Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page xavier renegade angel
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.18.2009, 04:21 AM   #1
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
i just watched this on atsonicpark's recommendation (it's the guy in his profile pic) and its fucking amazing.

everyone go download the torrent now.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2009, 04:28 AM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, it's the best show in the history of television -- there is no doubt in my mind I will never, EVER see a better show! Glad you checked it out n'ik. That was the best thing about my ex-girlfriend, she'd watch every episode 5 or 6 times with me just to completely wrap our heads around them (or at least, try to). Still, there's something new to see each time.

Episode 9. EPISODE FUCKING 9.

It's the only show I've actually turned my television set on for. I showed it to my friend Joe and he told me it was the only television show he's been able to actually watch from beginning to end without getting bored since Ren and Stimpy.

It's by far the best thing Adult Swim has ever aired (12 Oz Mouse comes close, and the Mighty Boosh rules but they edit out the episodes on there.. what's the point?!).

Also check out DELOCATED, a PFFR live-action comedy that's sorta like The Office (you know, the "fake reality show" thing) but it's actually way funnier, maybe the funniest show I've ever seen. PFFR are geniuses.

For people who haven't seen this show, you won't like it if you're not enlightened.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2009, 04:31 AM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

You can get this off of amazon for like $12 already. It's like 4 hours long. Here is a link: http://www.amazon.com/Xavier-Renegad...8536633&sr=8-1

My review is the top one, which 30 of 34 people have fun helpful.

If not, the torrents are:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3995012/Xavier__Renegade_Angel_(Season_1)
(for some reason season 2 is missing!?)

Just seriously the funniest, most absurd, most insane, most ridiculous, most awesome show to ever air on American television. It will probably open up your fourth, fifth, and sixth eyes. Fuck the third eye.

Some great lines:
"I've flipped more lids than a monkey in a soup kitchen of the mind"

"I'm a survivor. We're a dying breed."

"I am a conundrummer in a band called 'LIFE' puzzler!!"

"There's more to life than... life!"

"My mothers nickname? Truckers, delivery guys, men coming in and out of the house all day, called her the Grand Canyon... but I never knew why, it's just a great wide gash, spread open for the enjoyment of all to come inside as he pleases and pleasures. Often there's a donkey in there.... HEE HAW?!?!?!?!? "

"This creature's been beachured! Stand back, I speak dying dolphin."

"I must have wolfed a mind burrito, 'cus I just had a massive brain fart."

"I created something, called a thurrito, its a burrito, within a burrito, with the heart of that same burrito. Its a total mind-blinder, but you don't see me bragging about it all over your face."

"Please, walk away, I can't be responsible for what I'll do if you beat me to death."

Old 11.18.2009, 04:41 AM   #4
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Here's a great thread on noisefanatics where we talk about this show:
http://chondriticsound.com/forum/vie...0&hilit=xavier

I emailed the creators and told them I really appreciate them making such a great show and they emailed me back with..

"It's nice to hear that Xavier has put his mouth unto your heart and messages were received. The experiment is an sucksess. Stay clean,

PFFR"

Sorry I'm fanboying out, I just love this show so much!

Old 11.18.2009, 04:47 AM   #5
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
"fire is a tactical majestical force, a swirling shimmering succulent dance in that luminous nether-mension betwixt light and heat. fire is freedom. personified."

"No! Fire should be shot in the back of the head for killing my parents!"

"I'm too unique too pay rent!"

"if i need any cash i just sell my seed brah, if i'm really desperate i scrape the seed off the couches and sell it"

"hey, meet a dude brah of mine, this is tude."
"dude - brah."
"sup brohan."

"thanks for coming man, you gotta get me outta here. i'm going stir crazy with all this freedom. i'm smotherin' man. i'm sick of living off my seed, i wanna work with my hands, i gotta shake these shackles of anarchy."
"why don't you just leave?"
"if i leave that's a choice man, i can't stand anymore choices. you gotta break me out man, sneak me into a prison.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2009, 04:49 AM   #6
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

My favorite episode (aside from episode 9 from both seasons) is the one where he convinces the gang to paint over their grafitti, and to flush their drugs down the toilet now so the cops won't get them later. Brilliant on so many levels.

Everyone I've shown this show to has been completely mind blinded.

I really think the DVD set is the best thing I've ever bought. I already had burnt copies of it, too. I just had to have the real thing. Never felt like that before. But this show.. fuck! Lifechanging and shit.

Old 11.18.2009, 04:52 AM   #7
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Old 11.18.2009, 04:54 AM   #8
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Since the set is so cheap, I'm thinking of buying the DVD set for all friends and family.

Old 11.18.2009, 05:08 AM   #9
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
we're friends, right?
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2009, 05:28 AM   #10
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Haha.

Like, I seriously want to put this set as stocking stuffers for everyone. Have a merry X[avier]-mas

Old 11.18.2009, 10:08 AM   #11
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Saw an episode over the weekend while on low dosed acid. It grew on me.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2009, 10:56 AM   #12
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Xavier is my middle name
Old 11.18.2009, 04:03 PM   #13
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Yeah, it's the best show in the history of television -- there is no doubt in my mind I will never, EVER see a better show! Glad you checked it out n'ik. That was the best thing about my ex-girlfriend, she'd watch every episode 5 or 6 times with me just to completely wrap our heads around them (or at least, try to). Still, there's something new to see each time.

Episode 9. EPISODE FUCKING 9.

It's the only show I've actually turned my television set on for. I showed it to my friend Joe and he told me it was the only television show he's been able to actually watch from beginning to end without getting bored since Ren and Stimpy.

It's by far the best thing Adult Swim has ever aired (12 Oz Mouse comes close, and the Mighty Boosh rules but they edit out the episodes on there.. what's the point?!).

Also check out DELOCATED, a PFFR live-action comedy that's sorta like The Office (you know, the "fake reality show" thing) but it's actually way funnier, maybe the funniest show I've ever seen. PFFR are geniuses.

For people who haven't seen this show, you won't like it if you're not enlightened.

I love Xavier. Essentially, you just said everything I was going to say as usual. I also think Perfect Hair Forever, Sealab, and Squidbillies are fucking fantastic television shows.

Adam, I made all my friends watch Season One Episode Nine. Fucking beautiful.
Old 11.18.2009, 05:39 PM   #14
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Love you Hayden. Let's get fucked up and watch!

Old 11.18.2009, 05:58 PM   #15
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Certainly, man. Xavier is the fucking best shit to watch after you consume some illicit substances. Anything with any empathogenic or psychedelic value makes some of the material that, while hilarious, has a lot of truth on some deep inner emotional way. The first time I saw it, a good buddy of mine from treatment invited me over to his house for some 2C-B and soul-searching. The conversations inspired by the whole idea of Popo the Ape and the whole reality/tangibility of something that ridiculous happening in our culture filled with drones wandering aimlessly.

Fucking yes, man. Yes.
Old 11.18.2009, 06:07 PM   #16
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
I will download this shit when I get an internal harddrive installed next week. Looking forward to it.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2009, 06:20 PM   #17
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
i also watched this show based on atsonicpark's avatar. i went out and bought the dvd and it's seriously one of my all time favorite shows
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2009, 06:41 PM   #18
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Certainly, man. Xavier is the fucking best shit to watch after you consume some illicit substances. Anything with any empathogenic or psychedelic value makes some of the material that, while hilarious, has a lot of truth on some deep inner emotional way. The first time I saw it, a good buddy of mine from treatment invited me over to his house for some 2C-B and soul-searching. The conversations inspired by the whole idea of Popo the Ape and the whole reality/tangibility of something that ridiculous happening in our culture filled with drones wandering aimlessly.

Fucking yes, man. Yes.

See, I think my brain is fixed like a permanent acid trip or something, haha. Because I definitely get lots of truths more than laughs anyway, haha.. the show is very philisophical and deep. Enlightenment!

I remember the first time I saw this show, I just kept saying, "What IS this show?!" I was confused and astounded and amazed but I didn't know if I liked it, it actually scared me!

But by the next viewing, I was hooked. I think what's interesting about the show is how there are no dead spaces. None. Never. The dialogue is edited to give the illusion that there are never any breaths taken usually, the whole thing is edited more ridiculously than a Michael Bay film, just a constant onslaught of insanity.

Old 11.18.2009, 06:56 PM   #19
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
the animation turns me off. dude's got sockarms.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2009, 07:00 PM   #20
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

The animation turns you off? What Adult Swim show aside from Superjail and the anime they used to show has good animation?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth