Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Tell us something about how your mind works.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.25.2009, 05:58 AM   #1
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Alternative title: pbradley tries his hand at sway-esque prose

When I was in elementary school, I had a hard time reading on the same level as my fellow classmates. To address this "disability," I transfered into a private school and entered a tutoring program. After a little while, I caught up and, with time, even surpassed many of my peers (at least in English).

Though I thought nothing of it for a long time, my curiosity of this learning abnormality grew as I became more self-reflective. I figured it was somehow related to my abysmal skill at foreign languages. Recently, my mother said that the test indicated that I have a difficult time moving information from my short-term memory into long-term without substantial effort. In practice, my priorities play a pivotal role in my memory which then in turn makes me look like a egotistical douche for not remembering so-and-so's name at a party or predictably one-track if you are aware of my priorities. I have a pre-conscious aversion to retaining "pointless" information. Yet this sounds more like a stereotype of myopic scientists too busy thinking of their study. I can only conclude that I was born a mindless philosopher. Me = fucked.

Care to share your own self-observations? I really do care to read them, I just might fail the exam later on.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2009, 06:18 AM   #2
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Oh man I think about this stuff all the time. Nothing comes to mind just yet but I'll post it when I remember.
Old 03.25.2009, 06:20 AM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I have OCD (according to a psychiatrist's diagnosis of me). That sums up everything.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2009, 09:10 AM   #4
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I am able to transmit and receive neural impulses over vast distances.

all sensorial input is categorized, stored and then cross-referenced. patterns developed from this processing are further analyzed and cross-referenced again against other known quantum nodes (these refined solutions are then used to "wow" apemen with gypsy-style fortune telling).

due to suspected degradation of meat_parts, temporal synchronization of my main processor is often off by +00.1579133754% (shifted forward along the space-time stream). I know what yr going to think before you do.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2009, 09:31 AM   #5
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses
my mind is the product of midget brain people.

█████████ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2009, 11:19 AM   #6
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
phrenology rocks

My mind: pictureless, very systematic
Old 03.25.2009, 11:21 AM   #7
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I've observed that while in elementary school I was extremely talkative with people, to the point of disciplinary action.

I spent every single day of 2nd and 3rd and 4th grade in the principals office for getting my red card pulled (which was the fifth card in the card pulling system) for talking out of turn..

My grades were always high, my test scores even higher, and my interest to learn exceptional. I read endless piles of books, like I do to this day..

HOWEVER!

those motherfuckers broke my socialization skills..
they continually discouraged socializing and talking to strangers and making new friends for me in elementary school so that by middle school I had learned through conditioning just to sit there and be quiet and read my book, and so now as an adult that is what I have learned to do, and making new friends is even a frightening experience sometimes..

I have had to spend my entire adult life recalibrating their brainwash drama and resocializing myself to meet new people..

bastards!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2009, 11:24 AM   #8
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
^^^ friends are overrated. you shouldn't let that bother you.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2009, 11:27 AM   #9
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
^^^ friends are overrated. you shouldn't let that bother you.

not the ones with good curves and nice figures

Old 03.25.2009, 11:46 AM   #10
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
In practice, my priorities play a pivotal role in my memory which then in turn makes me look like a egotistical douche for not remembering so-and-so's name at a party or predictably one-track if you are aware of my priorities. I have a pre-conscious aversion to retaining "pointless" information. Yet this sounds more like a stereotype of myopic scientists too busy thinking of their study. I can only conclude that I was born a mindless philosopher. Me = fucked.

Go careful with this line of thought. I was very similar, but I'm good with names now. That came from working at it, and getting better at building mental emotional relationships to a person (strictly as an object). A lot of people use self-analysis as a caveat for cuntestry, and the truth of the matter is that if you're shit with names, it is something you can work on.

Or, to appeal to your philosopher's side: it's a similar mis-application of a train of thought that can lead from an innocuous appreciation of Heidegger to a plan to exterminate thousands of Jews.

Further: Self-analysis is not even a metaphor for mental masturbation, and we all know wankers go blind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2009, 12:01 PM   #11
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Go careful with this line of thought. I was very similar, but I'm good with names now. That came from working at it, and getting better at building mental emotional relationships to a person (strictly as an object). A lot of people use self-analysis as a caveat for cuntestry, and the truth of the matter is that if you're shit with names, it is something you can work on.

Or, to appeal to your philosopher's side: it's a similar mis-application of a train of thought that can lead from an innocuous appreciation of Heidegger to a plan to exterminate thousands of Jews.

Further: Self-analysis is not even a metaphor for mental masturbation, and we all know wankers go blind.

I am also terrible with names, but that is because I got straight to processing and remembering personality traits, vibes, appearance, small-talk background, chit chatty info etc etc..

in other words, I get to know a person well before I can remember their name, and then I am in some shit, because I know them well aside from their names. There are people that I have known for several years, and quite well at that, but yet can NEVER recall their name.. its bad. I just don't process names very well, you can tell it to me six times and all I'll remember is things you've told me about you, but not your name.

Old 03.25.2009, 12:16 PM   #12
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
i love floslo's new avatar, very relevant.
Old 03.25.2009, 12:20 PM   #13
Kegmama
empty page

Kegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's asses
My mind is turning into kind of a fine, gelatinous, ball of pepper ...
and
I consider myself more ... fucked up than I could ever imagine myself being!

Kegmama is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2009, 12:38 PM   #14
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I am also terrible with names, but that is because I got straight to processing and remembering personality traits, vibes, appearance, small-talk background, chit chatty info etc etc..

in other words, I get to know a person well before I can remember their name, and then I am in some shit, because I know them well aside from their names. There are people that I have known for several years, and quite well at that, but yet can NEVER recall their name.. its bad. I just don't process names very well, you can tell it to me six times and all I'll remember is things you've told me about you, but not your name.

Well, that's probably an act of religious devotion to I-man, surely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2009, 12:50 PM   #15
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
super fast.

when taking the MENSA entrance exams several years back I finished about 20 minutes ahead of everyone and double and tripled checked my tests so as not to embarrass the other smarties.

fo real YO
Old 03.25.2009, 06:15 PM   #16
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
I can never remember what people were wearing unless they're an attractive woman and even then I usually forget.

Yesterday I walked past someone I know, said hello, and something about the way they reacted set me on a path of thought which lead me to believe that it wasn't actually the person I thought it was and that I had just said hello to some random. Turned out it was them.
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.26.2009, 12:23 AM   #17
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
A lot of people use self-analysis as a caveat for cuntestry, and the truth of the matter is that if you're shit with names, it is something you can work on.
Oh yeah, definitely, as my experience has shown me in catching up with my reading so can I in people's names and things. Resting on one's deficits is particularly unhealthy. The second step of self-analysis should always be self-improvement, not self-excuse.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.26.2009, 12:47 AM   #18
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
My head never shuts the fuck up unless I feed it alcohol. Right now my brain is dictating to me gophers and how important it is that I go outside right now not wearing any shoes and dance around in the swirling snow even though I'll probably die but when I almost die I should go inside and stick my feet in the oven.

I don't even remember typing that sentence.
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.26.2009, 01:05 AM   #19
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
...I hope that freaked out at least one person on here, or at least made them question my sanity.
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.26.2009, 01:27 AM   #20
static-harmony
invito al cielo

static-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
...I hope that freaked out at least one person on here, or at least made them question my sanity.

I always question your sanity, but then again I find that normal.

I am the same with TC, my mind is always thinking of stuff, I can remember the most insipid detail of a conversation, scene, or whatever I am doing. I may not remember right away but it will come back.

static-harmony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth