Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The 2020 USA Election Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.16.2021, 10:33 AM   #921
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

STUFF WE WON’T BE DISCUSSING I GUESS

Fair enough, I respect your commitment to decency.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2021, 02:07 PM   #922
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
“Protests” are apparently planned at Capitol buildings in all 50 states. It’s properly horrifying to think about.

Welcome to Trumpworld.
Old 01.16.2021, 02:10 PM   #923
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
My god Bytor will be having absolute kittens about all this impeachment. Good to see some republicans have an actual backbone and have voted for it.

The silencing/shutting up of gobshite Trump on twitter has been perfect. Normally by now we'd be talking about the NEXT ridiculous thing he's said/done, distracting away from the storming of the capitol building. Only wish it had been done a lot bloody sooner.

I'm still shocked that only 10 Repukes went for it.

But then again, why am I surprised?

Edit: This thread indicates that maybe it was less than 10? I may have my numbers wrong.
Old 01.16.2021, 02:12 PM   #924
Skuj
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw2113
Easy to believe on term amount, simply based on age and how aging the position can be within the span of 4 years. I suspect being POTUS for one term takes 8-12 years off your life.

In Trump's case, I think it added those years.
Old 01.16.2021, 10:11 PM   #925
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
“Protests” are apparently planned at Capitol buildings in all 50 states. It’s properly horrifying to think about.

Motherfucker says he was "lost", "didn't mean" to bring gun, and it was an "honest mistake". First 500 rounds of ammo honest mistake I've heard of.

https://news.google.com/stories/CAAq...S&ceid=US%3Aen

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2021, 12:23 AM   #926
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
After Biden is sworn in we should "close" both the Drumpf thread and this one, and start a broader one which, in an impressive show of inventiveness, I would call "The Political Thread".

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 01.17.2021, 09:45 AM   #927
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
After Biden is sworn in we should "close" both the Drumpf thread and this one, and start a broader one which, in an impressive show of inventiveness, I would call "The Political Thread".

Been wanting the “Is Trump really…?” thread gone for more than 4 years.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2021, 10:06 AM   #928
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
this feels like the longest week in my life already. my brain keeps asking "is he gone yet"? and the days seem to take forever to drag forward.

i think i have some sort of ptsd about this whole period, no joke.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2021, 02:18 PM   #929
Skuj
invito al cielo

Quote:
this feels like the longest week in my life already. my brain keeps asking "is he gone yet"? and the days seem to take forever to drag forward.

i think i have some sort of ptsd about this whole period, no joke.

I feel your pain.

Trump will go down in history as the biggest Con-Man ever. 74 million voted for him after 4 years of complete incompetence? Millions still believe The Big Lie?

It boggles my mind that this has happened.

Yes, in a few days we should begin a new thread. Perhaps "USA Politics"?
Old 01.17.2021, 05:47 PM   #930
Skuj
invito al cielo

The Biden Presidency Megathread? May I do it?
Old 01.17.2021, 06:29 PM   #931
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
no magathreads please

oh you said mega
Old 01.17.2021, 10:49 PM   #932
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krxU5Y9lCS8

Old 01.17.2021, 11:10 PM   #933
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

I know we've seen a bunch of videos already, but I'm not sure they've been organized in a proper timeline, with a detailed narration and even graphics of the Capitol. And to think this could have been even worse - a full-on Mumbai-style attack. Thankfully, MAGAssholes are as incompetent as their Führer, so at one point they decided that after all the effort they had put in and the fact that one of their own had been fatally shot, it was just selfie time. But before that, the brutality was off the fucking charts. From The Washington Post:

Quote:
41 minutes of fear: A video timeline from inside the Capitol siege

Using facial recognition, exclusive, unpublished video and interviews with lawmakers, The Post reconstructed the chaos inside the seat of government.

January 16, 2021

At 2:12 p.m. on Jan. 6, supporters of President Trump began climbing through a window they had smashed on the northwest side of the U.S. Capitol. “Go! Go! Go!” someone shouted as the rioters, some in military gear, streamed in.

It was the start of the most serious attack on the Capitol since the War of 1812. The mob coursed through the building, enraged that Congress was preparing to make Trump’s electoral defeat official. “Drag them out! … Hang them out!” rioters yelled at one point, as they gatherednear the House chamber.

Officials in the House and Senate secured the doors of their respective chambers, but lawmakers were soon forced to retreat to undisclosed locations. Five people died, including a Capitol police officer. In all, more than 50 officers were injured.

To reconstruct the pandemonium inside the Capitol for this video, The Washington Post examined text messages, photos and hundreds of videos, some of which were exclusively obtained. By synchronizing the footage and locating some of the camera angles within a digital 3-D model of the building, The Post was able to map the rioters’ movements and assess how close they came to lawmakers — in some cases feet apart or separated only by a handful of vastly outnumbered police officers.

The Post used a facial-recognition algorithm that differentiates individual faces — it does not identify people — to estimate that at least 300 rioters were present in footage taken inside the Capitol while police were struggling to evacuate lawmakers. The actual number of rioters is probably greater, since the footage analyzed by The Post did not capture everyone in the building.

After breaking in on the Senate side of the Capitol, rioters began moving from the ground floor up one level to the chamber itself. Vice President Pence, who had been presiding, was moved to a nearby office at 2:13 p.m. The mob passed by about one minute later.

On the other side of the building, the House briefly recessed and then resumed business in its chamber on the second floor, even as rioters stormed into Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s suite of offices, The Post found. “They’re pounding the doors trying to find her,” one Pelosi staffer said to another, a comment captured on an audio recording at 2:28 p.m.

At approximately 2:40 p.m., a group of lawmakers left the House floor via the Speaker’s Lobby,an adjacent corridor featuring portraits of past leaders of the House. The lawmakers came within sight of an angry mob. The two groups were separated by several police officers and a barricaded glass-paneled door that the rioters were attempting to smash.

“Break it down! Break it down!” rioters chanted, as lawmakers filed out.

Two minutes after the last of the lawmakers had left the corridor, Trump supporter Ashli Babbitt was shot dead by a Capitol Police officer as she began to climb through a broken section of the door.

[‘Trump said to do so’: Accounts of rioters who say the president spurred them to rush the Capitol could be pivotal testimony]

In the gallery overlooking the chamber, some lawmakers had yet to be evacuated when Babbitt was shot. “I heard the gunshot, a lot of screaming,” recalled Rep. Robin Kelly (D-Ill.), who was in the gallery.
By 2:53 p.m., 41 minutes after rioters entered the building through the smashed window, the last member of the last large group of House members to leave had been evacuated and was headed for a secure location.

Watch the video

Impeachment was essential, barring him from running for public office for the rest of his miserable life is indispensable, but -and I know this won't happen- the motherfucker deserves nothing less than being in a pound-me-in-the-ass jail.

Bonus: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's narration of the events. I absolutely love how she destroys Cruz, Hawley, and the chickenshits who resigned after things blew the fuck up.

Old 01.18.2021, 12:02 AM   #934
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
but -and I know this won't happen- the motherfucker deserves nothing less than being in a pound-me-in-the-ass jail.

you know, i detest the orange bastard, but i can't get behind (pun) the glorification of prison rape as a just punishment for everying.

i mean if we choose to institute rape as punishment then let's at least have the cojones of making it official and putting it in the books and declare that we as a society are ok with that.

i'll vote against rape and punishment and torture and lynchings and that sort of shit though.

when we vote against right wing bastards that's precisely the thing we're trying to abolish.
Old 01.18.2021, 12:11 AM   #935
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
you know, i detest the orange bastard, but i can't get behind (pun) the glorification of prison rape as a just punishment for anything.

i mean if we choose to institute rape as punishment then let's at least have the cojones of making it official and putting it in the books and declare that we as a society are ok with that.

i'll vote against rape and punishment and torture and lynchings and that sort of shit though.

when we vote against right wing bastards that's precisely the thing we're trying to abolish.

1.- It was just a reference to Office Space.

2.- I said that's what he deserves, not what should happen to him legally, or illegally for that matter. I think some people deserve to die (sue me), but I'm 100% against the death penalty.

Old 01.18.2021, 12:48 AM   #936
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I’m 100% against thinking it’s OK to get raped, in prison or otherwise. I do think there are a lot of people in the world who maybe deserve to get punched in the mouth really hard, especially when they open it too often without consequence.

I have wished horrible fates on people who deserve horrible fates, Make no mistake. However, as a society the idea of prison rape has been reduced to a punchline and that is tragic. We need to stop using that punchline. It’s real.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2021, 12:55 AM   #937
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
^^ thank you both for covering what I wanted to say, more eloquently than I could have said it.

Just because you're on the 'right' side of politics doesn't mean you're beyond reproach when you say shitty things like that.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2021, 01:18 AM   #938
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Yeeah don't get so righteous, though. After watching my father strangling my mother and bashing her head against our apartment's floor when I was thirteen I wished he was fucking raped. STILL THINK HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN, in fact, but the waste of oxygen is dead now, so...

Old 01.18.2021, 09:15 AM   #939
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

this sort of thing: https://www.hrw.org/reports/2001/prison/report4.html
which is precisely the environment that gives us more of the same shit. you can imagine what people do to their others when they come out of that.

i get also you want to "not lose" this one, but sometimes it's better to admit fuckup and let go than to insist.
Old 01.18.2021, 09:44 PM   #940
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
i get also you want to "not lose" this one, but sometimes it's better to admit fuckup and let go than to insist.

You're wrong there. I'm not insisting, because I think rape and the death penalty are completely unacceptable, period. What one wishes, on the other hand, are feelings best left for the couch (oversharing was a mistake from my part here) and I wouldn't advocate for them to remain or become normalized, let alone law.

If it makes anybody feel any better, I do apologize sincerely for quoting that specific segment of an otherwise hilarious movie. I mean, you have seen the scene with the printer, right...?

444546 47 48 >
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth