Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is this the last time SOnic Youth will tour?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.12.2006, 08:07 PM   #1
teavine
empty page

teavine has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I will be in another country when they perform here in California. Do you think it would be worth flying to NY to see them considering this might be their last big album?
teavine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2006, 08:13 PM   #2
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
go see them now if you can. i hope they won't stop in the future. the new album is KILLER dude, just get it!
Old 06.12.2006, 08:22 PM   #3
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
There is a possibilty. Maybe no more big tours... Just small shows... Who knows?
Old 06.12.2006, 09:32 PM   #4
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Flying to New York to see a band sounds a little drastic to me.

I was going to go to New York instead of Cuyahoga for Lollapalooza because the Pixies were not playing the Cuyahoga one. But then it got canceled, and I ended up seeing SY and Modest Mouse that summer instead of seeing SY, Pixies, PJ Harvey, and a shitload of other bands.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2006, 11:05 PM   #5
Daycare Nation
expwy. to yr skull

Daycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's assesDaycare Nation kicks all y'all's asses
I flew from Texas to Rhode Island for the sole purpose of seeing Sonic Youth with Stereolab in 2000.

I don't think they will stop touring...in 1998 Thurston said they called their album "1000 Leaves" because they didn't plan on stopping until they made 1000 records.

That dragon ain't the love sweet love.
Daycare Nation is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 12:03 AM   #6
Amaranth
bad moon rising

Amaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud ofAmaranth has much to be proud of
I can't imagine them to stop touring soon~
Amaranth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 12:29 AM   #7
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
i've thought about it.. i know this is their last record on the geffen deal. so, who knows
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 12:49 AM   #8
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
If they decided this was thier last album as SY don't you think they would have announced it? They don't need Geffen records. They can put those records out on thier own. SY always seemed like a self-fuctioning band anyways. Using major label money probobly allowed them time to make the record they wanted, and exposure they wouldn't have gotten otherwise. They don't NEED a major label behind them anymore to achieve those goals, maybe they figure its time to be SY fully on thier own terms.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 01:35 AM   #9
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
They haven't really given any indication that they would stop after this, and they haven't shown any signs of slowing down or doing fewer shows, so I would have to say that this will not be their last tour.

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 01:35 AM   #10
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
I was so happy when I heard they were actually coming to Milwaukee. They'll be my first concert asdgfsfoidsasf~

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 02:24 AM   #11
themawt71
the destroyed room

themawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's asses
on the vinyl it says goodbye sonic i think. i could see it happening or not
themawt71 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 03:30 AM   #12
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by themawt71
on the vinyl it says goodbye sonic i think. i could see it happening or not

surely that could be geffens message to em????????????????

why has this topic been brought up???
if they did stop touring, who would blame em, hittin 50, working 365 days a year for the last 25 years and never cried off sick or never had any no shows due to fatigue, so if they did stop touring, id say fair play to em, they all have families to consider as well....
Old 06.13.2006, 03:42 AM   #13
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
donīt think that they will stop

Thurston once said that he/they will be doing music for the rest of his/their life
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 05:48 AM   #14
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
everytime they tour people think that this will be the last one. i doubt it though, they just love all the free booze and drugs they get backstage. plus the free plane ticket.
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 06:03 AM   #15
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
From a secret press release:

The members of the influential rock band "Sonic Youth" have announced that they will retire from the live arena with effect from the end of 2006, as they are finding the extensive travelling to be more and more tiring on their ageing bones. Drummer Steve Shelley is said to be distraught at the decision, as he says that there is no way that his bones could be considered ageing, but bassist Kim Gordon has said that her and her husband Thurston Moore's decision is final.

Lee Ranaldo has said that he sympathises with Shelley's distress, but that he too is tired of touring and is looking forward to spending more time with his cats and tending his garden.

Shelley is rumoured to be planning to recruit new musicians who will wear masks to make them resemble Gordon, Moore and Ranaldo, and an associate of the band says that he is in talks with members of Britney Spears' backing band with an aim to continuing the Sonic Youth live legacy.

Thurston Moore is said to be "apopleptic" at this idea and says that he will sue if Shelley attempts to cash in on the Sonic Youth brand by touring a band that contains none of the band's founder members. As a result of the falling out between the members, Shelley will be replaced by a cyborg on the band's forthcoming live dates.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 06:05 AM   #16
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i would watch that.
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 06:11 AM   #17
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
goodbye sonic is intriguing...
and the vinyl isn't pressed by geffen so it wouldn't be a message from them...hmmm
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 06:11 AM   #18
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
that's like the time after atp in 2004 when some of the people who went started a rumour that SY had announced on stage that it was their last ever live show, the whole message board started freaking out and someone emailed steve shelley to see if it was really true.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2006, 06:13 AM   #19
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl

The members of the influential rock band "Sonic Youth" have announced that they will retire from the live arena with effect from the end of 2006, as they are finding the extensive travelling to be more and more tiring on their ageing bones. Drummer Steve Shelley is said to be distraught at the decision, as he says that there is no way that his bones could be considered ageing, but bassist Kim Gordon has said that her and her husband Thurston Moore's decision is final.

Lee Ranaldo has said that he sympathises with Shelley's distress, but that he too is tired of touring and is looking forward to spending more time with his cats and tending his garden.

Shelley is rumoured to be planning to recruit new musicians who will wear masks to make them resemble Gordon, Moore and Ranaldo, and an associate of the band says that he is in talks with members of Britney Spears' backing band with an aim to continuing the Sonic Youth live legacy.

Thurston Moore is said to be "apopleptic" at this idea and says that he will sue if Shelley attempts to cash in on the Sonic Youth brand by touring a band that contains none of the band's founder members. As a result of the falling out between the members, Shelley will be replaced by a cyborg on the band's forthcoming live dates.

Jaysus, that kinda freaked me out for a minute, till i got to the Britney Spears part.
Old 06.13.2006, 07:47 AM   #20
FruitLoop
children of satan

FruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard sucka
^^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl

That should have been a giveaway!
FruitLoop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth