Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.20.2016, 04:17 AM   #1821
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Unconfirmed attribution for this quote, since I came across it on an image search. Claims Josef Stalin said it. Regardless of who, it rings pretty true.

"Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything."
Old 11.20.2016, 09:27 AM   #1822
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i think the full metal jacket meme actually misses the point of what i said

the rest is interesting and i'll reply later
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2016, 10:35 AM   #1823
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I'm curious to know whether anyone read my borderline conspiracy theorist tirade about vote count anomalies and the near impossibility of the results as they stand from a statistical perspective.

Do I sound crazy? You can tell me if I sound crazy. In fact please do.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2016, 11:24 AM   #1824
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I'm curious to know whether anyone read my borderline conspiracy theorist tirade about vote count anomalies and the near impossibility of the results as they stand from a statistical perspective.

Do I sound crazy? You can tell me if I sound crazy. In fact please do.

not really (from a reasonable persons perspective). But you have to understand that the early voting totals were based on party affi. And, there have been some pretty good discussions as to secret Trump voters. So, a lot of the male white Democrats voted Trump (NOT ME!) and a substantial number of the female white Democrats, too. And then there's your "undeclared voters", I think a lot of them went to Trump. Lets face facts, we lost and there's not a lot to blame it on other than a really shitty media and a lot of idiotic voters. Thus the poor polls, too. People are mostly ashamed that they voted for the asshole, that is except the 20% truly deplorables. But they did vote for him and that's our cross to bear for the next 4 years. On the pos side, the ENTIRE CONGRESS is up for election in 2oi8. Lets work to see if we can grab it and the Senate back.....if not, we are voices crying in the wilderness and a minority party for quite a while....
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2016, 12:34 PM   #1825
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
im in the middle of watching a shit-funny movie so quickly to reply to the vote tampering suspicions

i think (i feel, more) that if the russians had hacked the vote the government would be compelled to disclaim all claims

because more than this or that or whatever america needs to believe that the system works

if people lost confidence in the system it would be total anarchy

it's kind of like the national debt-- doesn't matter if we can actually pay it or not as long as people have confidence in "the full faith and credit" of the us government

we're ruled by BELIEF

so either way we won't know what really went down

Old 11.20.2016, 12:41 PM   #1826
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
not really (from a reasonable persons perspective). But you have to understand that the early voting totals were based on party affi. And, there have been some pretty good discussions as to secret Trump voters. So, a lot of the male white Democrats voted Trump (NOT ME!) and a substantial number of the female white Democrats, too. And then there's your "undeclared voters", I think a lot of them went to Trump. Lets face facts, we lost and there's not a lot to blame it on other than a really shitty media and a lot of idiotic voters. Thus the poor polls, too. People are mostly ashamed that they voted for the asshole, that is except the 20% truly deplorables. But they did vote for him and that's our cross to bear for the next 4 years. On the pos side, the ENTIRE CONGRESS is up for election in 2oi8. Lets work to see if we can grab it and the Senate back.....if not, we are voices crying in the wilderness and a minority party for quite a while....

Yeah.

2018 is important. Just... incredibly, unspeakably important. This is where our sights need to be set. I agree completely, and I've actually made some good contacts with Democratic Congressional candidates who lost this time around. Who knows? Maybe I'll end up working on a campaign. It's not too far outside the realm of possibility.

But I do think the turnout numbers need to be looked at. A public investigation would be great. Even if it amounted to nothing, it would certainly reveal some unsettling things about the Repugs, and on that front, any amount of public damage is a minor victory.

Also -- turns out some of the links Thurston Moore is sharing are from an openly biased pro-left source that probably can't be trusted. I'm going to stick with actual state voting totals. The cold hard statistics of it, not the editorializing nonsense that is only going to look daffy to any sensible reader.

But I do think something went down in Florida. I can't reconcile the numbers available to me in a way that makes mathematical sense.
Old 11.20.2016, 12:45 PM   #1827
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
im in the middle of watching a shit-funny movie so quickly to reply to the vote tampering suspicions

i think (i feel, more) that if the russians had hacked the vote the government would be compelled to disclaim all claims

because more than this or that or whatever america needs to believe that the system works

if people lost confidence in the system it would be total anarchy

it's kind of like the national debt-- doesn't matter if we can actually pay it or not as long as people have confidence in "the full faith and credit"
I'm of the us government

we're ruled by BELIEF

so either way we won't know what really went down

I'm not sure Russia is the prime suspect. At least, I'm not even slightly convinced at this point that the discrepancies are due to that kind of tampering.

But I guess if I'm being honest with myself, it's probably better to move on. As I said in that other thread, I'm finally starting to recover from this a bit. I don't think chasing rabbit down holes is going to be particularly productive or healthy for me at this point.

I might march in D.C. on Jan. 21 though. Seriously considering it.
Old 11.20.2016, 02:48 PM   #1828
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I'm not sure Russia is the prime suspect. At least, I'm not even slightly convinced at this point that the discrepancies are due to that kind of tampering.

But I guess if I'm being honest with myself, it's probably better to move on. As I said in that other thread, I'm finally starting to recover from this a bit. I don't think chasing rabbit down holes is going to be particularly productive or healthy for me at this point.

go ahead and do it.

the tea party was created in reaction to obama's election and his subsequent pursuit of universal healthcare.

the election of a bigot as commander in chief deserves no less of a reaction.

do you remember the mostly white crowds with rifles on their shoulders flaunting their right to open carry? i do. it wasn't that long ago.

we obviously need a "blue tea party" to come out of this, so go ahead and organize-- just don't do anything stupid like commit and/or incite violence. but yeah, we gotta retake the house in 2018.

the house is more important than the presidency. it writes the laws and controls budget and appropriations. so... yeah. 2018 is crucial. get yo ass movin'.
Old 11.21.2016, 08:07 AM   #1829
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Crossed my mind too. I haven't thrown an egg in awhile. Should we make it a syg party?
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2016, 10:21 AM   #1830
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Crossed my mind too. I haven't thrown an egg in awhile. Should we make it a syg party?

Hm. Maybe we should.

I'm actually not "allowed" to attend unless I make an assignmentnout of it, but I have some vacation lined up and it would only take me a few hours to get there. I'm thinking as long as I can avoid cameras and snitches, it shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone else intetested?
Old 11.22.2016, 03:50 AM   #1831
Silver ✴ Rocket
little trouble girl

Silver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's assesSilver ✴ Rocket kicks all y'all's asses

Silver ✴ Rocket is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2016, 06:17 PM   #1832
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Lets face facts, we lost and there's not a lot to blame it on other than a really shitty media and a lot of idiotic voters.

A lot of people rejected the globalist agenda and this seemed to be a chance to vote against it.

The shitty media has been here for a long time - and it will only get worse. The internet doesn't seem to be helping, and now that the cell phonies do everything on their little phones, the cycle of stupidity keeps getting faster and faster and faster - no longer do you have to wait for the 6:30 evening news, or be sitting in front of a computer, now you'll be walking around getting texts from the Cycle of Stupidity, it just gets faster and faster.

Disparaging the opposition as "idiotic" is its own form of idiocy and arrogance.

and while everyone cries and cries, mercenaries, in service to eminent domain and public land thieves, attack citizens in the dakota.
https://twitter.com/UR_Ninja/status/...785984/photo/1
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2016, 01:09 PM   #1833
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
the globalist agenda is a nonsensical conspiracy theory
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2016, 01:25 PM   #1834
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

trump picked a billionaire school-voucher advocate as education secretary

political war will sure ensue, but i wonder if as a result there will be a better match of skills and job offerings in the job market.

"we need an electrician to rig our garage lab"
"we have 5 to choose from, which one do you want? the best?"
"no, we just need one that's good enough but charges less money"
"says will be here tomorrow for a meeting"
"great"

the sucky part about being a freelancer is that sometimes people take the fucking liberty of not paying you, or want to squeeze more for less.
writing exercise: syntax
[there's a sucky part about being a freelancer though. sometimes people take liberties with your work. like not paying you. or wanting to take creative control in lieu of making clear what end result they want. yes, syntax alters the path of tough. an now back to our regular programming]

whereas as an employee your check must be paid regularly by force of law.

employee protections are awesome. they give you stability. not sure why stability is good but i guess it helps with predicting the future and shit like that. "20 years from now i will send you to college".

capitalism is built on promises, but some small business people don't always play that way

corporations are more scrupulous--and regular paychecks are great
Old 11.23.2016, 01:36 PM   #1835
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
The internet doesn't seem to be helping, and now that the cell phonies do everything on their little phones, the cycle of stupidity keeps getting faster and faster and faster - no longer do you have to wait for the 6:30 evening news, or be sitting in front of a computer, now you'll be walking around getting texts from the Cycle of Stupidity, it just gets faster and faster.

this is an old man's failure to learn to use new tools due to stubborness

this is the kind of statement made by someone who wants to take the world back to the 1950s

as if in the 1950s there were no people ranting and raving about the societal ills brought on by radio broadcasts and the interstate highway system (and color tv will make us blind)

but he was born with radio so he knows how to use it

but holy fuck he wasn't born with the internet

in the meantime my old mom & dad have an internet phone, communicate with me via whatsapp, my dad uses gps to drive and my mom is digitizing a massive archive of family pictures which she shares regularly via email

they're not stupid and don't see technology as "evil"

the bad workman blames his tools
Old 11.23.2016, 02:39 PM   #1836
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
new Obama overtime rules DOA, enjoy your shiny new right wing "management job"
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.23.2016, 02:42 PM   #1837
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
new Obama overtime rules DOA, enjoy your shiny new right wing "management job"
oh, right, he had expanded overtime... i had totally forgotten that since it didn't affect me

so what's happening now, specifically, if drumpf rescinds it?

O WAIT

blocked by a judge?

ah ha ha ha. damn. we liberals are a sorry bunch.

so basically everything stays the same
Old 11.23.2016, 06:47 PM   #1838
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
You can't win using their platform.

You just keep logging into facebook and report in to your Chinese masters.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2016/11...make-you-sick/
Old 11.23.2016, 06:53 PM   #1839
tesla69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
this is an old man's failure to learn to use new tools due to stubborness
this is the kind of statement made by someone who wants to take the world back to the 1950s

I know you're such a big brain about this stuff, but the Cycle of Stupidity really reached an new level of speed during the election, as shown by the spread of 'fake news' through fakebook groups - I may well have posted some of the shit unknowningly as well. I heard about this on NPR, so it must be real. The Cycle of Stupidity is real, get used to it.
Old 11.23.2016, 07:08 PM   #1840
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
I know you're such a big brain about this stuff, but the Cycle of Stupidity really reached an new level of speed during the election, as shown by the spread of 'fake news' through fakebook groups - I may well have posted some of the shit unknowningly as well. I heard about this on NPR, so it must be real. The Cycle of Stupidity is real, get used to it.
you mean that news and rumors travel faster?

that's hardly... news

what are we gonna do about the telegraph, man. that's what i wanna know. i'm not sure i can cope with the transatlantic cable.
82899091 92 939495102142192 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth