Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page married with children still holds up
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.31.2011, 04:13 AM   #1
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

I recently downloaded the whole show (which took forever, there's like 11 seasons and nearly 300 episodes!!!!). Been skimming through random episodes and goddamn this show is gold. This show is hilarious!

Now, Seinfeld is pretty much my favorite sitcom ever (since Mighty Boosh doesn't count as a "sitcom".. right?); Seinfeld is clever as hell and ridiculous, but Married with Children is even more absurd, at times, sometimes even more clever -- and the characters are just as unlikeable (which I think was also Seinfeld's greatest strength: every character is a worthless asshole!!!).

Anyway, comparisons aside, this show was surprisingly sexual for the time it aired on television (well, at the beginning of its run -- by the end of its run, there was sex everywhere on tv). I'm watching one right now where Al fucks Peggy to show the dog how to mate properly. Kelly puts in a piece of toast. They go upstairs to fuck. After the toast pops up, they go downstairs, having just fucked! Haha. He's like a 20 second man.

Uh, anyway, great show.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2011, 04:24 AM   #2
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
I recently watched the episode where Al is building his dream toilet where nobody else got permission to use it...
the themes where so over the top at times in absolutely all directions!!!

best darcy husband was definately Jefferson. he looks like a character out of a cartoon!

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2011, 04:55 AM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Just watched TOP OF THE HEAP. Al is in the episode about 30 seconds. The rest of the episode follows two characters that have never been in any other episode, and doesn't have any other reoccuring character! What's amazing is, the episode still holds up quite well, is hilarious and brilliant even though it has nothing to do with any other episode -- it's like a completely different show in parts.

What other show could get away with an episode like this?!

Old 01.31.2011, 06:26 AM   #4
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
which season / episode?
I am waiting for a phone call and need every time consumer I can get

Old 01.31.2011, 06:40 AM   #5
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

it's called TOP OF THE HEAP, and it's somewhere in the middle of the series I think

Old 01.31.2011, 06:42 AM   #6
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
The writing on that show was really wild, and not in a tacky way like Roseanne after she won the lottery. It almost seems to take place in a parallel trashy cartoonish universe.

A lot of popular American media in the 90s (especially the late 90s) embraced trashy attitudes; Married w/ Children, Roseanne, Jerry Springer, Seinfeld, South Park, Beavis & Butthead, Celebrity Deathmatch... I miss the angsty nihilism of that decade so much. Imagine a guy like Marilyn Manson blowing up the pop charts today. Shit just doesn't happen.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2011, 06:44 AM   #7
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
it's called TOP OF THE HEAP, and it's somewhere in the middle of the series I think

ah crap I wanted to check the german version, which got synchronized in a very good way, which doesnt happened that often. but watched married with children as a youngster already and I am used to the synchro voices. but the episode title translation definately sucks.

will search on.

Old 01.31.2011, 06:45 AM   #8
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
The writing on that show was really wild, and not in a tacky way like Roseanne after she won the lottery. It almost seems to take place in a parallel trashy cartoonish universe.

A lot of popular American media in the 90s (especially the late 90s) embraced trashy attitudes; Married w/ Children, Roseanne, Jerry Springer, Seinfeld, South Park, Beavis & Butthead, Celebrity Deathmatch... I miss the angsty nihilism of that decade so much. Imagine a guy like Marilyn Manson blowing up the pop charts today. Shit just doesn't happen.

Lady Gaga always reminded me of Manson. it wouldnt surprise me if its the same person

Old 01.31.2011, 06:50 AM   #9
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah but underneath the Kermit the Frog dresses, and silly hats... she's just another Britney Spears.

Manson was the fucking antichrist.
Old 01.31.2011, 06:55 AM   #10
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

I was just referring to face features. hahaha
drifted away a bit.
but I agree on you.
waiting for the next clash of mainstream and not-mainstream (<whatever its called nowadays)

Old 01.31.2011, 07:11 AM   #11
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

I remember when I was about 4 years old, Married With Children would come on and my parents would put me to bed. I would always sneak into the hall and watch though. Even when I was little I was a fiend for vulgarity. Kelly Bundy was my first crush. Seriously.

Just look at how grimey, and industrial that logo was...

I FUCKING LOVE IT

But yeah, I can't even watch the intro to the show without thinking of sitting at the end of that hallway.
Old 01.31.2011, 08:29 AM   #12
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses
Oh yeah I love this show! Im pretty much grown up with that stupid show, just to fuckin brilliant!

And Christina Applegate is soo FFFF hot !!!
Pelle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2011, 08:33 PM   #13
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I was watching this show EVERY SINGLE DAY for at least a decade straight until last year they took it off of regular TV because it so saturates cable. and when I watch this show, the WHOLE neighborhood knows because I laugh so hysterically and ostentatiously..

There is no better a show, they take all the things you make fun of in animation, and actually cast real people to do it, essentially a live action animated series. and the acting is almost entirely made of up facial expressions, posturing, mannerisms and gestures. I can't begin to describe highlight moments.. like when they had Jefferson as a spy, pictured with Arafat, or when NOMA'AM had its official beer conference. What about "if you build it, they will come, if you want them to build it for you, press 1" or "[IMG]file:///C:/Users/HABTEK%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]Isis is not rubber, she is breathable latex."

This show had the perfect amount of bitter sarcasm, insightful parody and satire, outlandish Vaudville humor, just low-brow enough to not be low-life motifs, and generally a cartoon like show. Roseanne was too serious, and Unhappily Ever After was too obvious, Married..With Children was just subtle enough and with enough nuances to stand the test of time. It is the ONLY show I can ALWAYS watch, and have memorized every single moment of every episode, and yet can still watch it any time..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2011, 08:44 PM   #14
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Tea Party television.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2011, 08:55 PM   #15
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Tea Party television.

waaaaay off base. this show is way to crude, sexually contrived, and blatantly insulting to be Tea Party.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2011, 09:23 PM   #16
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
RIP Christina Applegate's awesome breasts...
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2011, 09:33 PM   #17
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
RIP Christina Applegate's awesome breasts...

Not as awesome any more though (breast cancer, both removed). I hope she pulls through everything ok in the long run. Looking good so far.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2011, 09:19 AM   #18
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I was watching this show EVERY SINGLE DAY for at least a decade straight until last year they took it off of regular TV because it so saturates cable. and when I watch this show, the WHOLE neighborhood knows because I laugh so hysterically and ostentatiously..

There is no better a show, they take all the things you make fun of in animation, and actually cast real people to do it, essentially a live action animated series. and the acting is almost entirely made of up facial expressions, posturing, mannerisms and gestures. I can't begin to describe highlight moments.. like when they had Jefferson as a spy, pictured with Arafat, or when NOMA'AM had its official beer conference. What about "if you build it, they will come, if you want them to build it for you, press 1" or "[IMG]file:///C:/Users/HABTEK%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]Isis is not rubber, she is breathable latex."

This show had the perfect amount of bitter sarcasm, insightful parody and satire, outlandish Vaudville humor, just low-brow enough to not be low-life motifs, and generally a cartoon like show. Roseanne was too serious, and Unhappily Ever After was too obvious, Married..With Children was just subtle enough and with enough nuances to stand the test of time. It is the ONLY show I can ALWAYS watch, and have memorized every single moment of every episode, and yet can still watch it any time..

Amen to that I can't even remember when I started watching it I just always have. Laugh my ass off at every episode. sometimes it makes me late for work in the morning cause i want to finish watching even though i have already sen it

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2011, 10:05 AM   #19
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
This show, from the same time period, also holds up well:

hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2011, 03:07 PM   #20
Andrés
children of satan

Andrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's asses
There's this episode where Bud and Marcy had an affair, it was hilarious!!! I wish I knew the name of the episode. I downloaded a couple of seasons a few years ago, fun stuff!! sometimes I miss spanish subs but I still get 80% of the jokes

Andrés is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth