Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Big Audio Dynamite
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.19.2008, 06:14 AM   #41
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
If ever there was a band whose significance diminishes sharply the moment it leaves US waters, it would have to be the Grateful Dead. I neither like nor loathe them, in the same way that I have absolutely no opinion whatsoever about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, or car jacking.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2008, 06:18 AM   #42
sarramkrop

Toilet & Bowels is right, though, I don't get the strong feelings for Grateful Dead. I can't ever recall listening to their music on purpose, I can't recall a single note by them or what they look(ed) like. Life's too short to have opinions about bands that you don't care and have time for.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2008, 06:29 AM   #43
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm sure there are tons of US bands that make no real sense outside of America, just like I'm sure there are British, Australian, German, Greek, NZ bands that only really make sense in theirs. unfortunately, because Britain and America wield such a large pop cultural pull, we assume that whatever we like on a local level, must make some kind of sense to anyone.

I'm convinced that the Happy Mondays, a great band in my eyes, make absolutely no sense whatsoever the minute they move beyond Dover.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2008, 06:30 AM   #44
sarramkrop

You'd be right. I think that happens more in Britain, though. The motto ''We're the best band in the world blah blah'' etc falls on deaf ears in most European countries, for instance.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth