Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page top 30 records of 08 at this point...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.05.2008, 05:52 PM   #261
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Batreleaser's Official List of Full Length Albums that Rocked his World in the Tumultuous Year That was 2008:

Note; Subject to Change (Often, especially with upcoming records from to live and shave in la/kevin drumm, gang wizard, los llamarada, etc.. and still have yet to hear the latest bark haze record, polysics, zazen boys, etc..)

1. The Hospitals-Hairdryer Peace
2. Eat Skull-Sick to Death
3. Pumice-Quo
4. Ocrillim-Annwn
5. Moss-Sub Templum
6. Sexy Prison-Filth Flarn Filth
7. Kylie Minoise Fucking Loves/Hates You
8. The Bug-London Zoo
9. Shishou no Fune-Prayer for Chibi
10. Kevin Drumm-Imperial Distortion
11. Shit and Shine-Kuss Mich Meine Leibe
12. Krallice-S/T
13. Dead Western-Soften Yours Screams into Sings
14. Weasel Walter-Opulence (and pretty much all the free jazz stuff hes released this year)
15. Naked on the Vague-The Blood Pressure Sessions
16. Graveyards-Grey
17. LSD March-Nikutai no Tubomi
18. Two Dead Sluts: One Good Fuck-S/T
19. Earth-The Bees Made Honey...
20. Black Pus 5
21. Billy Bao-The Dialectics of Shit
22. Blue Sabbath Black Cheer-For the Sickly Weaklings
23. Agent Side Grinder-S/T
24. Cheveu-S/T
25. Thee Oh Sees-The Master's Bedroom is Worth Spending a Night In
26. Warmer Milks-In this Room/Lonesome Drifter Casettes (I know I said only full lengths, but I will make this an exception because these two casettes equal one beautiful record, possibly the best thing milks have ever done)
27. Black Mayonnaise-Unseen Collaborator
28. Blood Stereo-Magnetic Headache
29. Sissy Spacek-Califronia Ax
30. Boris-Smile
31. Nothing People-Anonymous
32. Abe Vigoda-Skeleton
33. The Fall-Imperial Wax Solvent/The Residents-Bunny Boy (they get grouped together because theyre the avant elderly folk still kicking out records better than kids more than half thier age)
34. Mark Steward-Edit
35. Autechre-Quarstice
35. New Humans-AKA Vito Acocini (W/ C Spencer Yeh, pretty epic)
36. Scissor Shock-Synonym for the Word Decay
37. Silentist-S/T
38. Religious Knives-The Door (religious knives moved way up on the list with the new lp on ecstatic peace which blows "resin" the fuck away, they keep getting better and better
39. Sic Alps-U.S. EZ
40. Stereolab-Chemical Chords
41. The Goslings-Occasion
42. Nobunny-Love Visions
43. Pocahaunted-Island Diamonds
44. Caress of my Fist-Etudes in Violence
45. Venetian Snares-Detrimentalist
46. Skullflower-Desire for a Holy War
47. Bill Dixon-Darfur: 17 Musicians in Search of a Sound
48. Excepter-Debt Dept. (the first album by them ive really gotten into)
49. Experimental Dental School-Jane Doe Loves Me
50. Fursaxa-Kobold Moon
51. Hiroshi Hasegawa-Acension no.999
52. Gnaw Thier Tongues-An Epiphanic Vomiting of Blood
53. Doxa Sinistra-Conveyor Belt
54. Pyha-Haunted House
55. Factums-Lost One
56. Striborg-Autumnal Melancoly
57. Jason Crumer-Etudes in Violence
58. Sexy Prison-FilthFlarnFilth
59. Death Sentence: PANDA!-Insects Awake
60. BIRTH!-The New Death (This album has lost some momentum in mind, but this guy has loads of potential, sick no fi harsh synth punk that you can rave or play russian roulette to)

Some Excellent Reissues:
A Handful of Dust 'Now Gods, Stand Up For Bastards/The Philosophik Mercury'
16-17-Gyatso
Miss High Heel-The Family's Hot Daughter
Lydia Lunch-Teenage Jesus/Beirut Slump
Weasel Walter Early Recordings
Sun City Girl-You're Never Alone With a Cigarette
Dissecting Table-Early Studio Works 86/87

there's still lots of stuff i want to hear though; the stuff i mentioned above, pyha-haunted house, filthy turd-the corpse vanishes, caress of my fist-etudes in violence, jason crumer-burning in hell, fixture for toxins-the night hoovers over us again, and a whole assortment of jazz and noise casettes, 7 inches, splits, and other rare recordings of varying quality that has been making me poor all these years.

it has to be said though, i have always been a fan of rock n roll and punk first and foremost. i spent my earliest years obsessed with neil young, the stones, hendrix, blue oyster cult, and then my teen years with punk and underground rock. i didnt get really into noise and wierd shit till the past three years. i found refuge in noise and sound and skronk and whatever the fuck you want to call it, because of how stale the rock scene had become. but look at my list. 75 percent of those bands are rock and punk. this is fantastic! finally, rock n roll is becoming interesting again. siltbreeze for life!

o, and om's 'live in jerusalem' is one of the ebst live recordings ive ever heard. om is such a powerful fucking band.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.05.2008, 05:55 PM   #262
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
haha thanks for putting scissor shock in there haha.

Our next album will be better.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.05.2008, 05:57 PM   #263
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
ive listened to the carter 3 a few times now. i have liked his stuff in the past, namely his mixtapes. but i cant see the appeal of this album at all? someone on the troniks board said this about lil wayne that made so much sense, "Is this how low the bar has become?". and its true, this guy gets hailed as a genius by hack music writers when he talks about nothing other than money, drugs, fucking, and sports, over some corny pop beats (ok, some of the beats are great, some). and im not trying to sound like a dick, the guy has talent. but he gets way more credit because he basically has no competition, at least not in the mainstream. kanye west? give me a break.

listen to pink reason
Old 10.05.2008, 05:58 PM   #264
batreleaser
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
haha thanks for putting scissor shock in there haha.

Our next album will be better.

no dude, dont be thankful, that shit is great.

listen to pink reason
Old 10.05.2008, 05:59 PM   #265
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
i appreciate it.

Old 10.06.2008, 08:52 AM   #266
batreleaser
invito al cielo

i forgot the miss high heel-the family's hot daughter re-issue. prolly the best re-release of this year, even if it is impossible to listen to that record in one sitting.

listen to pink reason
Old 10.06.2008, 09:53 AM   #267
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
im usually about two years behind in music. i usually hear like 5-6 new records, and hundreds of older records each year, then a few years later get into records from this year.
but records from this year that i realy like are
fuck buttons-street horsing. amazing album. only problem is that each song is kinda the same-quitw loops beautiful buildup, then screaming. and i dont real ylike his screaming except for the first song...

chemical chords is great

i liked the fleet foxes album.

prayers for chibi

excepter-debt dept

the goslings-occasion

ill think of some others later

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.06.2008, 09:57 AM   #268
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
oh and the brother unconnected-bishop brthers tour album. amazing versions of SCGs songs

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.06.2008, 10:14 AM   #269
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone know if the new Hair Police is worth checking out?
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.06.2008, 01:23 PM   #270
batreleaser
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Anyone know if the new Hair Police is worth checking out?

i had no idea there was a new hair police. but of course its worth checking out, its the fucking hair police. trevor tremaine's drumming is worth buying thier stuff alone. i dont think theyll ever top 'constantly terrified' though. i love that record. a lot of the newer noise bands are going for like a horror movie soundtrack vibe, hair police IS horror.

edit: yes they do have a new album on no fun called "certainty of swarms". im going to order it now. i love them so much, i missed them live this summer too which is a total bummer. they are a fucking powerhouse of a live band.

listen to pink reason
Old 10.06.2008, 01:24 PM   #271
batreleaser
invito al cielo

oh and the beirut slimp/teenage jesus reissue is great, finally these songs are easy to get.

listen to pink reason
Old 10.06.2008, 01:35 PM   #272
batreleaser
invito al cielo

deathroes 'infinite blaze' is my pick for noise casette of the year.

listen to pink reason
Old 10.06.2008, 01:40 PM   #273
batreleaser
invito al cielo

i also gotta hear this band mensturation sisters. oren ambarchi's newish band. they out out a limited vinyl this year, "MA", on no fun. ill prolly never be able to hear it, but hopefully they release something more widely availible soon. and i really fucking wish someone would re-release ambarchi's phlegm stuff, probably the most underrated spazzed out noise band of all time.

listen to pink reason
Old 10.06.2008, 01:43 PM   #274
batreleaser
invito al cielo

man, records. such a pain in the ass and money consuming hobby

listen to pink reason
Old 10.06.2008, 06:10 PM   #275
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
oh and the brother unconnected-bishop brthers tour album. amazing versions of SCGs songs

Totally forgot about this one... it's great. So is "live at the sit and spin".

Old 10.06.2008, 07:58 PM   #276
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
i just ordered the Hospitals LP... listened about 6 times through it now, and i like

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.06.2008, 11:52 PM   #277
batreleaser
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
i just ordered the Hospitals LP... listened about 6 times through it now, and i like

yeah, my album of the year.

listen to pink reason
Old 10.07.2008, 09:50 PM   #278
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
well...now i just ordered the hospitals lp too because of all the jibber jabber...heard a track or two and was feeling it
Old 10.07.2008, 10:25 PM   #279
batreleaser
invito al cielo

the hospitals; the most retardedly brilliant band ever?

note: i mean retarded as in literally, retarded. not as in, "holy shit brah fuckin insane".

listen to pink reason
Old 10.08.2008, 06:16 PM   #280
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
can we include eps in the album of the year catagory?
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
111213 14 151617 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth