Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What The Fuck Are You Eating????
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.18.2019, 08:09 AM   #1541
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
pookie’s famous flatbreads

ADAPTED RECIPE:
Heat up 12oz water to 115F, mix 1 tablespon sugar, add 1 packet of dry yeast (2-1/2 tsp)

While it proofs:
Mix 500g bread flour with 1-1/2 tsp salt

Pour in water, mix
(gunna try without oil, otherwise 2tbsp)

knead for 10'

Rest 1h, punch down, cut into 8, roll, grill

ORIGINAL RECIPE W/ NOTES

1 sachet dried yeast [2.25 tsp], 450g [500 works better] bread flour, 1 tbsp sugar, 1-1/2 teaspoon salt, 350ml [12 oz] hand hot water, 2 tbsp olive oil. Mix together, knead for 10 minutes, rest for 1 hour, punch down, divide into 6-8 pieces. Roll out as flat as you can and fry on yr griddle in OLIVE OIL for the tastiest flatbread.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2019, 11:36 AM   #1542
_tunic_
expwy. to yr skull

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I made mussels for the first time myself yesterday. It's extremely yummy and so easy! Take 1kg of mussels per person, and change the amount for other ingredients accordingly

For wine I selected an Austrian, Gruener Veltiner
Apologies for European sizes

According to the recipe the cooking time is 15 minutes, but that was at least for me way too long. A litthe over 5 minutes was all it took.
And don't gorget to wash the mussels with cold water before cooking, if necessary (package should say so). And don't cook the ones that are already open

Quote:
Mussels with roquefort

4 people 20 min

Ingredients

3 kg of fresh mussels
2 shallots, shredded
400 g roquefort (200 g crumbled + 200 g in 4 slices)
300 g of crème fraiche
200 ml of dry white wine

Prepare

Pour the mussels in a large frying pan. Add the shallots, the crumbled roquefort and the crème fraîche. Pour the white wine over it.

Cover the pan for 15 minutes on a low heat. Shake the mussels halfway through the preparation time. The mussels are ready when they are all open. Shake them again. Place a slice of roquefort on each portion.

Serve the mussels with fries. [and/or baguette]

this recipe comes from a cookbook by Léon de Bruxelles which is a chain of restaurants in France. I ate there a couple of times, and every time at the same restaurant their mussels were heavily overcooked. I'm a better cook than their cook(s)

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2019, 12:50 PM   #1543
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
I made mussels for the first time myself yesterday. It's extremely yummy and so easy! Take 1kg of mussels per person, and change the amount for other ingredients accordingly

For wine I selected an Austrian, Gruener Veltiner
Apologies for European sizes

According to the recipe the cooking time is 15 minutes, but that was at least for me way too long. A litthe over 5 minutes was all it took.
And don't gorget to wash the mussels with cold water before cooking, if necessary (package should say so). And don't cook the ones that are already open

this recipe comes from a cookbook by Léon de Bruxelles which is a chain of restaurants in France. I ate there a couple of times, and every time at the same restaurant their mussels were heavily overcooked. I'm a better cook than their cook(s)

haaahaaahaaaahaaaaa!

yeah, 15 min is way toooo fucking long

maybe they’re trying to reduce the liquid but that long it’s gonna be murder on the mussels

for me, just 3 min ftw, but i cook them in a steamer basket. could make sauce separately i suppose
Old 08.31.2019, 01:13 PM   #1544
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
mussels are the best pollution filters in the ocean. If anything is bad where they are, it's in them.
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2019, 01:25 PM   #1545
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
mussels are the best pollution filters in the ocean. If anything is bad where they are, it's in them.
ah! that’s where their great flavor comes from

but seriously most mussels are farmed in clean and safe and ecologically positive conditions
68757677 78
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth