Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.23.2010, 03:43 AM   #10161
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
no yeah. that's it. there is no "s", haha. i have to say i haven't seen lolita vibrator torture. i'm really new to the japanese horror/exploitation/slasher stuff... what is the cream of this crop?

just saw Eastern Promises again. its so very good. its succinct. not a wasted second in this movie. perfectly paced. beautifully shot. i love the ending

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2010, 03:57 AM   #10162
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
J-Splatter/Exploitation? There isn't really that many worth going after, surprisingly... I guess SPLATTER: NAKED BLOOD, CRAZY LIPS, RAMPO NOIR, and EVIL DEAD TRAP would probably all be worth checking out... LOVE EXPOSURE is pretty funny, it's 4 hours of panty shots and kung fu..

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2010, 08:59 AM   #10163
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead

just saw Eastern Promises again. its so very good. its succinct. not a wasted second in this movie. perfectly paced. beautifully shot. i love the ending

best fight scene ever
Old 04.23.2010, 10:02 AM   #10164
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm a big big Henry Fonda fan but your pic isn't showing. I'm guessing, you mentioning him playing a bad guy, that it's Once Upon a Time in the West. Right?
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2010, 10:03 AM   #10165
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses

only an actor as good as he was could have pulled it off
Old 04.23.2010, 10:10 AM   #10166
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
I've heard rumors about an Eastern Promises sequel, true?

Finally saw "Un Prophet", fucking amazing.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2010, 10:14 AM   #10167
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka

only an actor as good as he was could have pulled it off

He was the most verstile of all the great Western actors for me; leagues ahead of John Wayne and, while I love Jimmy Stewart, he could never ever do a baddie in the way Fonda could - just as Eastwood could never play a flat out good guy. As well as being a brilliant actor, Fonda also had this thing with his eyes, where he could go from being the gentlest of characters to the coldest. Supposedly, for OAaTitW, he put in brown contacts, to disguise his blue eyes, but Leone had him take them out, thinking his blue eyes were far more chilling. Leone was definitely right.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2010, 10:12 PM   #10168
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
I watched about an hour of The Aviator. Man, that sucked. The last good (decent) movie I watched was probably Pitfall by Teshigahara. God bless Criterion for putting out this kind of shit it's best available presentation. (Even though they really botched "Branded to Kill" and "Withnail and I.")
Old 04.25.2010, 10:40 PM   #10169
Zombie Robot
expwy. to yr skull

Zombie Robot kicks all y'all's assesZombie Robot kicks all y'all's assesZombie Robot kicks all y'all's assesZombie Robot kicks all y'all's assesZombie Robot kicks all y'all's assesZombie Robot kicks all y'all's assesZombie Robot kicks all y'all's assesZombie Robot kicks all y'all's assesZombie Robot kicks all y'all's assesZombie Robot kicks all y'all's assesZombie Robot kicks all y'all's asses

Old 04.26.2010, 06:52 AM   #10170
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
I watched about an hour of The Aviator. Man, that sucked. The last good (decent) movie I watched was probably Pitfall by Teshigahara. God bless Criterion for putting out this kind of shit it's best available presentation. (Even though they really botched "Branded to Kill" and "Withnail and I.")

Yeeeeeeah. BRANDED TO KILL deserves a beautiful remaster job. What an amazing film.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2010, 07:54 AM   #10171
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Adventureland - 4/5
Paper Hearts - 3/5
Old 04.26.2010, 10:44 AM   #10172
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Adventureland - 4/5
Paper Hearts - 3/5

Adventure land was a million times better than I would have expected. Jesse Eisenberg is the real deal, and who knew the Twilight hottie had acting chops?

listen to pink reason
Old 04.26.2010, 11:06 AM   #10173
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
Adventure land was a million times better than I would have expected. Jesse Eisenberg is the real deal, and who knew the Twilight hottie had acting chops?

I know. I was expecting a dumb comedy like Nick & Norah or something. This was actually really well written, and the 80's theme wasn't in yr face over the top. It felt real. Jesse is generally awesome (did you see Squid & The Whale?). And Kristen Stewart is fantastic. She just gets overlooked becuz Twilight seems so stupid to ppl. But before that she was in some films I saw (Into The Wild, Speak) and she was great. I was a fan of hers by the time Twilight was getting hyped. So whatever. Anyway, I loved it. Really really surprised me.
Old 04.26.2010, 12:30 PM   #10174
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
He was the most verstile of all the great Western actors for me; leagues ahead of John Wayne and, while I love Jimmy Stewart, he could never ever do a baddie in the way Fonda could - just as Eastwood could never play a flat out good guy. As well as being a brilliant actor, Fonda also had this thing with his eyes, where he could go from being the gentlest of characters to the coldest. Supposedly, for OAaTitW, he put in brown contacts, to disguise his blue eyes, but Leone had him take them out, thinking his blue eyes were far more chilling. Leone was definitely right.

I didnt know that about the contacts...I really love that movie. Everyone is really great in it.
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2010, 01:18 PM   #10175
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses

a mixed bag. it was terrible, but great at times.

then there was emma stone-- most of her web pictures are a little weird, but here she had the right makeup to make her look really, really pretty

the jewish kid, columbus, who the fuck is it? and did they pick him cuz they couldn't get michael cera? he's a lookalike but no way as funny.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2010, 01:35 PM   #10176
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

a mixed bag. it was terrible, but great at times.

then there was emma stone-- most of her web pictures are a little weird, but here she had the right makeup to make her look really, really pretty

the jewish kid, columbus, who the fuck is it? and did they pick him cuz they couldn't get michael cera? he's a lookalike but no way as funny.

I think you mean Jessie Eissenberg who we were just discussing a few posts earlier. Emma Stone is always awesome. She was great in Superbad, and she was the best part of House Bunny.
Old 04.26.2010, 03:44 PM   #10177
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I think you mean Jessie Eissenberg who we were just discussing a few posts earlier. Emma Stone is always awesome. She was great in Superbad, and she was the best part of House Bunny.

yeah yeah, him.

emma stone looks lovely in movies. not sure how much she can act but you just wanna keep staring at her.

haven't seen house bunny yet

anyway, the movie-- so fucking talky. especially the first part of the movie-- show, don't tell, motherfucker.

still-- bill murray was hilarious.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2010, 04:01 PM   #10178
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2010, 05:19 PM   #10179
batreleaser
invito al cielo

Emma Stone looks ridiculously amazing in Zombieland, she's from Scottsdale, AZ, amazing nightlife up there. And Woody was great as always.

Yeah the Squid and the Whale was great. Eisenberg is so ridiculously shitty (as a character), not an actor in that movie, passing off Pink Floyd as his writing, haha. I'm kind of psyched for his portrayal of Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network.

listen to pink reason
Old 04.26.2010, 06:30 PM   #10180
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I loved when he said THE METAMORPHASIS was Kafka-esque. Haha.
409459499506507508 509 5105115125195596091009 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth