Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Unpopular Musical Opinions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.10.2009, 04:08 AM   #1481
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
its not my ability to play guitar that's a hindrance
it's the fact that whats floating around in my head is impossible to transpose onto a standardly tuned guitar, physically...i have to tune my guitar to accommodate the music
Old 07.10.2009, 04:12 AM   #1482
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
you know you don't want it with the hatred incarnate
show me your pussy and watch me vomit on it
the wicked king wicker chew you up like snickers
she looked at me funny got stabbed in the ticker
the trigger is my quick fix to turn off the suck
6 shots equals six brand new holes fuck
she's stuck in the trunk of an old honda civic
turn a born again christian to a dead again cynic
where's your burka, coatrack whore?
i make more enemies than faith no more
you can call it malpractice when I swing the axe
she's more broken up than Discordance Axis
moved away to try to become an actress
ended getting stuffed inside a mattress
some would tell you she was already a mattress
fuck the bombaclaat, lets play hatris

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2009, 05:07 AM   #1483
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
you know you don't want it with the hatred incarnate
show me your pussy and watch me vomit on it
the wicked king wicker chew you up like snickers
she looked at me funny got stabbed in the ticker
the trigger is my quick fix to turn off the suck
6 shots equals six brand new holes fuck
she's stuck in the trunk of an old honda civic
turn a born again christian to a dead again cynic
where's your burka, coatrack whore?
i make more enemies than faith no more
you can call it malpractice when I swing the axe
she's more broken up than Discordance Axis
moved away to try to become an actress
ended getting stuffed inside a mattress
some would tell you she was already a mattress
fuck the bombaclaat, lets play hatris
What's this from?
Old 07.10.2009, 05:47 AM   #1484
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Boredom...

Actual, honest-to-God boredom.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2009, 05:52 AM   #1485
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
i used to shy away from standard tuning, but ive almost completely gone back to it
I used to play in my own made up tunings all the time (sometimes I'd use an SY tuning as well), but I was basically writing not very good Sonic Youth style songs. As I got more into the conventional theory side of music, I began to use standard almost all the time. Now I use key signatures and modulations and other things like that.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2009, 07:14 AM   #1486
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
Taste testing your own urine tastes like wine
Old 07.10.2009, 07:33 AM   #1487
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
foreigners "i wanna know what love is" is as great a song as "be my baby" or "i can't go for that"?

time to reappraise Gary Glitter?

sammy hagar was the best frontman van halen ever had... no fuck it, gary cherone?

U2's forthcoming spiderman musical is going to be Ah-may-ZING!!!

the misfits are waay better without glenn danzig

Funk metal is the only forward thinking genre of music to emerge in the last twenty years

noone really listens to merzbow, they just say they do.
therealglenstyler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2009, 07:44 AM   #1488
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
the clash have exactly two songs.
Old 07.10.2009, 08:47 AM   #1489
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Ol' Dirty BasTURD was a terrible rapper.

it sounds like he's spitting in my ear.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2009, 08:50 AM   #1490
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onani Nic
That's a Kiss song you know.

Here's an unpopular one round here. From 74 til 77 Kiss were one of the greatest rock n roll bands of all time. You name them, Kiss were probably better than them.
Was not aware.
Can't believe I like a Kiss song.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2009, 09:54 AM   #1491
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Rocket Ride
Old 07.10.2009, 11:17 AM   #1492
Newfoundland
bad moon rising

Newfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
Ol' Dirty BasTURD was a terrible rapper.

it sounds like he's spitting in my ear.

I love the first album! Sorry..
Newfoundland is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2009, 11:21 AM   #1493
Newfoundland
bad moon rising

Newfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's assesNewfoundland kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealglenstyler

Funk metal is the only forward thinking genre of music to emerge in the last twenty years

Hahaha!! I agree on forward thinking, but still a terrible,terrible idea.
Newfoundland is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2009, 11:29 AM   #1494
AllHandsOnTheBigOne
children of satan

AllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
noone really listens to merzbow, they just say they do.

I guess that makes me an non-existant.
Old 07.10.2009, 12:28 PM   #1495
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllHandsOnTheBigOne
I guess that makes me an non-existant.

ditto
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2009, 12:46 PM   #1496
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
the clash have exactly two songs.
i hope their two songs are guns of brixton and straight to hell.
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2009, 12:50 PM   #1497
therealglenstyler
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by automatic bzooty
i hope their two songs are guns of brixton and straight to hell.

???? so you're the one that's stealing my thoughts?
Old 07.10.2009, 01:39 PM   #1499
static-harmony
invito al cielo

static-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's asses
I still can't stop listening to Lady Gaga. Say what you say, but she outdid everyone in that genre.

static-harmony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.10.2009, 07:22 PM   #1500
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
^That's what makes it "unpopular"...

As far as standard vs. open/altered tunings, I agree that weird/interesting sounding chords are easier to play in open tunings, but leads are next to impossible.

Also, I've found that playing in altered tunings too much can cause songs to sound alike, especially if you're using drone tunings.
65727374 75 76777885 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth