Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Yr Experience of meeting SY after a concert or what have you
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.07.2006, 01:40 AM   #1
AbsentDadaSezFuckOff
little trouble girl

AbsentDadaSezFuckOff is just really niceAbsentDadaSezFuckOff is just really niceAbsentDadaSezFuckOff is just really niceAbsentDadaSezFuckOff is just really nice
I recently saw them at empire sacramento and hung around to meet them afterward, Steve was SUPER nice, Lee was kindof hurried, I felt he might've been annoyed, Kim was really quiet and distant, cold really. Thurston was straight up cool. I wonder if Kim was just in a bad mood. Whatever, I've heard worse stories about "celebrities" HAH, ARE S-Y CELEBS?

I WANT TO BE FREE, IT'S NOT ON MTV
AbsentDadaSezFuckOff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2006, 01:44 AM   #2
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Daycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's asses
I never met them, but when I yelled "THANK YOU" after incinerate, Kim made eye contact with me as if to say "Thank YOU, Daycare Nation." And Thurston glanced at me several times sideways, as if to say "I cannot bear to play guitar in the presence of this righteous man."

That dragon ain't the love sweet love.
Daycare Nation is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2006, 01:46 AM   #3
AbsentDadaSezFuckOff
little trouble girl

AbsentDadaSezFuckOff is just really niceAbsentDadaSezFuckOff is just really niceAbsentDadaSezFuckOff is just really niceAbsentDadaSezFuckOff is just really nice
hmmmm
Old 07.07.2006, 01:53 AM   #4
spiritbears
bad moon rising

spiritbears has tongues queuing up for a rim-festspiritbears has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
I got to shake lee's hand.... but yeah...kim was in a bad mood...she got pissed at thurston when he went center stage with his bass.....
I tried to talk to lee but he was in a hurry.....none of them really seemed to want to talk to us.....
Old 07.07.2006, 02:06 AM   #5
AbsentDadaSezFuckOff
little trouble girl

She was pissed at Thursto? I didn't even notice his center stage bassness, i think the pot smoke pissed her off too. i guess maybe she's just all business sometimes.

oh sexxee lee
Old 07.07.2006, 02:14 AM   #6
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
i met Lee and Thurston after the Missoula show last week. both were very cool and nice. Thurston talked about all sorts of stuff, but Lee was mostly thanking everyone for coming out and/or compliments given to him. Kim signed my ticket but quickly got into a van with Mark Ibold to go to a hotel or something. i saw Coco get in the tour bus before Kim came out, but i didn't talk to her because that would've been weird. and i missed Steve entirely.
Old 07.07.2006, 02:20 AM   #7
AbsentDadaSezFuckOff
little trouble girl

too bad I hella want to talk to her, I remember reading shit where the riot grrls said to her "will you be our mother?" mine would be, "let's jam?"
Old 07.07.2006, 02:26 AM   #8
AbsentDadaSezFuckOff
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnine
They Were Total Fucking Assholes...
Total Fucking Assholes!!!

Where'd you see them, can you elaborate? This excites me.
Old 07.07.2006, 02:27 AM   #9
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Awesome. I love assholes.

And no, not like that. Perverts.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2006, 02:36 AM   #10
AbsentDadaSezFuckOff
little trouble girl

I wasn't talking about their actual... get yr head out of the gutter
Old 07.07.2006, 02:37 AM   #11
AbsentDadaSezFuckOff
little trouble girl

Hmm i just realized that last post of mine made no sense. At least i'm not wasting paper. Forgive the newbie
Old 07.07.2006, 02:40 AM   #12
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsentDadaSezFuckOff
Hmm i just realized that last post of mine made no sense. At least i'm not wasting paper. Forgive the newbie
Haha. That was actually pretty funny.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2006, 03:19 AM   #13
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, like saturnine would ever say something nice about anything.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2006, 03:51 AM   #14
AbsentDadaSezFuckOff
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnine
I have plenty of nice things to say, or that I could say, I just choose not to because it's more entertaining if I don't.

Oh yr just a big softee!!!
Old 07.07.2006, 06:25 AM   #15
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
i made a concerted effort to go backstage after the dublin gig last summer. the security were more than helpful. i tried to find the tour manager but couldnt as i was going to give up. steve walked by and i just stuck my hand out. he stayed and chatted for about 20-30 minutes. signed my syr4 and promised to meet up next time they were in ireland. ive never come accross a more genuine, likeable and totally humbly polite person ever. totally taken back by his niceness. made me decide that the syr4 must now contain all the sy signatures........................
Old 07.07.2006, 08:59 AM   #16
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
that's some move you have...like a put 'er there look combined with the extended hand...ingenious
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2006, 08:59 AM   #17
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
that's some move you have (instinctively made)...like a put 'er there look combined with the extended hand...ingenious
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2006, 11:21 AM   #18
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
SY are great. I've only ever met Thurston, Lee and Kim though.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2006, 11:45 AM   #19
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
i made a concerted effort to go backstage after the dublin gig last summer. the security were more than helpful. i tried to find the tour manager but couldnt as i was going to give up. steve walked by and i just stuck my hand out. he stayed and chatted for about 20-30 minutes. signed my syr4 and promised to meet up next time they were in ireland. ive never come accross a more genuine, likeable and totally humbly polite person ever. totally taken back by his niceness. made me decide that the syr4 must now contain all the sy signatures........................

was it after? i thought it was before.
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2006, 02:34 AM   #20
Bluelt22
empty page

Bluelt22 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I met SY after the Sacramento show, STEVE was so freakin nice! wow! Lee was cool, but he didn't seem to interested to hang around very long, he passed by at first in a rush to get on the bus but he then came back out and singed my CD, KIm was very quiet, and Thurston was HELLA cool, he is sooooo tall!! anyway i think steve was the most fun too meet cause he was so nice!
Bluelt22 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth