Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Recording music programs for WIndow 98SE
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.27.2006, 05:05 PM   #1
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
I've been trying to record some music with the Sound Recorder on my computer, but it's very awkward to use and getting good quality recordings requires you to set the quality setting to CD quality, and while it makes for good quality recordings, it also takes forever to save.

Where I work, they sell Acid Music Studio, but you need Windows 2000 or XP to run it, and I'm using an outdated machine with Windows 98SE...I read on the old board that somewhere you can download a music program that isn't the best, but it's got to be better than what I've got now...

Anyone know of it, or anything other recording programs that can run on Windows 98SE?

btw, I'm streaming some songs from Rather Ripped right now, and while I doubt it'll replace Goo as my fave SY disc, I like it...
GeneticKiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2006, 06:08 PM   #2
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Go to www.mgshareware.com, & download the "FreeRIP.2945" program. It's a simple program format that rips the audio from a cd, to mp3 format. I had to manage w/ Windows98 for a while & it helped w/ uploading issues.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2006, 07:11 PM   #3
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

umjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's asses
I use audacity, just google it or something. It's a fairly simple and easy to use program that allows you to record, edit and save your files in a variety of different formats including mp3. And it runs on any windows os I think.

But you'll need an mp3 encoder because audacity doesn't include it. So get Lame (an encoder) and you're all set.

umjammer atomsk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2006, 07:35 AM   #4
next step
the destroyed room

next step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's assesnext step kicks all y'all's asses
Hi Genetik, I dont know if it works with your sound blaster but you could try PRO TOOLS ZONE 32 tracks edition. It's the only cracked edition of this programs and it works only with win98se or Millenium but not with integrate sound cards. I ran it with a Darla and it works excellent as a recorder. It's easy but still professional and then you can find many good plug-ins. If you want to run it and you cant find it on the web, lemme know and I'll send it somewhere.....
Old 05.28.2006, 08:02 AM   #5
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
cakewalk.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.28.2006, 09:20 AM   #6
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
audacity
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

kristal audio engine
http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth