Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Air America Interview Opinions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.07.2006, 01:15 PM   #1
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know about you, but I think that Malloy interviewer wasn't prepared at all for the interview. He seemed oblivious to anything he was talking about. The My Bloody Valentine statement was pretty bad, and he should have at least said a band that he knows something about. He got the name of "Do You Believe In Rapture" wrong, and also said that Thurston sings more? I don't know what he means by this, Thurston's sung more for 15 years and usually takes 6 songs an album, and that's what this is.

Personally I didn't like the Interviewer, but it was definately worth listening to for the Samples and hearing Thurston
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2006, 02:06 PM   #2
duderanchnurse
bad moon rising

duderanchnurse kicks all y'all's assesduderanchnurse kicks all y'all's assesduderanchnurse kicks all y'all's assesduderanchnurse kicks all y'all's assesduderanchnurse kicks all y'all's assesduderanchnurse kicks all y'all's assesduderanchnurse kicks all y'all's assesduderanchnurse kicks all y'all's assesduderanchnurse kicks all y'all's assesduderanchnurse kicks all y'all's assesduderanchnurse kicks all y'all's asses
**** SPOILER *****

do you believe in rapture: lee's vocals at the beginning of the song !!! sound pretty much like thurston's acoustic version with a regular bassdrum beat...

unknown song: sounds like stones...

reena: greeeeeeeeeat !!! goo/dirty songs feeling, very very catchy riff that reminds me "Tuck n'dar" from MADE IN USA strk...

and the sound!!! it has a definitely sear touch. nice they changed studio.
duderanchnurse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2006, 03:02 PM   #3
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses

Yeah, I noticed that too.
Old 04.07.2006, 05:39 PM   #4
Soundtrax
bad moon rising

Soundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's asses
the unknown song and reena might be the same song on different parts, đ
Old 04.07.2006, 06:35 PM   #5
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
i liked the dry wall comment and the construction site imagery but the interview was rushed. Like what the hell does Air America have to put on as to rush an interview with someone interesting.

oh by the way, doesn't Chuck D work at A A? That would have been a better interview.

Chuck D.- So yeh, Fight the Power?

Thurston M.- Fight the Powers that be!
silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2006, 06:50 PM   #6
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
ah who gives a shit, its an interview... did you really expect anything less? though the guy seemed to know his shit about music in NYC circa late 70's ( referencing Television, Patti Smith, NY Dolls, etc etc) but yeah mentioning MBV as today's hip new rock music was kinda funny but really is it that suprising coming from a 42 yr old DJ on an AM Radio station? blah blah blah rant all you want...and i'll take the rest... nice to hear tidbits of the new tunes and thurston's sarcasm once again.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2006, 12:28 AM   #7
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
That second clip where it cuts off and starts playing another song sounded like teenage riot to me... the first clip, before it cuts off.
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2006, 03:56 AM   #8
Soundtrax
bad moon rising

Soundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's assesSoundtrax kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonikJesus
That second clip where it cuts off and starts playing another song sounded like teenage riot to me... the first clip, before it cuts off.

just to mention, it cuts off because then the comercial break started but i deleted all comercial breaks from the recording
Old 04.09.2006, 05:35 AM   #9
doctor dan
bad moon rising

doctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's asses
i think the interviewer came across as a real moron. he had done no research whatsoever, got the song titles badly wrong, and had no clue about modern music.
Old 04.10.2006, 12:24 AM   #10
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by duderanchnurse
do you believe in rapture: lee's vocals at the beginning of the song !!! sound pretty much like thurston's acoustic version with a regular bassdrum beat...

reena: greeeeeeeeeat !!! goo/dirty songs feeling, very very catchy riff that reminds me "Tuck n'dar" from MADE IN USA strk...

and the sound!!! it has a definitely sear touch. nice they changed studio.

?? I think people are getting the radio dude confused w/ Lee on 'Rapture'...

"unknown song" = Incinerate
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth