Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.10.2016, 01:30 PM   #1681
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I'm considering seeking counseling. I am worried about the level of rage and anger and despair I'm feeling. I'm having trouble speaking to people who I know voted Trump. Having a hard time being civil and containing myself.

I slept about 45 minutes on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning... two hours tops last night. Was up at 4 with tears in my eyes. Called in sick for the first half of the day (which a I probably should have done yesterday, as Symbols suggested). I'm sore and malnourished. Did something nasty to my arm when I hucked a coffee mug against the wall on Tuesday. In short, I'm acting like a goddamn child.

May need help of some kind. Take some inventory.

you tend to get carried away by the hot flaming gas of your THOUGHTS

they literally take you over and you can't detach from them or observe them from a place of calm

i mentioned ages ago you could try to learn to meditate, but horse/water/drink

"10% happier" is a plenty mainstream introduction. told by some tv anchor that started with a panic attack on national tv.

best luck dude.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2016, 01:32 PM   #1682
PLips
Banned

PLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's asses
I know what I'm doing! I'm going to be Courtney Love's butler in 5 years.

You need a virtuous sweetheart to fight for Severian. That's what I do! Chivalry mang, get with it. Trump is anti chivalry.

She Needs Me from Punch Drunk Love (originally from Popeye)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oBVcuinfZ4c
PLips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2016, 02:40 PM   #1683
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
outbreaks of racist and homophobic violence, and trump delivers on his anti-elites stance... by naming old guard repulicans in his cabinet. I wonder if any of his supporters have the brain cells to see they already got played
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2016, 05:04 PM   #1684
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
outbreaks of racist and homophobic violence, and trump delivers on his anti-elites stance... by naming old guard repulicans in his cabinet. I wonder if any of his supporters have the brain cells to see they already got played

wtf. he hasn't named his cabinet yet!

i hate rumors

anyway here an interesting read from a muslim immigrant woman who voted for trumpet:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...mepage%2Fstory
Old 11.10.2016, 06:04 PM   #1685
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
it's pretty clear who got Trump over the top. it's not the 'dumb white trash rednecks' like you like to think. Trump got the conservative redneck vote like duh but, it was the ones in between. the ignored ones that weren't disenfranchised but, who were sorely underestimated by Dems that were convinced that 'they' were on 'their' side. Hillary spent too much time being a light Sanders and completely distancing herself from the reg Dem voters. add that with the lib media that took control while being condescending to the hopeful undecided and you have yourself a self inflictive massacre.

Dems played very very nasty this year. Fox News nasty and well, it showed. Hillary voters got what they deserved. their own shit thrown back in their fucking face!
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2016, 06:06 PM   #1686
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real McCoy
The cosmopolitan, bourgeoisie, PC posturing lunatical left have desperately tried to sabotage both the EU referendum and US presidential election with preposterous, alarmist, insidious campaigns of the highest puerility and fatuousness in a feeble attempt to scare or shame people into voting for their preferred choice. One can easily conclude they tried to pervert the course of democracy. Thankfully the majority of the people saw through their bullshit of vilification and voted for who they liked and not what the lunatical left tried to bully them into voting for. Hitler was notorious for using the very same tactics in his rise to power.

I feel you man.
Old 11.10.2016, 06:39 PM   #1687
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
it's pretty clear who got Trump over the top. it's not the 'dumb white trash rednecks' like you like to think. Trump got the conservative redneck vote like duh but, it was the ones in between. the ignored ones that weren't disenfranchised but were sorely underestimated by Dems that were convinced that 'they' were on 'their' side. Hillary spent too much time being a light Sanders and completely distancing herself from the reg Dems voters. add that with the lib media that took control while being condescending to the hopeful undecided and you have yourself a self inflictive massacre.

Dems played very very nasty this year. Fox News nasty and well, it showed. Hillary voters got what they deserved. their own shit thrown back in their fucking face!

You voted for Hillary.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2016, 07:04 PM   #1688
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
You voted for Hillary.

and yet, 2 things to note

a) he's posting sober! hello pepparz

b) he's right, actually

the democrats lost middle america. it wasn't a "kkk victory" -- the kkk just bandwagonned.

i gotta get a hike in before dark but yeah

dems had no interest in the proletariat this season.

WARREN 2020
Old 11.10.2016, 07:26 PM   #1689
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
I voted Johnson! *ducks and covers*
Old 11.10.2016, 07:40 PM   #1690
pepper_green
Banned

Quote:
You voted for Hillary.

I just feel we should give the best wishes to our next president. the more we hate and protest the more we throw this bastard off. he needs the upmost support. he's a bullshitter but, at least he's not a Bush. a contender as a moderate is what im guessing.
Old 11.10.2016, 07:45 PM   #1691
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

b) he's right, actually

the democrats lost middle america. it wasn't a "kkk victory" -- the kkk just bandwagonned.

i gotta get a hike in before dark but yeah

dems had no interest in the proletariat this season.

WARREN 2020

I don't know that this is entirely accurate. Yes, the Dems opted for a neoliberal approach and counted on their working class appeal to stay in tact. They chose a wealthy aristocratic candidate who didn't speak to the true needs of the people as much as a democratic candidate facing a ridiculous an inexplicably strong opponent should do. This is true.

BUT... for one thing, the odds were against ANY Democrat winning. For a Dem to win after two-terms of Dem? Almost without precedent. Trying to recall my elementary history, and failing, but it's happened... what, once? In the history of the country?

ALSO... The media failed to provide the right kind of coverage. There are economic reasons for this that I can soeak to from having real world experience in news media. One of them is that all but a handful of newspapers are having a god awful time financially. They're transitioning -- even small town publications -- to online hybrid formats, and that means they need clicks to sell ads.
So instead of getting news about candidate platforms, we got the same "emails v. tax returns" stories over and over and over again, pockmarked by slanted editorials that demonized Trump and only served to piss off those of his supporters who can, y'know, read.

The big story of the cycle should have been "What EXACTLY will you do about the Affordable Care Act?" Trump's lack of a plan should have been highlighted and broadcast across all platforms, and Hillary's expansion programs and plans for continuation and improvement of ACA should have as well.

For what it's worth, ACA is the meat of this election. Hospital's and care providers across the nation have undergone exhaustive re-jiggerings and in some cases brick-by-brick reconstructions of billing and service practices. BILLIONS have gone into this. I've spoken with and interviewed hospital administrators from multiple states about this, and the consensus is... they don't want to have to do that again. Nobody wants repeal/replace except for the population of people who don't want to be fined for not buying insurance (which they don't buy because they don't have the money). Hillary was invested in ACA, and should have used this fact -- that the change has been made and people don't want to/can't afford to go back -- and so should my fellow journalists.

The republicans knew this was the case, which is why you'd e hard pressed to find a single congressional Repo candidate who supported repeal/replace but would actually tell you what s/he wanted to replace it with.

Health care accounts for so many jobs. It's such an important issue. ACA is flawed, and if the focus had been placed on what the candidates planned to do about it, the narrative would have had substance. Instead, all the average person knew about was "emails and tax returns." So all those people who cant afford health care or the fine for not having health care (more people fall into this category than most would believe), voted with the information they had and one candidate wanted to do that. Emails was a nice distraction scandal for people to focus on when they should have been asking themselves, "How exactly is a program that is the law of the land in 50 states going to be repealed/replaced and am I sure I WANT it to be repealed/replaced if I have no idea what anyone wants to repeal/replace it with?"

When I was unemployed, I received free Medicaid through ACA. Millions did. Yes it was a hassle, yes it took time, yes I had to go a few months without insurance when I was awaiting redetermination, but t saved me THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. It may have saved my Fucking life during that year. If ACA is actually repealed (and it will take time for this to happen, but with bodies in every branch, it eventually will) all those people who are either unemployed or work at McDonald's but only make $13,000 a year -- those people who receive free State benefits will have NOTHING.

Those people ... the McDonald's workers and the lower class rural Americans with families ... turned out and voted for "Repeal/replace ACA" over "that crook with the two email account" in DROVES.

My profession FAILED. We failed because of a fucked market. We failed because we're desperate too. We failed because we were all too busy delivering snarky editorials on HuffPo and talking down to the little man about why the emails didn't matter and we looked arrogant and decidedly anti-Trump.

Trump USED his own hatability against us. Notice, only ONE nationally distributed news outlet recommended Trump. He took that and ran with it, told everyone the media was the bad guy and deliberately baited the media into smearing him for his racist/sexist/xenophobic antics and we bought into it and ended up looking crooked.

We also failed as people. All of us. The Dems were so divided from the start, and shots were fired in the primaries that aren't usually fired until the general. Bernie Sander played a huge role in this (no, sorry Facebook meme-generator, he wasn't the holy fucking spirit, and he did great harm to his adoptive party.)

Hillary won the pop vote. So it wasn't like she got crushed.

All we had to do was grow up a bit, and this could have happened differently.
Old 11.10.2016, 07:54 PM   #1692
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
I just feel we should give the best wishes to our next president. the more we hate and protest the more we throw this bastard off. he needs the upmost support. he's a bullshitter but, at least he's not a Bush. a contender as a moderate is what im guessing.

I'd take H.W. over Trump in a heartbeat. I might even take W. over Trump. Actually, yes, I would take W. over Trump. Maybe not W. and Cheney, but in a straight W. vs. Trump showdown I'd suck that Texan's little dick if it would get us out of this.
Old 11.10.2016, 08:24 PM   #1693
pepper_green
Banned

Quote:

naw. I was drunk ass hell, blunted out and i still am.
Old 11.11.2016, 08:03 AM   #1694
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
I keep going through the stages of grief, in no particular order it seems.

At some point in the day, I accept the results. Then I grow angry. I bargain. I deny. At my worst, I think I'm dreaming/hallucinating. Then I accept, etc.

I can't settle and I think I'm going a little nuts.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.11.2016, 09:23 AM   #1695
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
naw. I was drunk ass hell, blunted out and i still am.
must have caught you early in the process cuz you were still coherent

congrats
Old 11.11.2016, 09:45 AM   #1696
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Opinions
I said Clinton was in trouble with the voters I represent. Democrats didn’t listen.

Debbie Dingell, a Democrat, represents Michigan’s 12th Congressional District in the House.

I was the crazy one. I predicted that Hillary Clinton was in trouble in Michigan during the Democratic primary. I observed that Donald Trump could win the Republican nomination for president. And at Rotary clubs, local chambers of commerce, union halls and mosques, I noted that we could see a Trump presidency. “That’s Debbie, it’s hyperbole, she is nuts.”

It’s now our reality , and as Americans we need to understand why...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...mepage%2Fstory
Old 11.11.2016, 09:58 AM   #1697
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
I keep going through the stages of grief, in no particular order it seems.

At some point in the day, I accept the results. Then I grow angry. I bargain. I deny. At my worst, I think I'm dreaming/hallucinating. Then I accept, etc.

I can't settle and I think I'm going a little nuts.

This is the chaotic cycle I've been going through too.

It's actually good to know I'm not the only one who feels like they might be cracking from time to time.
Old 11.11.2016, 11:17 AM   #1698
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravitySlips
Elections, referendums... the Left keep losing. why?

In the UK, they're completely out of touch with the opinions of working class people. Your average working class family in the UK do NOT like Corbyn-led Labour.

The Left need to sort their shit out soon. Too much division, too out of touch with popular working class sentiment about things like immigration, too much time spent on things that appeal to middle class college/uni kids but not to REAL working people, the core who they should be looking towards for votes. I fear it's gonna turn into an even worse shitshow if they don't get their act together.

well, college kids educated professionals are real people too, but otherwise i agree with you. too much identity politics and not enough class issues.

part of the problem though is that at least in america a lot of the working class don't think they're actually working class-- they're think they're just temporarily embarrassed millionaires waiting for the big time- so-- don't tax the rich! i'll be one soon! and people vote against their own interests.

it would take some sort of... political reeducation for people to start to see the light again. but then the republicans would call it-- class warfare, an attack on job creators, communist indoctrination, etc. and they could be half-right.

it's a tricky situation. has to be done right or it will explode in people's faces.

IDEALLY you'd have business, government and labor working together, but the anglo-american model seems to be based on confrontation rather than cooperation.
Old 11.11.2016, 12:14 PM   #1699
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
There are some interesting statistics here:
http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37922587
(sorry if similar has already been posted, I've not read all pages in the last few days)

And here's a comparison between the US Election compared to the Brexit votes in the UK a couple months earlier:
http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37943072

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.11.2016, 12:23 PM   #1700
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
well, college kids educated professionals are real people too, but otherwise i agree with you. too much identity politics and not enough class issues.

part of the problem though is that at least in america a lot of the working class don't think they're actually working class-- they're think they're just temporarily embarrassed millionaires waiting for the big time- so-- don't tax the rich! i'll be one soon! and people vote against their own interests.

it would take some sort of... political reeducation for people to start to see the light again. but then the republicans would call it-- class warfare, an attack on job creators, communist indoctrination, etc. and they could be half-right.

it's a tricky situation. has to be done right or it will explode in people's faces.

IDEALLY you'd have business, government and labor working together, but the anglo-american model seems to be based on confrontation rather than cooperation.

The fear of socialism and communism that the right has reliably rallied behind since the dawn of man is kind of hilarious in this instance, since we now have a president championed by Putin and a political oligarchy across branches. Big Government has never been bigger than it is (or will soon be), at least in theory.

But if you know a single Trump voter who has thought of that, then congratulations you've found Waldo.
75828384 85 86878895135185 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth