Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The Unwound appreciation thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.30.2006, 10:13 AM   #21
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
an unwound thread? it's that time of the month again?
girls have periods, guys have different needs.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2006, 10:17 AM   #22
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
sonic youth fans have my bloody valentine/shoegazer, mission of burma and unwound threads.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2006, 04:47 PM   #23
michael71
little trouble girl

michael71 ain't too shabby
Great band. I love Fake Train in particular. I was lucky enough to see them play in a small bar here in Cork, Ireland. I met the band walking down the street too. They asked me where the venue was. I thought that they were fans until they took to the stage!
michael71 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2006, 05:02 PM   #24
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Unwound rule all

My top favorite all time noisy guitar bands

SONIC YOUTH
UNWOUND
DINOSAUR JR
POLVO

I love UNWOUND

My favorites are Fake Train, New Plastic Ideas, Challenge for a Civilized Society, and Leaves Turn Inside You

all ther albums are amazing to me

I got to see them only once, during the LTIY tour, and it was amazing and mindblowing and it made me so happy.

I fucking love unwound.
Old 09.06.2007, 07:11 AM   #25
damaged_drone
empty page

damaged_drone has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
huge fan of swan, lady elect, all souls day etc etc etc

seriously love this band.
damaged_drone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2007, 04:09 PM   #26
mental ray
empty page

mental ray is a jewel in the roughmental ray is a jewel in the roughmental ray is a jewel in the roughmental ray is a jewel in the rough
I've been re-listening to their albums all summer long.They're so underrated it hurts.My favourites are the same as Rob Instigator.I can't stop listening to 'Challenge for a Civilized Society' these days.I was wondering what Justin Trosper has been up to , does anyone know ? I haven't heard about him in something like 3 or 4 years (I'm just having a growing crush on him these days).Also I wanted to ask :

I've heard about an 'Unwound 1991-2091' t-shirt but have never seen an actual one.Was that made up ?

Do the other Unwound related bands sound like them (the 'Young Ginns', 'The Replikants', 'Versus ') ?

I love the way their sound or even Justin trosper's voice evolved ..I mean, some of their first songs really sounded like Rites of Spring ('Warmth Prospect' or 'You Bite My Tongue' especially) and their last album sounded a bit like Mogwai.I just think it's a shame they never got the 'commercial' (for want of a better word) success or recognition they deserved.I just made myself a compilation cd of their songs the other day, it included the followings:

Petals like Bricks
Valentine Card
Sonata for Loudspeakers
For your entertainment
Terminus (that's probably my favourite of theirs along with 'Valentine Card')
Lifetime Achievement Award
The World is Flat
Fingertips
LD Fifty
Seen Not Heard
Torch Song
Dragnalus
Mile me Deaf
Arboretum
Fiction Friction
Abstraktions
Hexenzscene
Data
Lying at Best
Warmth Prospect
You Bite my Tongue
Off This Century
mental ray is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2007, 05:37 PM   #27
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I have Challenge for a Civilized Society and Leaves Turn Inside You. Dig 'em both.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2007, 03:56 AM   #28
sarramkrop

I've never seen what the big deal about this band is. They don't exactly suck but they don't kick ass either. What's the point?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2007, 09:47 AM   #29
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
It still makes me sad to think they aren't playing together anymore. It was a true honor to live in Oly when all of this great stuff was going down and to hang out with and work in the same place with Justin and Vern. They just got better and better, and if they had to stop with a record, I suppose Leaves Turn Inside You was the perfect Coda. I still get kind of bummed out remembering that last show at Thekla though.

I saw Sarah playing drums for Tara Jane O'neil a few weeks ago at the Halleluwah Festival in Portland. It was pretty cool; Ferd the performance artist dancer from Hazel was also in this group. Here's a picture I took with a little bit of Sarah (but mostly her kit) blurred in it:

Definitely a whole new thing for her. And Vern, of course, is now playing bass in Fitz of Depression. I don't know what the hell Justin is doing.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.16.2007, 07:42 PM   #30
auto-aim
the destroyed room

auto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's asses
the thing ive never known is is it un-woo-nd or un-wow-nd. My phonetics arent that good, much like anything... I prefered the former though.

His Naked Torso
auto-aim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.16.2007, 07:48 PM   #31
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
i go with un-wow-nd
very very nice band.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.16.2007, 08:01 PM   #32
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
It sounds like Thurston could have sang "Meet The Plastics."
Old 10.17.2007, 12:16 AM   #33
pbradley
invito al cielo

I choose "Un-woo-nd" over "the past tense and past participle of unwind." It just fits better with their sound.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth