Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page For those of you that give a fuck
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.07.2014, 11:12 AM   #81
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
i read that as 'good brothers' first, then had to look up 'god botherers' just to find out it actually means 'good brothers' (in a way).
conun-drum-solo
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2014, 11:49 AM   #82
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
"god-botherer"

hahaha.. I ain't never bothered nobody about it, just share who I am, funny y'all are always free to share who y'all are, but if I share who I am I get attacked.

as to my comments about marraige, they're not influenced by my religion at all, in fact, my religion has very specific views internally on religion exclusively for Orthodox Christians which aren't expected of anyone else, so why would I even bother pushing those views on y'all?

Further, sonicgail is MY FRIEND, and the comments I posted were very specific. Y'all are throwing around congratulatory high-fives and Oprah "you go girls" without also really being her friend and supporting the reality that divorce isn't magic. its not suddenly going to make everything better, or easier, and its not going to make the work of raising children go away, it just changes the equation. the math is still there. the work is still there.

I'm not going to drag out her private business all across the forum, just explaining myself since I seem to have been competely misunderstood, as always. I ain't got beef with sonicgail, I ain't hating on her, I ain't even suggesting she should have stayed in that relationship, after all, she proved my point more than anything in trying her best for 17 years. More than most people...

Its the TRYING part I'm concerned with. Raising a family takes effort, it takes TRYING your best, even when things fail. My comments then are not to discourage her, but rather to be REALISTIC, there is still A LOT of work for her to do, and I hope and pray that this "breath of fresh air" reinvigorates her energy to step up and continue to be the heroic mom she already is. ALL moms are heroic, especially those who are trying their best.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2014, 12:24 PM   #83
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
!!! - Pardon my Freedom
http://youtu.be/rrajuEyRLxs
Old 03.07.2014, 12:26 PM   #84
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
The Church of the Almighty Mario preaches that everyone should just fucking CHILL OUT.

Old 03.07.2014, 08:23 PM   #85
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Its the TRYING part I'm concerned with. Raising a family takes effort, it takes TRYING your best, even when things fail.

I'm going to choose to ignore the inherent sexism in your "you go girl" remark, but HOW DARE YOU.

trying? HOW DARE YOU.

this may be the biggest bunch of horseshit I've ever seen you type. man, and have I seen some horseshit.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.07.2014, 08:29 PM   #86
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
fucking jesus, I have a headache.
Old 03.07.2014, 10:50 PM   #87
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

and just to be perfectly clear, it's not that your statement itself contains fallacies, it's the pedestal that you've placed yourself upon in determining how another person has or has not "tried" in their attempts at a relationship with another. I'm quite sure that the blible has a thing or two to say on this matter....girlfriend.
Old 03.07.2014, 11:00 PM   #88
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I ain't even suggesting she should have stayed in that relationship, after all, she proved my point more than anything in trying her best for 17 years. More than most people...

Its the TRYING part I'm concerned with.

Put that back into its proper context you so cleverly avoided in your tirade. She tried her best, and now that she has moved on she has to continue trying her best this time in a different way, on her own. That is not easy, and like I said, divorce isn't magic, and no, the Bible has nothing to do with any of it.

Old 03.07.2014, 11:21 PM   #89
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

and I hope and pray that this "breath of fresh air" reinvigorates her energy to step up and continue to be the heroic mom she already is. ALL moms are heroic, especially those who are trying their best.

Right, you forgot this part too

Old 03.08.2014, 12:00 AM   #90
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Code:
<--y<--o<--u<--a<--r<--e<--b<--a<--c<--k<--p<--e<--d<--a<--l<--i<--n<--g<---

as long as YOU say so...I'm sure it's ok.
Old 03.08.2014, 12:40 AM   #91
ink.
the end of the ugly

ink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's asses
Congrats on a new life start Gail. An unhappy relationship of any kind is never a beneficial choice to your emotional self, or to any kids surrounding its toxic runoff. Good luck on your new path and staying clean and everything wonderful after that.
ink. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.08.2014, 12:49 AM   #92
ink.
the end of the ugly

ink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's asses
I think the most bothersome part of what you've said such friends, is the implication that a victim of emotional abuse(which is what it sounds like Gail has been going through) has the entire burden of sustaining a marriage, and if they don't just stay they aren't trying hard enough? There is a lot to be said for realizing your limits on a psychological level, and that at some point walking away is less damaging and more courageous for everyone involved, than staying to face a wall of arrows evermore... Simply because you're "married". A promise is a beautiful thing, but the fear of breaking the sanctity of marriage because of pride, a higher power, or an embodiment of and display of strength, is still, a fear. Why plough on for years to prove a point that you can, when life's pleasures, relationships, and loves are about so much more. You may weather the longest storm but at what cost?
ink. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.08.2014, 04:35 AM   #93
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
what the fuck is going on here. all the people i have on ignore are posting a bunch of posts. should i read them?

NAH!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.08.2014, 04:40 AM   #94
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
what the fuck is going on here. all the people i have on ignore are posting a bunch of posts. should i read them?

NAH!
Yeah, well, I've got YOU on ignore too...

Oh hang on a minute...
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.08.2014, 04:45 AM   #95
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
Yeah, well, I've got YOU on ignore too...

Oh hang on a minute...

hello spookie.

are you making pancakes for your kids?

PANCAKES, MAN.
Old 03.08.2014, 04:48 AM   #96
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

PS- i can share you the whole extinct google knol if it doesn't connect.

pps- in spite of writing about "american pancakes," scott jenson is a british software injuneer. who apparently moved to silicon valley at some point.
Old 03.08.2014, 04:50 AM   #97
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Not today, I'm out of eggs.

But I made them for Pancake Day.
Old 03.08.2014, 04:53 AM   #98
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

those are more like crepes. the 'merican pancake is literally lofty.

they are also quicker than your flatbread. which is a great fucking flatbread. but anyway.

i forget what i was going to say. it's the gin.
Old 03.08.2014, 04:56 AM   #99
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ps. this is saint scott jenson on the subject:

Quote:
No Egg: Not great, but you can survive without it, it won't be as lofty and the pancakes will taste a bit 'flat' and the texture of the final pancake will be stiff. Add a teaspoon of wheat gluten (if you have it) to add more protein and a bit more buttermilk to make up for the lost liquids and think about adding fruit or spices to the batter to liven the flavor up.
Old 03.08.2014, 04:57 AM   #100
Pookie
invito al cielo

I do make American pancakes if I'm doing them for breakfast but I haven't made them for a while. I might make some tomorrow.

But today it's tea and toast.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth