Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page (actual) world cup thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.03.2010, 02:47 PM   #841
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
isn't it a bit early for a penalty shootout?

yeah-- good job by the ref. what there was invasion of the penalty area. holy caca.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2010, 02:48 PM   #842
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
holy mother of fuck this is awesome
Old 07.03.2010, 02:55 PM   #843
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
the funniest thing is that Fabregas should've had one straight after!
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2010, 02:59 PM   #844
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
the funniest thing is that Fabregas should've had one straight after!

i know-- fucking crazy.

paraguay is doing a nice job defending but their attacks are meh. did you know they had a star striker who was shot in the head in mexico some months ago? cabañas. he survived but he obviously can't play.

roque santa cruz is coming in to replace valdez-- that's good.
Old 07.03.2010, 03:10 PM   #845
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

wow, this spanish goal was like a reflection of the whole game.

you can't win by just defending-- you get killed in the end no matter how much the ball bounces around.
Old 07.03.2010, 03:13 PM   #846
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
I think spain has this in the bag.
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2010, 03:14 PM   #847
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
you have to wonder how many times Spain can rely on Villa to get them out of jail.
Old 07.03.2010, 03:16 PM   #848
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
you have to wonder how many times Spain can rely on Villa to get them out of jail.

mierda! good attack! could have been if he doesn't shoot that hard.

nice game.

--

& nice counterattack.
Old 07.03.2010, 03:22 PM   #849
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

man, paraguay put up a nice fight but the game ended the way it should.

germany spain should be a really good game.
Old 07.03.2010, 03:35 PM   #850
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

Yeah, Paraguay were easily the equal to Spain, really up until Villa's goal.

Germany-Spain is gonna be great. I can't see Spain coping with them on the strength of both teams' performances today, though. Surely they can't risk starting with Torres again. He's a brilliant player but he's clearly unfit. They need to start with Fabregas. Even then though, I have to wonder how they're gonna handle Muller, Klose and Schweinsteiger. Spain were average at best today and they'll need to play better than they have all through the tournament if Germany are on form - which they inevitably will be.
Old 07.03.2010, 03:37 PM   #851
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
there's no way that ref should ever ref anywhere ever again. He needs high def super slow motion video replays on all calls. Awful ref

so much for the 'America's World Cup'!! Spain Dutch final (although Spain will have to be much better to beat Germany...)
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2010, 03:43 PM   #852
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yeah, Paraguay were easily the equal to Spain, really up until Villa's goal.

Germany-Spain is gonna be great. I can't see Spain coping with them on the strength of both teams' performances today, though. Surely they can't risk starting with Torres again. He's a brilliant player but he's clearly unfit. They need to start with Fabregas. Even then though, I have to wonder how they're gonna handle Muller, Klose and Schweinsteiger. Spain were average at best today and they'll need to play better than they have all through the tournament if Germany are on form - which they inevitably will be.

both casillas and the spanish coach admitted in post-game interviews that paraguay played at times better, however i disagree with them having the winning plan, because in principle you can't win a game just by defending. a little bit more risk-taking could have benefited paraguay's game-- santa cruz could have started earlier with valdez instead of replacing him after he was hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBebs
there's no way that ref should ever ref anywhere ever again. He needs high def super slow motion video replays on all calls. Awful ref

really? what did he fuck up that was so bad? the 2nd penalty on fabregas was a tough call to make, and the assistant refs didn't see it either. otherwise he did a very good job i thought. he curbed excessive rough play, he didn't become the center of the game, he didn't go card-crazy, he called evenly for both sides.
Old 07.03.2010, 03:57 PM   #853
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:

so much for the 'America's World Cup'!! Spain Dutch final (although Spain will have to be much better to beat Germany...)

Yeah the ref seemed to have forgotten the rules about midway throiugh the second half. I can definitely see Holland making the final but I tend to think they'll be up against Germany rather than Spain who, Villa aside, haven't looked that great if you ask me. Germany look like they're getting better better and better while Spain still don't seem to have really hit any kind of rhythm.

I really thought the American teams were gonna dominate. I don't know what happened but they do seem to have imploded.

The big disappointments for me though have been the African nations. It's 'nice' to support them but they just seem incapable of taking that next step.
Old 07.03.2010, 03:57 PM   #854
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

agreed on the ending, Paraguay was an interesting team, they haven't scored a goal in 309 minutes but they managed to block out Spain for most sooo long unexpectedly. Well not quite, as they hadn't let a team score on them in four consecutive matches...

Quote:
f

so much for the 'America's World Cup'!!

serious, what a bunch of surprises.. first all the favored boojie Eurotrash teams who were expected in the Semi-finals were eliminated, then all the favored American teams who advanced and were expected in the finals were eliminated, and now all the under-dog European teams are in the Semi-Finals, and the most unexpected of the American teams survived! This is a definite Upsetters World Cup fi real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
I'm seriously psyched for the germany/argentina game in the morning. I'm gonna wake up before noon for the first time in weeks to watch this shit. it's gonna be epic.

lucky you I been up at 6am every day to catch matches for weeks.. during the group stage I was catching matches at 5am before leaving for work! it has literally been surreal to see sports so early in the morning, in LA the earliest we get is a Dodger game at 1-2pm sometimes.. aside from the Olympics I have never been up so early to catch sports..

did y'all see that pinball goal by Spain! Shit! one of the highlights of the Cup! The 3 highlight goals of this Cup, a) that wrongfully disqualified goal by South Africa b) the USA goal in injury time c) Spain's pinball goal against Paraguay..

who would have thought both Argentina and Brazil would be out? Upset 2010 left and right!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2010, 04:01 PM   #855
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
What a game again this is fun. I guess this summer I will be taking in my first Revolution's game down in Foxboro MA. Let's not forget it wasn't all that long ago that Germany beat Australia 4 nil then lost 1 nil to Serbia. So let's not crown them just yet. I still believe in Uruguay!
Old 07.03.2010, 04:06 PM   #856
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka
What a game again this is fun. I guess this summer I will be taking in my first Revolution's game down in Foxboro MA. Let's not forget it wasn't all that long ago that Germany beat Australia 4 nil then lost 1 nil to Serbia. So let's not crown them just yet. I still believe in Uruguay!

ohh I didn't think Germany would do it today in the first place, who thought they would out play Argentina so well? Both Spain and Argentina weren't allowed to use their finesse and style in the face of Germany's Berlin Wall defense and Paraguay's intense speed and ever eye on the ball.. Spain however managed to break through..

it looks like Germany vs Spain in the Finals, but nothing has been even remotely predictable so who knows anymore?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2010, 04:06 PM   #857
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
first all the favored boojie Eurotrash teams who were expected in the Semi-finals were eliminated ... all the under-dog European teams are in the Semi-Finals

Spain had been joint favourites along with Brazil to win the tournament for months before the tournament started, with Holland not far behind them. Portugal were a bit of asn unknown quantity but I doubt many people were surprised they went out when they did. Germany are a bit of a surprise, but then everyone knows Germany do well in big tournaments. Meanwhile, everyone expected France to be a disaster and they weren't much more optimistic about Italy. The only 'big' European team that really surprised anyone with how bad they were was England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
then all the favored American teams who advanced and were expected in the finals were eliminated

Yeah, Brazil. No one gave Argentina a hope in hell of even getting as far as they did. They only barely managed to qualify for the tournament in the first place. Brazil going out was a surprise but certainly not Argentina.
Old 07.03.2010, 04:36 PM   #858
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Germany's gonna handle Spain easily. the only problem is Muller isn't playing... but I still think Germany will win confidently.

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2010, 04:38 PM   #859
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i really dont want germany to win. kuntz.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2010, 04:46 PM   #860
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

really? what did he fuck up that was so bad? .

it was just the whole penalty fiasco. Paraguay's penalty there was about 4 Spanish defenders in the box but he let that go, then Alonso scored and he made them retake it (and on the replay at the time the ball is kicked (which is the important bit) you can see him watching the keeper, and not the palyers in the box), then he missed a blatant penalty on Fabregas which was blatant. I'm sorry but even through the crowd i could see it was a penalty so i'm sure he could. But maybe he didn't have the balls to give another one straight away?
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
404142 43 444546 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth