stay away from these organizations.

Back when the likes of Magic Johnson were making $10 million over four years, the ability to make at least half in endorsements was a huge draw to those cities. However, now that bench players are making $30-50 million over the same time period, cities such as Milwaukee are proving to be much more attractive.

Conference rivalries and Conference championships are what make the NBA so great!

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2015, 10:04 AM   #584
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
But realignment would actually hurt the big market teams even more? And yes, while at this stage it is predominantly media led however there are more and more "fans" whining about this on comments sections and yes, even several NBA execs have mentioned it. Personally uuo don't think it will ever happen because it would hurt the bottom seeds by making it even harder to compete. It would also be so boring because NBA playoffs are built around historical conference rivalries that a non-conference format 16 seed table would eliminate. Further i think we' ve all become thoroughly accustomed to playoffs being about one division at a time until Finals, tables would put east and west teams against each other at every round of playoffs..

Old 07.21.2015, 10:34 AM   #585
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I also think that the idea of a final record being a huge determinant is a crock of shit.

having a 55 win record in the Eastern Conference, which currently sucks ass, does not mean the same as a 55 win record in the Western Conference where so many teams are stacked with talent and great coaching and SKILLZ. To make everything based on final records insults the teams that win in the challenging conference or division.
Old 07.21.2015, 10:58 AM   #586
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
having a 55 win record in the Eastern Conference, which currently sucks ass, does not mean the same as a 55 win record in the Western Conference where so many teams are stacked with talent and great coaching and SKILLZ. To make everything based on final records insults the teams that win in the challenging conference or division.

EXACTLY!

A week or so ago, Marc Cuban was clamoring about adding four more teams to the playoffs (two per conference). Just this past season the East had playoff teams with losing records......the NBA doesn't need more of this.

Pubes sees the writing on the wall and knows the Maverick's chances at staying relevant will soon dry up when Dirk retires. Some may say it's this way now, but Marc has something to promote long as Dirk in donning a Mavs uniform.
Old 07.21.2015, 12:58 PM   #587
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
I also think that the idea of a final record being a huge determinant is a crock of shit.

But see this is precisely the argument from Western team execs as to why they WANT to get rid of the Conference system and from my perspective, I think it insults the East teams. The East teams play BETTER DEFENSE than the West teams, even in head to head match ups between East-West teams.. teams like Chicago and Milwaukee this year, and in the recent past Chicago, Miami, and Indiana all had some of the best overall defense in the NBA!

So its totally disrespectful to the East teams who also play in their own divisions, and play against tougher defenses. There is a lot of noise about the West being better than the East, and while win records may look like that a deeper analysis of stats, whether inter-conference matchups, head-to-head winning percentages, etc etc do not necessarily suggest this. The top-4 East teams were competitive with West teams..

In my opinion, win your division, win your conference, or shut up. Each team knows EXACTLY how to scout to win. Take that away? So we can go back to the 80s where all the teams played shit defense and scored 115 a game? Because THAT is what the top-4 teams in the West play like these days...

Old 07.21.2015, 01:11 PM   #588
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I just like how the goals are set currently. In the NFL the first thing a coach does is try and figure out how to win the Division, THEN, how to try and win the Conference. The same should go for the NBA.
Old 07.21.2015, 01:21 PM   #589
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I agree completely and I was also going to compare with NFL. In NBA you KNOW YOUR division, you know how to scout, and you play accordingly. In the playoffs its even MORE intense scouting, I mean, we all probably during pre-season even begin to make our playoff predictions and NBA teams and scouts surely do the same thing during the season. If you take that away, you take away the kind of detailed scouting that makes the NBA playoffs so intense!

Old 10.15.2015, 06:55 AM   #590
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Sad news about Lamar Odom being on a ventilator, fighting for his life in a Las Vegas hospital. For those who didn't see it, Scott Van Pelt set the record straight about how we relate to Lamar.
Old 10.29.2015, 10:16 AM   #591
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Hell's Bells - last night, the boys in Vegas had the Rockets -11 hosting the Denver Nuggets......Denver blew out the Rockets winning by 20.

The word around twitter last night was Khloe Kardashian was in the bowels of Toyota Center waiting for Harden when the game was over.

Khole is going to KILL the Rockets season......

Old 10.29.2015, 10:29 AM   #592
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

sometimes the beard does make the man....
Old 11.03.2015, 11:25 AM   #593
Bytor Peltor
Banned

^^^OUCH!

The Kardashian Curse of Evol JuJu led to the Rockets losing each of their first three games by exactly 20 points......BIG win against OKC last night!

Speaking of last night......Golden State beat Memphis by 50 points. In the 2nd & 3rd Quarters, GS outscored Memphis 72-27 (not a typo)......seriously, who goes on a 72-27 run?

NBA notables yet to score 20 points in a game (four games played):

Paul George
Chris Paul
Derrick Rose
Tim Duncan

Stephen Curry has three 20 point Quarters.

45 NBA players have played more minutes then Curry, yet he leads the league in 3 pointers made.
Old 11.03.2015, 05:21 PM   #594
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Someone just needs to give Curry an old school 90s hard foul, im sick of this guy

Old 11.04.2015, 12:25 AM   #595
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Curry sure is making it look easy......and for him, it is!

Watched parts of several games tonight:

Kobe looks chunky
Anthony Davis isn't playing hard
Toronto might have their way in the East

LA Clippers at Golden State on Wednesday in the battle of undefeateds.
Old 11.05.2015, 03:23 AM   #596
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Toronto might have their way in the East

LA Clippers at Golden State on Wednesday in the battle of undefeateds.

Toronto (5-0) just won on back-to-back nights at Dallas & OKC. It's still VERY early in the season, but most teams from the East won't be able to do that.

The Golden State Warriors are the first defending Champion to start a season 5-0 since 2010 LA Lakers......Luke Walton was a member of that team too!

With the 27 points against the Clippers, Stephen Curry has now scored 179 points in the first five games of the season......the most since Michael Jordan scored 182 points through 5 games in 1991-92. Most impressive about Curry's 179 is how few minutes he is playing.

Report: Steve Kerr Could Be Out Until All-Star Break.
If my understanding is correct, all of these Golden State victories with Luke Walton as Coach are stacking up on Kerr's win/loss total.

Chris Paul broke into old habits, yo-yo-ing the ball at the top of the key as the clock clicked down......ended the night on the bench with a groin pull.

Old 11.05.2015, 11:05 AM   #597
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Oh how i wish the 2012 peak Heat still existed their hyper trap defense would smother cupcakes like Curry and Klay Thompson. Also, are Warriors the skinniest and most twirpy championship team ever? Dudes are all bunch of skinny legs Peyton Manning has cable azz dudez

Old 11.06.2015, 01:21 AM   #598
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Quote:
Dudes are all bunch of skinny legs Peyton Manning has cable azz dudez

And cable never looked so good!

Curry has made 28 of 54 3 pointers this season.
James Harden is 9 of 55 from behind the arc.
Harden has attempted double digit 3 pointers in each of the first 5 games.
By comparison, Curry could miss his next 117 3 point attempts and Curry's average would still be higher than Harden's.

Nowitzki became the 16th player in NBA history to surpass the 45,000 mark in regular season minutes played.
Old 11.06.2015, 11:30 AM   #599
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

But bytor THAT is precisely what is soooooooo boooooooooring about Curry. Guy is quite literally a one trick pony, gets old fast. Its like, he ONLY made 3s in that Clippers game, sure he made 7 of them, and its impressive but even Ray Allen was more than just 3s.

Old 11.07.2015, 05:38 AM   #600
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Quote:
THAT is precisely what is soooooooo boooooooooring about Curry. Guy is quite literally a one trick pony

Boring to some is the GOAT to others.

Curry is the GREATEST shooter the league has ever seen!

No player has / had a faster shot off the dribble.

Last night, Golden State had 28 assist in the first Half.

Curry would have made 13 3 pointers......if he had played the 4th quarter.

So far, Ray Allens best shooting percentage season doesn't equal Stephen Currys worst......same for Reggie Miller.
272829 30 31323340 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth