Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I probably shouldn't post family info on a forum, but...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.02.2009, 03:00 AM   #1
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
My sister was on the swings tonight from 8 PM until almost 2 AM.

She's been diagnosed with ADHD at a young age.
She just began cutting herself (really severely, according to my mom)
She's depressed and has transferred schools and is now going to be homeschooled because she didn't like the second school.

All of these things I "get".. except that she's always on the fucking swings. I don't get it. It is literally any time she is home and awake. Has anyone heard of/been through anything like this before?

She's already seeing a shrink and things are being dealt with.. I was just really curious/baffled about this particular behavior.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2009, 09:17 AM   #2
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
That's pretty weird behaviour.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2009, 09:36 AM   #3
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
There's a children's play area in the town's park, and if someone spent a solid six hours on the swings, it would freak everyone out, and the police might be called.
Old 12.02.2009, 09:53 AM   #4
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
There's a children's play area in the town's park, and if someone spent a solid six hours on the swings, it would freak everyone out, and the police might be called.

but playing guitarhero for 6 hours would not be questioned, as if that is 'normal' or 'natural'.

Sounds like it relieves anxiety for the poor girl. Get her off the flouride.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2009, 10:13 AM   #5
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
anngela, if it is a chemical imbalance in her brain all the home schooling in the world will not help. Hope it gets better.

her age if I may ask? no need to be specific, just a range.
Old 12.02.2009, 11:04 AM   #6
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
We all get comfort from different things, I don't think it's too weird for someone to want to swing, that's what they were made for afterall. I like to drive with the windows down even when it's cold out and listen to electronic music full blast while smoking cigarettes. That might be weird to some people, but it's sexy to me.

Seriously though, maybe just ask her, gently. "Sissy, why do you like swinging so much?" I don't have any brothers or sisters though, so I dunno..

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2009, 11:28 AM   #7
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
fuck the swinnging/
it could be anything, the issue being the obsessive nature of it. add the fact that she is cutting, which is almost always a sign not of self loathing or suicidal thoughts, but of a feeling of complete lack of control over one's life. the cutting gives a sense of power over the self.
the self-inflicted pain is controllable, while the pain the world heaps upon a person is random and incontrollable.

Do what you can to help her anngela. You know better than us the details of everytthing.
Old 12.02.2009, 11:45 AM   #8
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
am i correct to assume you don't live them?(i am assuming that because you heard about the cutting from yr mom and you would have noticed it if you were around)

maybe if you paid her a visit to spend some time with her it would make her feel better
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2009, 12:32 PM   #9
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i worked with kids who have adhd and its basically a support thing, there are drugs but these are for extreme cases where the kid knows no boundaries about anything and will run into the road or do and say things that seem bizare for no reason. it sounds like someone should be/monitoring her at all times. there are support groups out there as its not always possible for a family member to do that and you can ask the school about this too. these kind of things can occur in adolescence and become easier to deal with as the person gets older. chin up.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2009, 01:30 PM   #10
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Tell your mom it is her fault (because it probably is).
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2009, 03:16 PM   #11
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
but playing guitarhero for 6 hours would not be questioned, as if that is 'normal' or 'natural'.

Sounds like it relieves anxiety for the poor girl. Get her off the flouride.

You'll be playing Guitar Hero in the comfort of your own home, not outside for all to clearly see you have a screw loose.
Old 12.02.2009, 03:35 PM   #12
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Sounds like bipolar.

My little brother is bipolar and it drives my family insane. He's on lithium, which he's now forced to take (because he lied about taking it) and it's still really fucking hard.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2009, 04:34 PM   #13
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
Tell your mom it is her fault (because it probably is).

That's harsh. Twit.

Much strength Anngella.
Hope that something can be done about your sister's troubling behaviour.
Old 12.02.2009, 11:11 PM   #14
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
We all get comfort from different things, I don't think it's too weird for someone to want to swing, that's what they were made for afterall. I like to drive with the windows down even when it's cold out and listen to electronic music full blast while smoking cigarettes. That might be weird to some people, but it's sexy to me.

Seriously though, maybe just ask her, gently. "Sissy, why do you like swinging so much?" I don't have any brothers or sisters though, so I dunno..

as another fucked up only child, I have to say this approach makes sense to me too. maybe talk to her about what it is she's into and maybe share it with her a bit, and encourage her to try some other (related) things.

does she look up to you?
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2009, 11:24 PM   #15
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=Shaka Moloch][quote=Tokolosh]
Much strength Anngella.
Quote:

May I share something that has brought me a decent amount of reassurance? A funny, successful buddy of mine once noted, "Aw, I think everybody has a case of Asperger's in one way or another."

you're friend's with david byrne?
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.03.2009, 12:42 AM   #16
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anngella
My sister was on the swings tonight from 8 PM until almost 2 AM.

She's been diagnosed with ADHD at a young age.
She just began cutting herself (really severely, according to my mom)
She's depressed and has transferred schools and is now going to be homeschooled because she didn't like the second school.

All of these things I "get".. except that she's always on the fucking swings. I don't get it. It is literally any time she is home and awake. Has anyone heard of/been through anything like this before?

She's already seeing a shrink and things are being dealt with.. I was just really curious/baffled about this particular behavior.

never dealt with it sorry. my only assumption is that the swings could be calming-- something to focus on. or maybe it's the only restless behavior she's "allowed".

my nephew has adhd and he kicks ass at sports.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth