Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page the keiji haino praising thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.10.2008, 01:24 AM   #121
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
The Black Blues albums are definitely my favorite of what I've heard from him. They seem the most...focused or singular or something. Other stuff is generally crazy but highly enjoyable freakout shit.

I like collab he did with KK NUll, "Mamono", prolly the most I've heard him go explicitly into No Wave and Power Electronics both.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2008, 08:55 AM   #122
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
As I'm sure I've said many times before on this forum, "Affection" is simply a masterpiece. I love all the Haino I've heard, and he's unquestionably one of my very favourite musicians, but that album is just unbelievable. For me it's flat out of the greatest albums ever, encapsulating everything about the man and his music that’s so appealing. Anyone who has an even passing interest in Haino should check it out as soon as possible.

OK, eulogising over.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2009, 03:29 PM   #123
sarramkrop

Keiji Haino is playing in Italy at the Netmage festival in Bologna, 22nd of January.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.06.2009, 03:36 PM   #124
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
I'm seeing him in Philly with Tony Conrad in April. Should be nothing short of awesome.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.09.2009, 08:46 PM   #125
hat and bread
children of satan

hat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
anyone got that recent release?

The hurdy gurdy one?
I do and it is excellent. Probably his best solo on that particular instrument.
On an unrelated note, I'm seeing Haino with 'dora bideo' (whatever that is!?!) tomorrow night.
hat and bread is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2009, 03:24 PM   #126
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I'm bumping this, because we need to talk about him some more.

I just got this off of SoulSeek last night;

http://auralassault.blogspot.com/200...s-live-at.html

Great stuff. About as straight forward as he gets.

Or so I thought. I downloaded a few other albums by him, and he actually does stuff that isn't just crazinoise. I never realized this, as everything that I had heard of him before (which I admit isn't a whole lot) has been.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2009, 04:28 PM   #127
hat and bread
children of satan

hat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
I'm bumping this, because we need to talk about him some more.

I just got this off of SoulSeek last night;

http://auralassault.blogspot.com/200...s-live-at.html

Great stuff. About as straight forward as he gets.

Or so I thought. I downloaded a few other albums by him, and he actually does stuff that isn't just crazinoise. I never realized this, as everything that I had heard of him before (which I admit isn't a whole lot) has been.

Haino's discography is all over the place. Probably the majority of it isn't noise in the usual meaning of the word.
The first few Fushitsusha albums were quite noisy, but still very rock n' roll. His first band Lost Aaraaff was kind of a bizarre jazz/rock improv unit (CD of that is on PSF Records). Friends of mine who aren't particularly fond of Haino usually enjoy the acoustic Black Blues album. Affection is very 'song oriented'. The Tzadik album Tenshi no Gijinka sounds like a weird percussion ritual.
Etc.
If you dig through his discography you'll find quite a lot of unnoise music.
hat and bread is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.29.2009, 09:33 AM   #128
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
That's what I am seeing. I see him in a whole new light now, and I like him more than ever.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.30.2009, 05:06 PM   #129
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
There should probably be a seperate post count on my profile for each time I hype-up "Affection", and there's a reason. Simply one of the best albums ever. If you're working through Haino then make sure you get that one. The first two Fushitsusha Double Live releases (PSF 3/4 and PSF 15/16) are both favourites too. Oh and everyone should hear the hurdy gurdy albums at least once.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.30.2009, 11:26 PM   #130
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
I fucking adore this great man. And yet, all I have is a couple of his long solo meditations and a Fushitsusha. (Wisdom Prepared.) This will change.
Old 07.13.2011, 10:01 PM   #131
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
I think this thread needs a big old bump

listening to psf 3/4 now

..greatest voice of all time?
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2011, 08:10 AM   #132
Semperet
little trouble girl

Semperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard sucka
Just watched him with Sunn 0))) on youtube. Sound quality was always going to be a problem. I loved Tima Formosa last year--it's well worth the effort. Would love to hear the "In a Flash" record he did with Ambarchi and O'Rourke, but I don't have a sniff of a record player. Don't suppose anyone has converted it into one of those new-fangled download links? I've been looking for a while but have yet to find one.
I'd buy the bloody thing if it was available legitimately, I swear.
Semperet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2011, 04:29 PM   #133
Semperet
little trouble girl

Semperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard sucka
?
I did so, but the album I'm referring to isn't on the page and was only released on vinyl anyway, which is the point I was making: I've got no access to a record player but would buy a download or CD if it were released legitimately. I will order the last one on there, though, which is apparently recorded outdoors with Haino singing into caves.

The two listed above that on the link above, the Seijaku albums, I got earlier in the year and wasn't blown away--sort of a more shambolic Fushitsusha on the Mail from Fushitsusha one and better but still quite messy on the other one.
Semperet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2011, 01:47 PM   #134
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
I put a oo3 Hainer/KK Null set up recently

http://duclism.blogspot.com/2011/09/...urayama-9.html
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.28.2011, 04:09 AM   #135
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
why so?
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.11.2011, 12:18 AM   #136
ana
empty page

ana has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I registered on this forum just to say that Keiji Haino is, in addition to being musical genius, the sweetest and kindest person in the world.

Someone asked about whether he has a girlfriend - I don't want to spread rumours here either - but it's not like he hasn't got any. In fact, many of his works (including lyrics), as well as performances, are deeply erotic. I don't understand why so many people miss that point.
ana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2012, 03:03 PM   #137
jimbrim
expwy. to yr skull

jimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's asses
Just to let you all know, Keiji Haino is doing another couple of dates at Cafe Oto in February. It's likely that I will be able to make it this time as well!

http://cafeoto.co.uk/keiji-haino-residency.shtm
jimbrim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2012, 02:58 AM   #138
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbrim
Just to let you all know, Keiji Haino is doing another couple of dates at Cafe Oto in February. It's likely that I will be able to make it this time as well!

http://cafeoto.co.uk/keiji-haino-residency.shtm

I'll try to go to at least one of the dates, hope to see you there Jim!

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2012, 04:02 PM   #139
jimbrim
expwy. to yr skull

jimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, you should go! I've got lectures all day on Tuesday till 9:00, so I've decided to get a ticket for the Wednesday show only.
jimbrim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2012, 04:13 PM   #140
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Ok if I can get a ticket I'll go on Wednesday too...

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth