Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page All Things Science Here!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.16.2009, 12:33 PM   #281
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
DEAD WRONG

human brains have not changed at all in hundreds of thousands of years. all that has changed is our storehouse of collected knowledge and information, and the tools by which we gather such information.

You don;t know jack shit about natural selection (what you choose to call evolution) if you think natural selection is how knowledge is developed.

I'm impressed, each response gets more and more ignorant, and further away from my point

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.16.2009, 01:34 PM   #282
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
go read up on the last ten years of neurology.
Old 10.16.2009, 01:35 PM   #283
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
humans are getting bigger. soon you'll be the size of dinosaurs.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.16.2009, 01:44 PM   #284
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
wouldn't it be great to see a killer wahle smoking a big cigar?
Old 10.16.2009, 03:25 PM   #285
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
go read up on the last ten years of neurology.
http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/mi...tic_brain.html
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.16.2009, 03:31 PM   #286
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

You don;t know jack shit about natural selection (what you choose to call evolution) if you think natural selection is how knowledge is developed.

most people don't. even many scientists describe the process as if there was a conscious decision either by the organism or some outside force in the process of evolution. BULLSHIT! it is strictly random..

say with primates and the evolution of the hand.. primates did not consciously think over generations "how could I change my hand to grasp better?"
FURTHER THE HAND DID NOT EVOLVE OVER A PROCESS OF TRYING TO USE THE HAND MORE AND MORE. THE HAND DID NOT EVOLVE BECAUSE PRIMATES NEEDED IT...

it WAS STRICTLY AN ACCIDENT!

A primate with a freak occurance mutation which gave him slightly more a hand shape than the others by the circumstances of natural selection, happened to live better and reproduce more successfully than other primates, and so his offspring succeeded in carrying on the mutation until inevitably through the process of natural selection, those primates with out the mutation failed to compete and were replaced.

THE WHOLE THING IS AN ACCIDENT, A RANDOM OCCURANCE, it is not PLANNED. The hand did not evolve as part of a plan to create a hand, it was an accident entirely, at least according to the theory of evolution of species through natural selection

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.16.2009, 03:53 PM   #287
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

yes, existance is an accident. only humans, out of all creation, delude themselves into thinking it must all have been a conscious act. we cannot see the forest for the trees. in a square world, curves are unthinkable. in our human brain-world of causality, chance is unthinkable.
Old 10.16.2009, 06:12 PM   #288
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
yes, existance is an accident. only humans, out of all creation, delude themselves into thinking it must all have been a conscious act. we cannot see the forest for the trees. in a square world, curves are unthinkable. in our human brain-world of causality, chance is unthinkable.

its not just that existence is an accident, but rather that each stage in the process is random.. I suppose accident is not necessarily the best choice in words.. random conveys more the idea. I just with scientists would be more accurate when they discuss evolution, they create the wrong image in the common imagination about evolution. Most people have this idea where the selection of God is simply replaced by natural selection, as if natural selection had a conscious decision in the process.. it annoys me to no end!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2009, 06:23 AM   #289
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
who'd have thought a thread about science could get so shit!?
Old 10.17.2009, 10:26 PM   #290
mindbomb
little trouble girl

mindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's assesmindbomb kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
There are three or four different kinds of years. one is measured by the rotation of the earth around the sun. one is measured by the time between equinoxes, etc.

See 'Years' by Attack In Black. www.myspace.com/attackinblack

If you're are so high-up on the science foodchain explain this one. When I saw Sonic Youth at Massey Hall in June09 I got in my car to head home and my simple isometric ball(NorthEastSouthWest) illuminated in the blue light like it's supposed to without me pressing down on it to properly activate the 'bluelight'. The ball has since dimmed and relight on protocol abstract from me pressing down on it to operate it. My only theory on who/what did this is that Police Officials in my family did this with their authority over me for not liking my future power over them. Even my car was towed on a Sunday at a Festival since I was parked in a non-parking spot. Well, so were all the other cars around me. It was a residential area yet The Police chose to tow my vehicle given my circumstances with them.(laughable) Really whoever it is, is abusing their power.

If you'd define these events by traditional logic I'll let you know my fucking cat was transposed into thin air and reappeared in less then a minute or two. Of course I didn't see her disappear into thin air but she was definitely transposed/teleported. I don't think she had any knowledge of what happened but being a young cat, I think she may very well be part of a new generation of cats here in 2009.

Is a highend government computer running these functions to distract me given my current status here in 2009. Either that or it's a completely foreign technology. Japanese or Germany(Sonic Youth now)? Alien? Whatever it is, I've made it's presence known even more so right here on this board. My feeling is, these events are not totally meant to cause harm, but are part of my life cycle in this newage in which eventually these events will work moreso in my favour rather then causing frustration and mental anguish.

Can I even get a realistic logical answer to these question without constricting what the government wants to recognize widescale? Will this post even get thru to the board? Or course it will but can I get the real answer? This is not too many questions as these are all real patterns that will have to one day be validated for those who can handle it or choose it.
Old 10.18.2009, 03:57 AM   #291
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Chaos theory and nihilism? I thought this thread was going to teach me about science.

Someone start explaining photosynthesis or immunological memory, quick.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2009, 02:11 PM   #292
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Two Tesla coils play theme to Mario Bros.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1O2jcfOylU&
Old 10.18.2009, 05:49 PM   #293
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
Two Tesla coils play theme to Mario Bros.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1O2jcfOylU&

I'm grade four in tesla coil. I dream of becoming a concert tesla coilist some day.
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.19.2009, 10:48 AM   #294
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Connecting to server...
You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!
You: Zing!!!
Stranger: like physics?
You: Yep
Stranger: u sure abt that>
Stranger: ?
Stranger: or just kidding
You: I'm sure
Stranger: well anyidea abt matter nad antimatter?
Stranger: and*
Stranger: oh great
Stranger: well i have a question
Stranger: would u be able to answer that
You: What's th q
You: ?
Stranger: well see u know that wen a particle of matter is created then an equal in mass
Stranger: but opposite mybe in charge
Stranger: another particle is created
Stranger: which is the antiparticle
Stranger: of that particle
You: You've got to remember antimatter is only semi combustible, that's the first stage
Stranger: so what im not able to undrstand is that wen big bang occured then lot of matter was created and antimatter must have been created then too
You: Say you have three protons orbiting an electron in a semi elliptical orbit
Stranger: so where is that antimatter nw
Stranger: hmm semi combustible?
Stranger: what does that mean...
You: The antimatters are pretty near depending on what measurement and tools you're using
You: If you're using a *^8 process then it's easier.
You: You should be able to fnd that in the instructions of your calculator
Stranger: hmm well...wait a sec
You: You're a physics graduate right?
Stranger: im not from physics
Stranger: iv majoured in pharmacy
You: Ok
You: I'll have to backa few stages
Stranger: so im nt really good at the techno stuff
Stranger: try explaining in a bit of less tech way
Stranger: yeh... thats sounds good
Stranger: thanu so pl go on..
Stranger: thank you*
You: The *^8 is based on a positiviely ioninistic discharge from hyperstable space structure like a supernova or extra supernova
You: Not just novas though
You: Got to remember that.
Stranger: ohkay and what does hyperstable mean?
Stranger: too stable?
You: the basic formula for any hyperstable object is X=@*889.56*yt*"" where @is the basic variables
Stranger: ohkay thats cool but lets not go into formulas im too bad
You: Okaaaay
You: Think of an apple
You: It's round right
Stranger: sorry ur dealing with a dumb girl here :P
Stranger: yeh...
Stranger: and..
You: You know what I have no idea what I'm talking about
Stranger: oh still i guess uv got more of an idea than i have
Stranger: :P
Stranger: so go on
You: Um no I really don't know I was just bluffing
You: Sorry...
Stranger: oh
Stranger: are u serious?
You: asl?
Stranger: or do u just think its a bit too much of a headache to explain
Stranger: to sm1 who knows nothing
You: I really just made all that stuff up
You: I seriously don't know
You: I'm really sorry
Stranger: oh dear! well ur a real great bluffmaster
You: Haha right
Stranger: its okay though id gotten realy excited
Stranger:
You: I actually feel a bit guilty now
Stranger: anyhow dsnt matter
You: Good luck in your quest for knowledge!
Stranger: its okay i should have got na idea when u said that electrons revolve in a semi elliptical orbit
Stranger: i dnt think that happens
You: I have no idea what that even means
Stranger: haha
Stranger: strange!

Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.19.2009, 01:55 PM   #295
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
are the 32 new planets in FUPPETS yet?

32 New Exoplanets Found
Today, at an international ESO/CAUP exoplanet conference in Porto, the team who built the High Accuracy Radial Velocity Planet Searcher, better known as HARPS, the spectrograph for ESO's 3.6-metre telescope, reports on the incredible discovery of some 32 new exoplanets, cementing HARPS's position as the world’s foremost exoplanet hunter. This result also increases the number of known low-mass planets by an impressive 30%. Over the past five years HARPS has spotted more than 75 of the roughly 400 or so exoplanets now known.

http://www.eso.org/public/outreach/p.../pr-39-09.html
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2009, 05:43 PM   #296
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Six Diseases You Never Knew You Could Catch

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2009, 07:38 PM   #297
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
are the 32 new planets in FUPPETS yet?

32 New Exoplanets Found
Today, at an international ESO/CAUP exoplanet conference in Porto, the team who built the High Accuracy Radial Velocity Planet Searcher, better known as HARPS, the spectrograph for ESO's 3.6-metre telescope, reports on the incredible discovery of some 32 new exoplanets, cementing HARPS's position as the world’s foremost exoplanet hunter. This result also increases the number of known low-mass planets by an impressive 30%. Over the past five years HARPS has spotted more than 75 of the roughly 400 or so exoplanets now known.

http://www.eso.org/public/outreach/p.../pr-39-09.html
I hope they actually name one of the planets "Super-Earth."
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2009, 07:54 PM   #298
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses

pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.20.2009, 08:07 PM   #299
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
^^^^ LOL
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.21.2009, 06:08 PM   #300
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
THE sun's million-degree outer atmosphere is the last place you would expect to find rain, yet a form of it does occur there. The stuff could help explain why the sun's outer atmosphere, or corona, is much hotter than closer in: http://www.newscientist.com/article/...is-insane.html

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
121314 15 161718 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth