Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Bands you regret not having seen
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.04.2008, 06:10 AM   #41
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Keiji Haino played in helsinki and, for fuck sake, kuopio (smalltown where I live now, and want get out of) sometime in 2002. Of course at that time I was 16 and taking my first steps to underground music and record buying. The awareness of that stuff came about couple years later.

you know, if I were five years older, I probably would've seen a bunch japanese shit live here (at least merzbow, kk null, ruins and probably others too...).
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2008, 06:25 AM   #42
radarmaker
the end of the ugly

radarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's asses
I slept through Television at Glastonbury a few years back. Still kicking myself for that one.

And how did anyone who wanted to go miss the Pixies reunion? They were touring constantly for about 2 years!
radarmaker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2008, 06:36 AM   #43
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Live Skull
Bikini Kill
Appetite era Guns n Roses
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2008, 06:50 AM   #44
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
the main ones that spring to mind are shellac, i had a car accident the day of the morning of the gig and just wasnt in the mood....

and nirvana.. the 3 times they played here i couldnt go.. first i was too young and i already had made my desicion to go to something else (they supported sy!!!) the second i was sitting a leaving cert (final exam) in school, the third, i had the ticket bought 24 hours before the fateful event!!!!

also i suppose animal collective, jesus lizard and deerhoof, i missed them at the electric picnic last year to see a mates band that were laying on a different stage at the time.
Old 06.04.2008, 07:10 AM   #45
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
fushitsusha played in london in 2000, i was only vaguely aware of them back then, i curse myself for not being more switched on at the time
If it's any consolation, I remember seeing a review of that show in The Wire, and it wasn't a good one. Charles Hayward drummed, and I recall the review saying that he acted like it was the Charles Hayward Show and basically made it crap.

And you've reminded me that I also regret not even being aware of High Rise's existence when they played in the UK.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2008, 08:01 AM   #46
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
If it's any consolation, I remember seeing a review of that show in The Wire, and it wasn't a good one. Charles Hayward drummed, and I recall the review saying that he acted like it was the Charles Hayward Show and basically made it crap.

That does offer some consolation.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2008, 08:18 AM   #47
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HECKLER SPRAY
????????????????
Is it possible to forget to go to a show ???
Well.... Too bad.

it was the day i started at university, and i didn't have the gig written down anywhere on a calendar or in a diary.
I didn't even realize i had missed the gig until about 2 weeks later.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.07.2008, 12:26 PM   #48
Trane
empty page

Trane has a brilliant futureTrane has a brilliant futureTrane has a brilliant futureTrane has a brilliant futureTrane has a brilliant futureTrane has a brilliant futureTrane has a brilliant futureTrane has a brilliant futureTrane has a brilliant futureTrane has a brilliant futureTrane has a brilliant future
The Smiths
let me leave this room
Cuz what I want
I want now
and it's a whole lot more
than 'anyhow'
Trane is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.07.2008, 04:47 PM   #49
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
i dont get too beat up over stuff like this. i have a life and obligations and i cant make every fucking show. one thing i regret though, no fun fest 2005. i was in the area, and wanted to go badly, but my friend i was with doesnt like noise at all, and i didnt wanna bale in him. fuck.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.07.2008, 05:40 PM   #50
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Jeff Buckley
Elliott Smith
Lift To Experience
Old 06.07.2008, 08:23 PM   #51
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Pere Ubu...I forgot about the show. It was on a Sunday night too, which is weird.
Old 06.08.2008, 06:35 AM   #52
luisxvi
bad moon rising

luisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's assesluisxvi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
I'm talking bands that it could have been feasible for you to have seen them, but you missed them and now wish you hadn't. So there's no point in saying stuff like "The Beatles" unless you were born in or before the early 1950's.

My biggest one is Soulside. I thought they kicked ass (still do actually), but the one time I had the chance to see them I didn't know about it until the next day.

I missed seeing the Jesus Lizard and I really regret that. I also missed Melt Banana too but they are playing next week so I will get to see them then.
Old 06.08.2008, 07:17 PM   #53
laserbeard
empty page

laserbeard has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
i missed Deerhoof playing a Hallowe'en show two years ago in Montreal.
i was broke.
and, according to inside sources, it was amazing.
laserbeard is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.08.2008, 08:46 PM   #54
moonmoon

q.o.t.s.a.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.08.2008, 09:25 PM   #55
fluxequalsrad
stalker

fluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't missed much luckily. I caught Pixies reunion and Radiohead's club tour in the same year...

I'm really happy I got to see Grandaddy on their Sumday tour, ... even if it was with 'Saves the Day' it was amazing... plus I wasn't really in love with them at the time and this show sealed the deal.

I'm sure missing MBV at Ricoh Collesium in Toronto will top the list when I inevitably miss it.
fluxequalsrad is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.10.2008, 07:37 AM   #56
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Sex Pistols
Devo
The Clash
Siouxie & The Banshees
The Damned
Suicide

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth