Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page UFO's in world history and the 21st century
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.17.2010, 12:54 PM   #101
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
seashells on mars - this is fucking compelling, someone please show me this is a prank because I don't see it!

http://xenotechresearch.com/SpSol913.htm

I hate to be a downer, but those "seashells" are obviously laying in a field of volcanic ejecta.

these are pourous igneous rocks that have been eroded into shapes that the eye finds familiar.

see also: Cydonia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

next?
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2010, 03:52 PM   #102
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by space
these are pourous igneous rocks that have been eroded into shapes that the eye finds familiar.
see also: Cydonia.

Cydonia I don't buy into because we're looking at pixels that each represent like 20 meters of distance.

those shell shapes sure are enigmatic
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2010, 04:05 PM   #103
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
those 20 meters were simply the best that viking could do! don't hate, yo'.

the point is, the mind likes to translate sensory data into familiar patterns.

it's a survival trait that helps you see the snake in yr path that looks too much like a branch to be obvious.
Old 06.17.2010, 04:07 PM   #104
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
how do we detect bearded clam?
Old 06.17.2010, 04:14 PM   #105
space
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
how do we detect bearded clam?

if you have to be told...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Man that's my kind of trannie

my bad...I think I see what yr getting at now.

hey hey its ok.
Old 06.17.2010, 04:44 PM   #106
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagedbird
Or collective fantasy?

If people believe that UFOs are some kind of extra terrestrial spacecraft traveling billions and billions of miles to visit earth, what a collective fantasy. It is physically impossible, and we are talking about extra terrestrial, not divine celestial, there is a world of difference. If people somehow believe that some natural, living beings could supercede the laws of physical reality they are naively mistaken..

if people believe they are secret aircraft of an unidentified (or secret) nature, human made, well that is not hard to believe at all. In fact, I very much agree with this stance and very much believe in many "ufo" sightings which are logically man-made aircraft which for whatever reason remain unidentified. I myself have seen SEVERAL of these kinds of lights in the sky which were clearly flying both to high and fast to be familiar kinds of aircraft.. do I think they are extra terrestrial? of course not.. do I think they were just satellites? no, thats just what they want you to think

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2010, 05:09 PM   #107
space
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
It is physically impossible

do you realize that the same was said of travelling to the moon, less than a century ago?

Code:
we have just folded space from Ix...
Code:
many machines on Ix. new machines.
Old 06.18.2010, 08:29 AM   #108
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I myself have seen SEVERAL of these kinds of lights in the sky which were clearly flying both to high and fast to be familiar kinds of aircraft..

were you missing time afterwards?

did you have strange markings behind your head or in your anus?

Do you hear odd clicking sounds when you speak on the phone?
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2010, 09:02 AM   #109
space
expwy. to yr skull

Los Angeles is on the flightpath toward Groom Lake. sonic booms over the city are an uncommon but not unheard of occurance.

I remember when stealth fighters used to crash in the Santa Ana mountains....those were always billed as UFO's too.

that said, I have an implant in my leg. it helps me phone home.
Old 06.18.2010, 09:05 AM   #110
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Growing up we had clicks on our phone, and if you were awake late (as I was reading) around 2:00 AM the phone would make an odd click/whrr sound, every night.

My parents were constantly harrassed by FBI for their involvement in socialts political groups.
no UFO's though
Old 06.19.2010, 08:06 PM   #111
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by space
do you realize that the same was said of travelling to the moon, less than a century ago?

Code:
we have just folded space from Ix...
Code:
many machines on Ix. new machines.

the difference between the moon and the nearest planetary systems is what makes it an impossibility. Even if extra terrestrials inhabited moons of the outer planets, we are talking about billions and billions of miles, and organic being can only travel so fast without dying. But I don't expect robots to understand this concept

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2010, 08:18 PM   #112
akprodr
the end of the ugly

akprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's asses
With our current understanding of physics, faster than light travel is impossible. Some of dem dere fancy smart people have said there may be ways to get around this speed limit--they have no idea what they might be
Old 06.19.2010, 08:41 PM   #113
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
I have a UFO kinda story.... I'm not blowing anything out of the water because it wasn't something tangible enough to change my life but is was real, fascinating and undeniable: seriously though.....

I was living on Guam (small island in Pacific). We just went through the worst typhoon ever documented there called Typhoon Paka. We were without power and water for almost a month. During that time I was staying in warehouse of the business my brother worked at. At night my brother and his co-workers were always hanging out outside barbecuing. This was often right after dusk, that they would all start focusing on the on the sky and stars which were ridiculously visible out there anyways, but even more-so now that lights were a minimal. They would always get loud and in a ruckus around that time with random claims popping up like "see that", "there, another one", "whooooaa" etc...

I was indoors always on the phone with my wife (then girlfriend) as the phone lines were the first to recover from the typhoon damage. I joined them one random night and joined in on what they were fascinated by. Here's how I can explain it.

The sky was full of stars, you know when they're so apparent you can see the depth of them. There was very prominent, bizarre star-like lights. The best way to explain them is, they were as bright as some of the brightest stars in the sky but nothing more. They appeared as typical stars and from my view, I couldn't imagine them as anything else, however, here's the twist: They're always first spotted because they are moving, gliding along through space in very defined, straight movements. They would suddenly zip around in perfectly straight lines making zig-zags, but again, very geometrically straight movements. They would be gliding so slow and graceful and them zip around at such supernatural speeds, it's like they were leaving tracers. They would often zip around, then disappear. You could sometimes see them reappear as if they stayed on track. Sometimes not at all.

Where it got really fascinating is when you would be following some of the lights, they would suddenly split into two perfectly identical lights, and then sometimes even three lights... and continue to zip around until they disappear.

Bare in mind, we were all sober, all seeing the same thing and it could be seen almost like clockwork night after night. This was very surreal, but it didn't feel freaky or threatening. It did have me laying awake in bed for a while at the time though.

It gave me lots of impressions and I would consider most. I've heard similar stories from other people all around the world explaining these same supernatural lights.... so don't find it a particularly bizarre event in relations to others experiences. At first, I was thinking that is was extraterrestrial because the way they moved was so very non human. Later I went through phases of thinking it was possibly military related, like advanced satellites or something, but they were definitely out of our ozone and covering so much space so fast, I just can't imagine. Overall, it just feels like a yet to be explained characteristic of our solar system and our existence. It just gives me the impression that space is that much more alive in the way that our planet is.

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2010, 08:17 PM   #114
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

fucking cool.
My brother and mom were followed by a bright light out in East Texas . It made no noise and stayed about 100-200 feet up in the air. scared the shit out of my bro
Old 06.20.2010, 08:47 PM   #115
space
expwy. to yr skull

next time, we hope to meet you instead, mr. instigator.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth