Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Which console do I go for?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Decisions, decisions...
Wii 11 40.74%
PlayStation 3 7 25.93%
Xbox 360 9 33.33%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11.19.2008, 10:07 PM   #41
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
I'm having this same dilemma, but it's ps3 vs. 360 for me. (Roommate has a wii). I'm leaning more towards a ps3 because of the infamous 360 breakdowns. But then, a lot of the games i want for ps3 are supposedly inferior to the 360 versions (fallout, gta 4, etc.)...sigh. I'll probably never make a decision.
Old 11.19.2008, 10:10 PM   #42
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
360 is better than the PS3.

It'll only break if you're an ultra-nerd who plays for 12 hours a day non-stop in a poorly ventilated area. The issues regarding it really aren't significant enough to warrant not buying it.
Old 11.19.2008, 10:25 PM   #43
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
ds.

.........The ps3 is easily the worst system out right now and has been for a while. I'm a huge Nintendo fanboy but I gotta say that the 360 seems to have the most great games on it.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2008, 11:06 PM   #44
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
I dont own a current console, just an x box that I dont play anymore.. but if I were buying it'd be a wii. If I wanted to play anything that didn't involve the joy of the wii remote though, I'd buy a 360.

I dunno.. seriously I think all the consoles are lagging a bit and there needs to be a big jump soon in what you get in a console performance wise, esp if you don't mod it. For the most part its really not worth it. Prefer PC.
Old 11.19.2008, 11:16 PM   #45
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
I voted PS3 because it plays the myriad of great PS1 and 2 games...

My PS1 broke last summer, so I think I'll get a PS3 myself.
Old 11.19.2008, 11:29 PM   #46
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
To be totally honest, it's up to the gamer. I mean Wii...well....I think it's garbage. The only games that are good for the Wii are the ones Nintendo makes(mario, brawl, and zelda). I believe the PS3 to have a bit more range than the XBOX though. The PS3, despite it's price, is a fine system. If you're an HDTV user, this is probably the better system because it has Blue ray. XBOX has many exclusive games but they're not that great. However, if you plan on milking the online gaming, I suggest the XBOX. XBL is much better than PSN. PSN is free, but XBL is like $60 a year which is really cheap AND the service totally owns PSN.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2008, 11:30 PM   #47
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
I voted PS3 because it plays the myriad of great PS1 and 2 games...

My PS1 broke last summer, so I think I'll get a PS3 myself.
Don't get a PS3 to play your PS1 and PS2 games. the new PS3's are no longer backwards compatible.
Old 11.19.2008, 11:31 PM   #48
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
360 is better than the PS3.

It'll only break if you're an ultra-nerd who plays for 12 hours a day non-stop in a poorly ventilated area. The issues regarding it really aren't significant enough to warrant not buying it.
(not true)
Old 11.19.2008, 11:32 PM   #49
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
I'm having this same dilemma, but it's ps3 vs. 360 for me. (Roommate has a wii). I'm leaning more towards a ps3 because of the infamous 360 breakdowns. But then, a lot of the games i want for ps3 are supposedly inferior to the 360 versions (fallout, gta 4, etc.)...sigh. I'll probably never make a decision.
PS3 breaks randomly too, mine broke a while ago.
Old 11.19.2008, 11:34 PM   #50
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
The only games that are good for the Wii are the ones Nintendo makes(mario, brawl, and zelda)

It really does come down to this. Nintendo makes the best games around, so if you want the best, EXCLUSIVE games around get a Wii. However, the rest of the system doesn't really have anything to offer.

Again, I'd say just get a DS. Probably the best system ever.

Old 11.20.2008, 10:52 AM   #51
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
with the new update (yesterday), streaming netflix to my 360 is an awesome bonus feature (I couldn't stream to the home_comp because it's a mac). although there are a lot of movies that you can watch instantly, there needs to be more. hopefully, due to xbox demand, netflix will get off their ass and start encoding the entire catalog.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2008, 10:58 AM   #52
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
a lot of Wii games LOOK awesome. But I hate the Wiimote. Hate it. I'm really more of a retro-gamer anyway. If I had a Wii I'd probably only use it for Virtual Console.

I love my PS2, and don't know when I'll ever upgrade from that. I'd easily get a PS3 if they fixed the PS1/PS2 backwards compatibility issues.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2008, 11:04 AM   #53
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Yeah, the PS2, DS, and SNES are the only systems I need.

Old 11.20.2008, 11:07 AM   #54
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
with the new update (yesterday), streaming netflix to my 360 is an awesome bonus feature (I couldn't stream to the home_comp because it's a mac). although there are a lot of movies that you can watch instantly, there needs to be more. hopefully, due to xbox demand, netflix will get off their ass and start encoding the entire catalog.

the Netflix streaming is awesome. I can't believe how good the video quality is.

My 360 is an elite and I've never had breakdown issues that people who bought the system in the first year had.

My games of choice right now are Fallout 3 and Civilization.

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2008, 11:10 AM   #55
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

netflix!

Everyone watch the film "touch me in the morning" on there. You won't be sorry.

Old 11.20.2008, 11:12 AM   #56
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, I'm still pretty wrapped up in fallout 3 too. I'm only level 14 though. I should be further, but I've been down_and_out. I want the new Call of Duty, but I'm suffering peer pressure to re-up WoW...so I just don't know.

I tried to watch Flash Gordon over the xbox last night but it wouldn't work, so I have a feeling it's going to be hit/miss as far as the instant queue goes.
Old 11.20.2008, 11:36 AM   #57
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Yeah, the PS2, DS, and SNES are the only systems I need.

Or PS2 + Snestation
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2008, 11:36 AM   #58
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
yeah, I'm still pretty wrapped up in fallout 3 too. I'm only level 14 though. I should be further, but I've been down_and_out. I want the new Call of Duty, but I'm suffering peer pressure to re-up WoW...so I just don't know.

I tried to watch Flash Gordon over the xbox last night but it wouldn't work, so I have a feeling it's going to be hit/miss as far as the instant queue goes.

Fun game, but unless yer a WWII fanatic it's not that cool. I mean how many games can you honestly make about WWII. I mean it's not like weapons have really changed or anything like that. It's history, graphics are mediocre and gameplay is nothing new. just go back to WoW.
Old 11.20.2008, 11:38 AM   #59
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I love my PS2, and don't know when I'll ever upgrade from that. I'd easily get a PS3 if they fixed the PS1/PS2 backwards compatibility issues.

I kept my PS2, I love it because I"m always goin' back to PS2/1 games. My first PS3 was one that had backwards compatibility, but even then, not all PS2/1 games work on it. I actually might need to get a new PS2, my first gen PS2 is bein' worn out at the moment with my 32874092384750923847539874 FF7 playthrough.
Old 11.20.2008, 11:57 AM   #60
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Fun game, but unless yer a WWII fanatic it's not that cool. I mean how many games can you honestly make about WWII. I mean it's not like weapons have really changed or anything like that. It's history, graphics are mediocre and gameplay is nothing new. just go back to WoW.

yeah that's pretty much my feelings exactly. I played the open beta when it was available, and other than the fact that there are dogs chasing you instead of helicopters, it feels exactly the same. and...I guess I am a WWII buff...sort of...but yr right. it's a genre that's been overdone.

it really just becomes a matter of what group of friends to play with.

the thing about WoW is, I have played it for almost 4 years now. even with an expansion, it too is just the same game with different pixels. I'm also an elitist jerk. people in WoW tend to piss me off more than the 12 year olds in CoD.

where can I find a (multiplayer) game that's fun and not populated with imbeciles?

"but floatingslowly, yr an imbecile too", you say. to which I answer, "fuck yrself".

(this last bit was not directed toward EVOL-g, or anyone else in particular, you pricks.)

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth