Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Britain a breeding ground for thugs?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.03.2007, 12:03 PM   #81
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
We also abolished the ability of the police to do anything about thuggery. The police can't take any action, the courts just don't.

Bloody happy belated 4,000th post, Sonicl. It may not have been a party post, but it was a very wise one indeed!

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2007, 02:19 PM   #82
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
when i got home i found out that today my sister and her young children had been threatened with having their house burnt down and the kids hurt after she called the police on a group of kids smashing up her car. they alreay stole it earlier in the year and it seems they want more or are bored. she is on the way over now because she's too scared to stay in the house overnight. what a lovely area she lives in.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2007, 02:27 PM   #83
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
when i got home i found out that today my sister and her young children had been threatened with having their house burnt down and the kids hurt after she called the police on a group of kids smashing up her car. they alreay stole it earlier in the year and it seems they want more or are bored. she is on the way over now because she's too scared to stay in the house overnight. what a lovely area she lives in.

That's very sad, jonboy. I dearly hope that things come to a successful resolution soon. It says everything about the system that your sister is the one who feels compelled to move; in a society that still had a grounding in decency, she and yourself would be able to relax knowing that the perpetrators would be dealt with.

Old 01.03.2007, 02:32 PM   #84
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
when the police arrived they attacked them and about 30 people were involved overall. its very scary considering that my neice and nephew are in the house and they have broken into my sisters before. one of them has already been to prison for it.

thing is though, if you look at the kids life what else is he supposed to become? his mum is gone and his dad, an ex jailbird himself doesnt care about him. not that it excuses what he has done but it does explain it somewhat.

thanks hip.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 01.03.2007, 02:37 PM   #85
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

The underlying disgrace is that the perpetrators have been brought up never having been taught the basics of right and wrong.

But even so, there's a differnece between being a bit of a ruffian and deliberately and repeatedly doing evil. Each individual has to be responsible for themselves - shameful acts should lead at least to a feeling of shame, and ultimately to genuie repentance - and if they refuse then they should exect a swift and profound response to teach them to mend their ways. The problem is that they don't expect anything to be done. Legitimisation again.

Old 01.03.2007, 02:55 PM   #86
compulsive diarrhea, jico
100%

compulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy

i'm sorry for your sister family. this kind of thing happens a lot... i think that the phase your sister is living thru right now it's the worst, because she have been attacked but the kids are still out there so she's afraid because she have no idea of what else they might do to her.
compulsive diarrhea, jico is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2007, 03:17 PM   #87
jon boy
invito al cielo

i dont think that anything will happen as the police know who the purpetrators are and will have a warrant out for their arrest but at the same time its scary because you hear about people being attacked in their own homes because of some stupid revenge thing. the police already said that they cant guard her house 24 hours and i am sure that when they threatened her it was just spur of the moment bravdo but its still as scary as hell.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 01.03.2007, 05:33 PM   #88
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
There's not much I can add to the posts here.

It's such a huge issue, and I don't know why and don't know the solution. All I know is having a family makes things seem more scary than ever.

I live in an area of town that is midway between the pubs and nightclub. So every weekend people stream past from one place to the other.

And every weekend residents' cars are vandalised (nothing's ever stolen, it's just vandalsim).

I know we've all got experiences we could relate, and adding my own, not particularly extreme, example (and there are many others) doesn't add to the debate in any huge way. But it is an issue which becomes more and more relevant to your every day life. I don't know how much that has to do with having children, mind you.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2007, 05:35 PM   #89
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Is it really that bad in the UK?

Kinda makes all the Anti-America threads redundant now, doesn't it.
Old 01.03.2007, 05:38 PM   #90
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J

Redundant, yes. Unlike question marks for rhetorical questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2007, 05:39 PM   #91
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Redundant, yes. Unlike question marks for rhetorical questions.

Boo-hoo. Go cry in the corner then.
Old 01.03.2007, 05:40 PM   #92
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J

It isn't neccessarily the level of crime that's most worrying, but the refusal of the appropriate agents to crack down on things is becoming a bigger and bigger issue.

The indifference and excuse-making is astonishing. And even that wouldn't be quite so bad if the government crying poverty and lack of resources hadn't spent the best part of ten years turning itself into a legislative and financial Leviathan, bloated on what it has taken from the people.

Old 01.03.2007, 05:42 PM   #93
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest
It isn't neccessarily the level of crime that's most worrying, but the refusal of the appropriate agents to crack down on things is becoming a bigger and bigger issue.

The indifference and excuse-making is astonishing. And even that wouldn't be quite so bad if the government crying poverty and lack of resources hadn't spent the best part of ten years turning itself into a legislative and financial Leviathan, bloated on what it has taken from the people.

I would agree, but change it to "successive governments".
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2007, 05:51 PM   #94
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
People in Angel watching you?Have you got three legs or something?London is a safe city in most parts.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2007, 05:53 PM   #95
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Angel's ok, but there're parts of it perhaps less so. You could've wandered into a trendy spot, in which case you almost certainly had the wrong haircut. There are far scarier areas of London (some not 5 minutes walk from Angel).

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 01.03.2007, 05:57 PM   #96
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Archway Road(not far from Angel) is one of those.You hear about people getting mugged there often. Harlsden is probably the scariest place i've lived in but it's not exactly a place you'd go to unless you live there.

Old 01.03.2007, 06:09 PM   #97
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
Archway Road(not far from Angel) is one of those.You hear about people getting mugged there often. Harlsden is probably the scariest place i've lived in but it's not exactly a place you'd go to unless you live there.

I lived on Archway for a bit. Never had a problem. Heard about it a lot, but I never saw anything. Well, I saw illegal activity, but never anything that particularly made me worry. Loads of Irish round there. Nice area, if you like Irish. Which I do.

Quote:
Old 01.03.2007, 06:17 PM   #98
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
Of course it is... Look at all you boardies, you are a testament to that.

Porky
Jon Boy
Glice
Toilet & Bowels
sonicl

Social deviants and delinquent criminals, the lot of you.

Straight Outta Hackney, crazy motherfucker called Porky
From the gang called Limeyz With Attitudes

Yes, I was listening to NWA earlier tonight.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2007, 06:18 PM   #99
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I lived on Archway for a bit. Never had a problem. Heard about it a lot, but I never saw anything. Well, I saw illegal activity, but never anything that particularly made me worry. Loads of Irish round there. Nice area, if you like Irish. Which I do.
To be perfectly honest,i've never seen a mugging in Archway Road myself and least of all i never noticed that it had a big irish population either.Then again,i don't hang around there often.

Old 01.03.2007, 06:20 PM   #100
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
Straight Outta Hackney, crazy motherfucker called Porky
From the gang called Limeyz With Attitudes

Yes, I was listening to NWA earlier tonight.
That's more straight outta Whitechapel.Bowels lives in Hackney,not me.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth