Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page speaker/amp setup questions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.04.2014, 10:11 AM   #1
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
howdy gang,

was wondering whether anyone else could help me...my old speakers fried, reasoning unknown, and today I bought some new ones for $15 from an op shop, unsure as to their quality but for so little a price it didn't really concern me all that much as they're only temporary anyway. however, stupidly I didn't look at the cords/plugs on them, and upon going to connect them into the amp I realised that they weren't using speaker wire as my old ones did but rather were just either old-fashioned plugs or maybe foreign?? additionally it didn't seem as if there were any inputs for this kind of plug, leading me to think the latter (despite the amp itself being fairly old as well I think, bought it second-hand)

so my question is:
a) can I sever the top of the plug (on the presumption that there is speaker wire inside I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ELECTRONICS)? or, if not
b) is there anything else I can do? or do I just return to the search? (any cheap recommendations which give a good sound?)

THANKS FRIENDS!

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth