Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.29.2010, 05:44 AM   #11621
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshChops
In God We Trust (1980) ....just finishing up on HBO. Haven't seen it since I was a little kid and it's great. Marty Feldman, Peter Boyle and gem performances by Andy Kaufman as the preacher and Richard Pryor as G.O.D. was brilliant!

edit, now that I think of it, all those guys are dead.... and probably all too soon.

I need to see that movie. I hope they're selling it in my local branch of HMV.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2010, 05:57 AM   #11622
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2010, 06:01 AM   #11623
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
yeah that movie's pretty funny. I have it as CRAZY FAT ETHEL.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2010, 06:25 AM   #11624
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

what the fuck

Old 07.29.2010, 07:22 AM   #11625
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I won't comment on all of them but...

WHOO.

alright thanks. Haha. BTW, wasn't Don't Go Near The Park released as Last House 2? Or it was another movie anyway. There was (technically) a Last House 2, the same way there's Evil Dead 3, 4, 5 in Italy (La Casa) etc. At any rate, yes it is often compared to I Spit, which is a far rougher film. And yes there's that weird cop on the chicken truck shit. But it is a great film.

oh and same thing w me on People Under The Stairs and nostalgia. Though most of his films from 80s/90's are like that w me. I saw most of them on USA Network or rented videos not knowing who he was. Then later realized that I had all this nostalgia and it happened to be films from the same director.

and I'm surprised you liked Red Eye at all. I like that it was released so subtly. I'm also surprised you rated Cursed and Pulse as high as you did. Which is cool. I'm glad that you at least seem to "get" why I like Craven or maybe even feel similar.

@Dr. Eugene -- wow! You're apparently a bigger Craven fan than I figured as well. That rules. And I know he didn't direct NOES3 or Pulse or HHE2 (new one), but when I discuss a director's work, I tend to always include any films written by him as well. Shrug.
Old 07.29.2010, 07:48 AM   #11626
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
BTW, wasn't Don't Go Near The Park released as Last House 2?

I think they've tried that with a few films. I think there were a few poster campaigns for Last House on Dead End Street that did it, and they definitely did it with the Italian film House on the Edge of the Park/'La casa sperduta nel parco'. That may be the one you're talking about in terms of the 'technical' remake. It starred David Hess and had a very similar plotline to Craven's original. Not a bad film, either. From what I remember.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2010, 07:56 AM   #11627
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I think they've tried that with a few films. I think there were a few poster campaigns for Last House on Dead End Street that did it, and they definitely did it with the Italian film House on the Edge of the Park/'La casa sperduta nel parco'. That may be the one you're talking about in terms of the 'technical' remake. It starred David Hess and had a very similar plotline to Craven's original. Not a bad film, either. From what I remember.

that IS the one I'm thinking of. Yes. Thank you.
Old 07.29.2010, 08:03 AM   #11628
noisereductions
invito al cielo

according to IMDB,

Twitch of the Death Nerve aka Last House On The Left Part II
The Naked Prey aka Hitchhike: Last House on the Left
Last House on Hell Street aka Beyond the Last House on the Left
New House on the Left aka Last House - Part II aka Second House on the Left
The Last House on Dead End Street
The Last House on the Beach
The Last House on the Street
The Last House in the Woods
The House by the Edge of the Lake aka The Last House Near the Lake

so... yeah.
Old 07.29.2010, 08:12 AM   #11629
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I've always been fascinated by these sort of quasi sequels. Like I mentioned with La Casa... they were Evil Dead sequels in Italy, but had pretty much NOTHING to do with Raimi's films. I'm still intent on getting them all. I believe 2 of the 3 have been released in the US with alternate titles. Though I'd love if they said Evil Dead 2, 3, 4 on the cover haha.

Similarly, there's already a Scream 4. And actually my copy of it does say Scream 4, though most of them that you see are called Last Stab. It's a cheapo indie flick by um Fred Olen Ray if I'm thinking straight? The director who did Murder Weapon and Leaches I think.

There's other examples -- many of which are from Italy. Zombi comes to mind.
Old 07.29.2010, 10:57 AM   #11630
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

hah, so they released bay of blood (one of the best of all time) as last house on the left ii in some places -- even though it came out BEFORE last house on the left? Crazy.

Old 07.29.2010, 10:59 AM   #11631
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
hah, so they released bay of blood (one of the best of all time) as last house on the left ii in some places -- even though it came out BEFORE last house on the left? Crazy.

yep. The copy I watched was Bay Of Blood, though I feel like it's more commonly refered to as Twitch. But that one has several titles.
Old 07.29.2010, 11:03 AM   #11632
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

btw

what a great poster

Old 07.29.2010, 11:37 AM   #11633
noisereductions
invito al cielo

^yeah it is. That's the only Craven that I own that isn't on DVD/R. I have it as an MPEG or AVI or something on a pendrive. Im pretty sure it's still not on DVD in the states.
Old 07.29.2010, 12:12 PM   #11634
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Buffalo 66 is alright but I think Brown Bunny is a masterpiece. He was really good in that one Coppola film.

And he was pretty great in "The Funeral".

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2010, 03:01 PM   #11635
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Yeah, The Funeral just rules though. Ferrara is awesome.

Old 07.29.2010, 03:44 PM   #11636
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I've always been fascinated by these sort of quasi sequels. Like I mentioned with La Casa... they were Evil Dead sequels in Italy, but had pretty much NOTHING to do with Raimi's films. I'm still intent on getting them all. I believe 2 of the 3 have been released in the US with alternate titles. Though I'd love if they said Evil Dead 2, 3, 4 on the cover haha.

I've not seen any of the Evil Dead pseudo sequels but I know they're are plenty of them. Although their figures pale besides Italy's effective hijacking of the Emmanuelle franchise. That just got downright confusing.

Quote:
How can anyone watch Irreversable? I've seen it twice and it was extremely nauseating and hard to watch because of the shakey camera the first time, and even worse the second time because the movie's so damn boring. Monica Belluci is fine to look at for the last... not even going to talk aobut that overlong rape scene that is so drawn out and ridiculous and poorly-acted. It's impossible to take the film seriously. What's scary about it? There's a guy getting his face smashed in and a rape scene, otherwise nothing happens in it. People sitting around talking. The strobe effect in the film was cool but otherwise that film is worthless.

I Stand Alone, on the other hand, is a masterpiece.

never has so much wrongness appeared in just one post.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2010, 03:58 PM   #11637
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Nah. Irreversible just seems to me like a very poor film with a few decent ideas. Nothing about it interests me, the shakey and spinning camera is sickening, the content is boring, the whole thing looks like it was dipped in a toilet. I just don't know what angle to appreciate it from. I will say I haven't seen it in a long, long time, since it first came out on DVD, but I doubt I'd like it very much today either. I thought the backwards thing was a silly gimmick; seeing the fucked-up stuff before the boring stuff didn't really have any different of an impact than if we had seen all the boring shit and then the "CRAZY DISTURBING" stuff. Just a silly little film, not shocking, not disturbing, not entertaining -- just nothing to enjoy about it. Ohhh, and that's the critical defense... "it's not made to be enjoyed!" Cool, then I'm glad it exists, but I don't want to watch it again.

But I still have hope for Noe. His new one is supposedly nearly 3 hours long and is supposedly one big disconnected acid trip, so um.. that might be fun. I don't like any of his shorts -- especially the one on Destricted which was HORRIBLE, as was that whole film -- but ...

I still have hope.

Old 07.29.2010, 04:09 PM   #11638
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

anyway, recent watch

7 angels in eden - 0/10

Wind Will Carry Us - 8/10

and rewatched this modern classic

Old 07.29.2010, 04:45 PM   #11639
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
I've been depressed as fuck the past 2 or so days so I've just been watching movies..

salo - 5/10
evil ed - 8/10

rewatches:
takeshis' - 7/10
currently untitled - 10/10
the bed you sleep in - 10/10
period piece - 8/10

I've also been watching through THE CRITIC... is it me or is the humour of the show reminiscent of Family Guy but with better characters and cooler pop culture references?
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2010, 04:53 PM   #11640
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Haha, 10/10? Thanks man.

And yeah, The Critic rules. Shame it was killed off so early.

Oh, btw...

EAT PORK RINDS. EAT DEAD PIGS. EAT PORK RINDS. EAT DEAD PIGS.

I'M GOING TO SIT AT THAT TYPEWRITER AND WRITE TILL I DIE. I'M GOING TO WRITE A MOTHERFUCKER THATCAN'T BE DENIED.YOUR BOOKS ARE DILDOS. MINE'S A REAL DICK. MINE'S A REAL MOTHERFUCKING COCK. DILDOS DON'T BLEED WHEN YOU CHOP THEM IN HALF WITH AN AXE. BUT MY DICK BLEEDS WHEN YOU CHOP IT IN HALF... WITH AN AXE. FUCK YOUR DILDOS. THEY'RE PHONEY BALOGNEY. I'VE GOT A REAL DICK. IT'S HARD AND HORNY.

My favorite part is when Tyree shoots himself with the fake gun and goes "I'm dead."

482532572579580581 582 5835845855926326821082 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth