Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Last Album You Bought?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.07.2009, 10:43 AM   #4701
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses

wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2009, 11:49 AM   #4702
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Jay-Z - American Gangster

The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2009, 01:21 PM   #4703
the big quasar
stalker

the big quasar kicks all y'all's assesthe big quasar kicks all y'all's assesthe big quasar kicks all y'all's assesthe big quasar kicks all y'all's assesthe big quasar kicks all y'all's assesthe big quasar kicks all y'all's assesthe big quasar kicks all y'all's assesthe big quasar kicks all y'all's assesthe big quasar kicks all y'all's assesthe big quasar kicks all y'all's assesthe big quasar kicks all y'all's asses

"Gloria" in vinyl signed by The New Christs. If you like The Stooges you'll probably dig this. These guys are descendants of that Detroit sound. Saw them live a couple of weeks ago at the album launch. Frontman Rob Younger is from Radio Birdman.

the big quasar is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2009, 01:56 PM   #4704
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
Jay-Z - American Gangster

fucking excellent!
Old 09.07.2009, 02:00 PM   #4705
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Melvins - Pick Your Battles
Mount Eerie - Wind's Poem
Old 09.07.2009, 06:16 PM   #4706
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2009, 09:41 AM   #4707
TheFoxBen
expwy. to yr skull

TheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's asses
^^^ Fuck yeah Third Reich n' Roll !

TheFoxBen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2009, 05:52 PM   #4708
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses

DUH
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2009, 05:56 PM   #4709
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
fucking excellent!

I know! Picked it up on a whim from a bargain bin, and I've no idea why it isn't often talked about as being among his best albums. Fucking gold. "Success" is absolutely mindblowing. Very, very underrated album. Possibly one of the best hip-hop albums of the decade even, but I need to listen to it it more before I make that judgement...

Today:

Jay-Z - The Black Album

Notorious B.I.G. - Life After Death

Dalek - From Filthy Tongues of Gods and Griots

The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
Old 09.08.2009, 07:40 PM   #4710
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Figured I should get the original before I got the new one:

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2009, 07:56 PM   #4711
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Wow. YES. You do need that one. Damn. I'm glad you got it.

The new one and Blueprint 3 are on my list. Just gotta find time to get to the record store.
Old 09.08.2009, 08:21 PM   #4712
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah blueprint 3 and obfcl2 hit today. I'm planning on getting both sometime this weekend.

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.08.2009, 08:23 PM   #4713
noisereductions
invito al cielo

me too. I was gonna today. But I'm gonna wait til the weekend, maybe trade some stuff in.
Old 09.09.2009, 07:16 AM   #4714
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

loubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's asses

On first print LP for 2 euro.

Sometimes I love the second hand shop.
loubarret is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.09.2009, 07:32 AM   #4715
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
I know! Picked it up on a whim from a bargain bin, and I've no idea why it isn't often talked about as being among his best albums. Fucking gold. "Success" is absolutely mindblowing. Very, very underrated album. Possibly one of the best hip-hop albums of the decade even, but I need to listen to it it more before I make that judgement...

it is amazing. "Ignorant Shit" blows my mind.

1. Black Album = classic. Seriously. Unbelievable.
2. Life After Death = very good. Did you see Notorious BTW?
3. Dalek = I want to like them so much. But I can never seem to get into it. On paper the conept is so something I should love. But it just hasn't grabbed me yet.
Old 09.09.2009, 10:13 AM   #4716
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
it is amazing. "Ignorant Shit" blows my mind.

1. Black Album = classic. Seriously. Unbelievable.
2. Life After Death = very good. Did you see Notorious BTW?
3. Dalek = I want to like them so much. But I can never seem to get into it. On paper the conept is so something I should love. But it just hasn't grabbed me yet.

Ignorant Shit is classic. Roc Boys (And The Winner Is....) is also GOLD, as is Fallin. What really knocks me out about is the consistency though. The whole album is very good to stunning, and it really has a great flow to it. Unlike something like the Black Album, which is great but all over the place stylistically, it just seems like this really streamlined STATEMENT album, much like Reasonable Doubt or The Blueprint.

1. Indeed it is. Admittedly I do find it a little uneven in places, but the heights of the album are so absurdly goddamn high and plentiful that it simply doesn't matter. December 4th? Encore? Moment of Clarity? 99 Problems? My 1st Song? Some all time greatest stuff right there.
2. It is very good, although, as many others have said, it might have benefited a bit from being a single album. As amazing as Biggie is, 110 minutes is a lot to carry, and there are inevitably a few weaker tracks. No, I did not see Notorious, but wanted to. Good?
3. I personally like Dalek quite a bit, but generally in smallish doses. They get a tad wearing after a while. The thing is, that in theory they should be one of my favourites ever, the idea is so good, but in practice they're "just" good to me. That said, From Filthy Tongues is a pretty great album. The best I've heard by them. Check it out if you haven't. Spiritual Healing is a GREAT track.
Old 09.09.2009, 10:17 AM   #4717
noisereductions
invito al cielo

1. The Black Album was the first time I actually believed that Jay-Z was in the same league as someone like Biggie or 2Pac. Don't get me wrong, BLUEPRINT was a great album, but it had a different initial feel to me. What I mean is that when I hit play on BLACK ALBUM, first listen I said "Wow, this album is a classic that people will remember for a loooooooong time." Where as BLUEPRINT sort of grew on me over time.
2. Agreed. Single disc would have been better. Notorious is a great film though. Definitely worth seeing.
3. I only have Absence.
Old 09.09.2009, 11:52 AM   #4718
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

Yeah, I know what you mean about the Black Album packing possibly the greatest immediete punch in his catalogue. It certainly helps that the first few tracks are all gold, whereas (although the firs couple are good) the Blueprint doesn't throw up a genuine classic until Izzo (H.O.V.A.). Reasonable Doubt is still my personal favourite, but it's a close run thing, and I will admit that that album took me a few listens to really click with.
Old 09.09.2009, 11:57 AM   #4719
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Actually, I'd say that "The Takeover" is too good too early on THE BLUEPRINT. It's like it raises the bar and then the rest just doesn't quite match it. Though it comes close.

REASONABLE DOUBT is great. And definitely his best pre-BLUEPRINT. That's for sure.
Old 09.09.2009, 01:36 PM   #4720
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

Takeover is one of those tracks I always forget about, for some reason. It's great, and I always am surprised by that when I listen to it, then kind of idscount it until the next time I put the Blueprint on. Must really stop doing that. That said, still not my favourite on the album. Actually, one of my favourites is Kanye's bonus track remix of Girls. That doesn't get nearly enough love...
186226233234235 236 237238239246286336 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth