Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.04.2010, 01:42 PM   #11701
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Owen Wilson rules in Minus Man. Can't take that away from him.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 01:50 PM   #11702
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses

OH, MY BUDDHA

8/10

Just another random Japanese movie I stumbled upon. Loved it.
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 04:12 PM   #11703
TheFoxBen
expwy. to yr skull

TheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's asses

8/10. Not only one of the best Batman movies I've seen but also one of the funniest movies I've ever seen ! The plot is so ridiculous it's actually awesome... I laughed my ass off during some scenes (such as the famous bomb scene... And the fight on the boat !) God dammit, what a great movie.
TheFoxBen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 04:14 PM   #11704
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I love when they rehydrate the United Nations delegates and teyr are all mixed up in languages and Batman and Robin figuire "fuck it, maybe this is for the best" and sneak out the window!!!! ha ha!
Old 08.04.2010, 04:26 PM   #11705
TheFoxBen
expwy. to yr skull

TheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I love when they rehydrate the United Nations delegates and teyr are all mixed up in languages and Batman and Robin figuire "fuck it, maybe this is for the best" and sneak out the window!!!! ha ha!

Yes dude !!! This movie is just full of classic moments... That United Nations thing was just brilliant...
Old 08.04.2010, 04:33 PM   #11706
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the bomb scene is truly inspired lunacy
Old 08.04.2010, 04:44 PM   #11707
TheFoxBen
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
the bomb scene is truly inspired lunacy

Actually one of the best scenes EVER MADE. I mean it.
Old 08.04.2010, 06:05 PM   #11708
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, the Batman movie rules. I have the entire Batman 1966 show on like 15 dvd's..

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 07:31 PM   #11709
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses

Piece of crap! - 3,5/10

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 09:41 PM   #11710
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I loved this film, but then again it was based entirely on the concept we psychedelics are deeply familiar with, "the Fear" and I was hooked. It took me three weeks to go to the theater, but thats because I have been to the theaters all of three times in the past 8 years, and this was well worth the trip. It will go down as one of my all-time favs once I get the DVD..

You are ridiculously correct on the writing! Its like the first two Terminator series, everything is looped together at crazy pieces and the films resonates on a million levels..

I especially enjoyed the fact that in the end it was a psychedelic story about a dude on the rebound, clinging to a lost past, and threading that idea into a serious mind fuck about the reality of reality. I love it!

I could see all the Dark City influences Nolan mentioned, and I really liked that it was not drenched with way-to-obvious computer graphics.. it struck me in the vein of late-80s to early-90s sci-fi, much more subtle than overwhelming and relying on the psychology as much or more so than the visual imagery! pure brilliance!

I think it left the psychedelic mind fuck ending open, as I always thought from the beginning, that the entire FILM was a hallucination/vision quest, and that NONE of it was real, and the ending was just a continuation of the beginning, a free-associative loop into infinity, the cruelty of what some of us have experienced, "the Fear"

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 10:21 PM   #11711
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Glad you liked, my ex-girlfriend and her fat loser boyfriend both decided it was "kinda lame" since they're both extremely simple stupid people who dress up like anime characters and think Family Guy is mindblowingly hilarious so we got into a hilarious mini-argument about Inception's merits on facebook.

Inception rules.

Old 08.04.2010, 10:30 PM   #11712
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Glad you liked, my ex-girlfriend and her fat loser boyfriend both decided it was "kinda lame" since they're both extremely simple stupid people who dress up like anime characters and think Family Guy is mindblowingly hilarious so we got into a hilarious mini-argument about Inception's merits on facebook.

Inception rules.

honestly I was wondering to myself, what do straight people think when they watch this? I mean, do people who have never taken mushrooms or acid or both ever question the very reality of reality? Do they get that aspect of the film? Are they intuitively aware of the fear?

Old 08.05.2010, 12:33 AM   #11713
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
honestly I was wondering to myself, what do straight people think when they watch this? I mean, do people who have never taken mushrooms or acid or both ever question the very reality of reality? Do they get that aspect of the film? Are they intuitively aware of the fear?

Plenty of those college philosophy classes tackle that kind of topic. I consider myself a fairly straight person (never done any kind of drug ever, never even smoked a cigarette and only drank once) but I like to think I'm fairly expansive. That very issue about the physicality of reality and the nature of the possible parameters or definitions is one of the things I enjoyed most about the movie. I can't imagine alot of more straight minded people thought as deeply about it as the movie explored, but I'm sure some did.

Recently watched:

Certainly very fun, and it can't be faulted in the slightest for the straight out mindless ridiculousness that the movie is full of. A quality zombie movie that is written and catered to the comic-con/xbox generation that at least shows that the zombie genre is still capable of being interesting. So as a zombie movie, it was very fun and enjoyable, as a movie movie though while still being good, it certainly had a hollow feeling. Out of the roughly four characters that inhabit the movie, two of them (both girls) were severely one dimensional. Easily Woody Harrelson is the life of the movie. He's the only thing that makes it truly enjoyable. Fun stuff.

I don't even know what to say about this one really. I would've loved to have read some of Simon's poem to see what drove people to chaos or suicide and see why it was so equally hated and loved. Loved it when he vomited on that girls ass. Lots of weird moments, not many sweet ones. A strange exploration into what it means to be a writer and what quality actually is. Parker Posey is amazing. Fantastic movie.

Old 08.05.2010, 07:47 AM   #11714
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Mecha

yeah but Emma Stone is awesome.
Old 08.05.2010, 11:49 AM   #11715
viewtiful alan redux
the destroyed room

viewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's asses

9/10
Old 08.05.2010, 12:11 PM   #11716
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Fargo is one of my favorite movies ever.. masterpiece.

Zombieland was actually kinda good.

Old 08.05.2010, 12:40 PM   #11717
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I liked it waaay more than I expected. Jess Eisenberg fit the role well. Emma Stone rules. And Bill Murry is mf'ing BILL MURRAY!
Old 08.05.2010, 12:46 PM   #11718
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Mecha
Plenty of those college philosophy classes tackle that kind of topic. I consider myself a fairly straight person (never done any kind of drug ever, never even smoked a cigarette and only drank once) but I like to think I'm fairly expansive. That very issue about the physicality of reality and the nature of the possible parameters or definitions is one of the things I enjoyed most about the movie. I can't imagine alot of more straight minded people thought as deeply about it as the movie explored, but I'm sure some did.

Yes existentialism goes into the subject to some depth BUT, can a person who has never actually and directly experience the fear truly empathize with it beyond an intellectual curiosity?

Old 08.05.2010, 01:57 PM   #11719
Count Mecha
100%

Quote:
Yes existentialism goes into the subject to some depth BUT, can a person who has never actually and directly experience the fear truly empathize with it beyond an intellectual curiosity?

Probably not. Admittedly it's a stab of ignorance on my part. While I understand the issue and at maybe brief random moments in the dead of a lonely night or in a deep existential conversation, I'll consider it more deeply. But I'll probably never truly appreciate the nature of the question and what it means.

Either way:

Old 08.05.2010, 02:04 PM   #11720
viewtiful alan redux
the destroyed room

viewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful alan redux kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Fargo is one of my favorite movies ever.. masterpiece.

Yeah, it was excellent. I was kind of doing some stuff for my school next year while watching so I wasn't fully attentive. I intend to watch it again soon.
486536576583584585 586 5875885895966366861086 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth