Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page How's is the new Erase Errata?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.03.2006, 11:54 PM   #1
Society_In_My_Hole
little trouble girl

Society_In_My_Hole is a jewel in the roughSociety_In_My_Hole is a jewel in the roughSociety_In_My_Hole is a jewel in the roughSociety_In_My_Hole is a jewel in the rough
Is it any good, I was thinking about getting it.
Society_In_My_Hole is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2006, 09:32 AM   #2
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
for me.........it's the best album of the year

the production is far better then the first two albums, Jenny's guitar work is quite unexpected, they also have made their first ever video, it's up on the krs site
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2006, 11:05 AM   #3
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
I enjoy it a lot. It deffinitely is much better on the production side of things but i'm not so sure i like the vocals as much as the previous albums. All in all, a very satisfying release.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2006, 11:14 AM   #4
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantophobia
for me.........it's the best album of the year

the production is far better then the first two albums, Jenny's guitar work is quite unexpected, they also have made their first ever video, it's up on the krs site

Not sure whether it's my album of the year but it's certainly a very strong contender... It's a stunner from beginning to end especially Cruising and Night Life. Actually I think that Cruising is the best song of the year so far...

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2006, 01:26 PM   #5
DJ Rick
100%

Location: Sacto (CA) Institute for Record Collection Scrutiny
DJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's asses
I echo that song of the year nomination for "Cruising." Those guitars sound like they're grinding gears, and that bass drum is so oppressive! I demo'd the song in my friend's competition-level car audio system, and it was making the whole neighborhood vibrate.

This album is, I believe, by far their strongest. With the Mary-Had-a-Little-Lamb-level one-fingered guitarwork of the past replaced by Jenny's more creative and skillful style, the band is a much stronger and complete unit than ever. No more weakspot in Erase Errata...they just completely rule now.
DJ Rick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2006, 05:37 PM   #6
ozZuB-ginK
little trouble girl

ozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to behold
yea its a good release. I was curious to see how it would turn out now that jenny is plaing gtr and it turned out really great. I still think mogwai's Mr. Beast is album of the year tho (;
Old 08.06.2006, 07:36 AM   #7
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
it's fine.

not as good as their first two albums.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth