Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The Soft Moon
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.01.2011, 06:00 AM   #1
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
For an American band, they sound very 'english', at least to these tired old ears.

It's like someone took Cabaret Voltaire, Joy Division, The Cure, Clock DVA and Bauhaus put them in a blender and seasoned them with a little Jesus and Mary Chain.

I love their album.

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2011, 12:41 PM   #2
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
A lot of bands that have come out of the US over the past several years have sounded very English. It's good to know that a lot of kids in the US were listening to English bands rather than the tired, cliched staple of poodle rawk and grunge acts that the rest of the world think they only ever listen to.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2011, 12:56 PM   #3
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
never heard much about them until i went, thanks to this thread, to youtube and played this . oh my....amazing! i am now hooked and want to know more!
Old 03.01.2011, 02:42 PM   #4
Decayed Rhapsody
the destroyed room

Decayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's asses
This is actually good stuff. I'm gonna check out their record. They don't come across like a corny retro act. Way better than uh, A Place To Bury Strangers and their ilk. I like how there's barely any vocals. If I heard some Ian Curtis wannabe on top I probably wouldn't care for it as much.
Decayed Rhapsody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2011, 04:50 PM   #5
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decayed Rhapsody
This is actually good stuff. I'm gonna check out their record. They don't come across like a corny retro act. Way better than uh, A Place To Bury Strangers and their ilk. I like how there's barely any vocals. If I heard some Ian Curtis wannabe on top I probably wouldn't care for it as much.

The vocals have that reverbed, whispering quality that worked so well for JAMC.
'Parallels' I think is my favourite track.
I found myself singing the lyrics to Bauhaus's 'In the Flat Field' to one of the tracks, and another has a very Joy Division bassline.

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth