Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page "A More Perfect Constitution" by Larry J. Sabato
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.10.2007, 10:29 AM   #1
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
A More Perfect Constitution: 23 Proposals to Revitalize our Constitution and Make America a Fairer Country

please explore
http://www.amoreperfectconstitution.com/

excerpt of book description:
In A MORE PERFECT CONSTITUTION, Larry Sabato persuasively argues that, while much of the Constitution should remain sacred, some crucial revisions are essential to restore equity for ordinary citizens, for until some of its outmoded provisions are reformed, we will continue to have more of the same political stagnation. Indeed, the inspiration for these reforms comes from the original framers—Jefferson, Madison, Mason, Washington, and others—who fully expected the Constitution would, and should, be regularly revised each generation to reflect the country’s changing needs. Yet, apart from the ten amendments in the Bill of Rights, it has only been amended seventeen times in 220 years, and many of those amendments were inconsequential.

A MORE PERFECT CONSTITUTION presents twenty-three creative and dynamic proposals to reinvigorate American governance. Combining idealism and pragmatism, Larry Sabato's thought-provoking ideas range from the structure of Congress, and length of the president’s term to the number and terms of Supreme Court justices, the vagaries of the Electoral College, and a compelling call for universal national service—all laced through with the history behind each issue and their potential impact on the lives of ordinary people.

This new book which came out on October 2, and is authored by the founder and director of the renowned Center for Politics at the University of Virginia. He's written many, many books over the years, but this one seems to be the most relevant and important. I just heard about it on the local news this morning. Hmmm, it seems that some of the ideas I've been tossing around for the last few years just may have permeated into the UVA Political Science Department because he's never written something quite like this before as far as I can tell. Yeah, I know it's not entirely probable, but it is possible. In any case, I'm excited about reading the book.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth