Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.14.2014, 04:43 PM   #4441
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2014, 04:44 PM   #4442
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2014, 05:37 PM   #4443
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Italy scores a goal after being boring for 35 minutes. After several good tries England casually scores one two minutes later to equalize it.

Old 06.14.2014, 05:39 PM   #4444
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
Fuck you Pirlo!
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2014, 05:51 PM   #4445
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh, i'm seeing a BEAUTIFUL game here-- starts measured, picks up gradually, by the end of the first half it's already a screamer.

what genius pirlo letting that ball go to marchisio.

what a great pass from rooney to sturridge, and what a great game is sturridge having so far.

what an incredible play by supermario near the end, and what a great save by… who saved it? right on the line!

this is awesome.

sirigu pretty great on the saves but i think gigi's absence is leaving italy's defense slightly disorganized.

=====

ETA: what a game!

don't feel bad, ingleses! you played a great game. much respect.

& i didn't like the way italy fell back the last 20 minutes but they managed as usual. damn, they are such a team. i get a little tear-eyed watching them.
Old 06.14.2014, 07:33 PM   #4446
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
don't feel bad, ingleses! you played a great game. much respect.

They did, during the first half I wasn't sure if it was England playing that well or Italy playing that bad to let England in it. In the second half when the Italy that tears you up showed up it became clear that England really was just playing a great game.

By the way, like my mang man Pablo Ramirez from Univision says, "There is no crying in soccer my friend."

Old 06.14.2014, 07:37 PM   #4447
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, great game. After watching Uruguay and Costa Rica earlier I'm actually not that bothered about the loss. To qualify we need to beat both of them and I've no reason to think we can't. Uruguay were a massive disappointment, and even if Suarez plays he won't be fully match fit. And we have to believe we can beat Costa Rica.

But yeah, tonight maybe lacked the sheer amazement of the Holland-Spain game but it felt more exciting and in a way credible. Italy did edge it on quality. Chiellini was fantastic at the back for them, and I was impressed with Varatti(sp?). But I also thought Sterling was great for England and Sturridge definitely looks like there's more goals in him. Still not sure about Rooney though. But I said at the beginning that whatever happens results wise, I can't see England embarrassing themselves this tournament.

Bring on Uruguay, with their injured superstars and their bad tempers.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2014, 07:44 PM   #4448
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Yeah, great game.

Yup

Quote:

Uruguay were a massive disappointment

Indeed.

Quote:
And we have to believe we can beat Costa Rica.

If England plays the kind of disciplined and coordinated defense they played today while taking advantage of all shot opportunities like they did. England had the ball about 50% of the time, they took 18 shots, 8 on goal, and really a few were great looks but just booted it too hard..

Careful though, like !@#$%! mentioned, Costa Rica are no saints..

Old 06.14.2014, 07:51 PM   #4449
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yeah, great game. After watching Uruguay and Costa Rica earlier I'm actually not that bothered about the loss. To qualify we need to beat both of them and I've no reason to think we can't. Uruguay were a massive disappointment, and even if Suarez plays he won't be fully match fit. And we have to believe we can beat Costa Rica.

But yeah, tonight maybe lacked the sheer amazement of the Holland-Spain game but it felt more exciting and in a way credible. Italy did edge it on quality. Chiellini was fantastic at the back for them, and I was impressed with Varatti(sp?). But I also thought Sterling was great for England and Sturridge definitely looks like there's more goals in him. Still not sure about Rooney though. But I said at the beginning that whatever happens results wise, I can't see England embarrassing themselves this tournament.

Bring on Uruguay, with their injured superstars and their bad tempers.

i think you guys will make it out of the group easily--and deservedly.

as a neutral party, i wasn't as excited with this as yesterday's great match. but still i thought it was really beautiful.

btw, sturridge was making chiellini suffer. especially in the first half (2nd half italy's defense came back more organized)

and i also think it was chiellini's knee that sent sturridge's hamstring over the edge (he was limping, yeah?)-- that should have been a yellow maybe but then the foul against balotelli should have been one too. so the ref was equally lenient and fair. refreshing!

sterling had a great night too. and he's only 19? STAR.

rooney didn't have such a great night but that goal was half his. such a well-placed ball.

it was great to watch two schools of football battle it out so distinctly. of course you know i love italy's style, especially under prandelli, but england kept trying and made it interesting and it was great.

in the end i think the thing was that pirlo > gerrard. (yes, i exaggerate, but there's something to it). and how brilliant is balotelli when he's not acting like a lunatic? he's extremely smart.

damn, this was so worth the wait.
Old 06.14.2014, 07:54 PM   #4450
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
btw, sturridge was making chiellini suffer. especially in the first half (2nd half italy's defense came back more organized)

Agreed, I think when Sturridge was subbed out it changed the entire flow of the game. It looked like after that hard foul he wasn't the same, hopefully he didn't tweak anything in that knee, he took a hard hit there. In basketball that kind of hit could do you in and he was half limping on it when he walked off the pitch.

Old 06.14.2014, 08:03 PM   #4451
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I been waiting for this Ivory Coast-Japan game ALL FUCKING DAY

Old 06.14.2014, 08:07 PM   #4452
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Diesel, I didn't say it was entirely on luck, but in ALL sports its definitely about using talent and skill to capitalize on lucky breaks, period. Its the fundamental, in fact, ontological reality of sports!

Send that in an email to West Ham, address it to Sam Allardyce. He'll read it and have you headhunted as his personal guru.

"Some fucker finally gets me!"
Old 06.14.2014, 08:18 PM   #4453
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

That goal by Honda was one of the best I've seen in this cup, it wasn't technically brilliant, but it had the force and having been built on that recklessly fast first 15 minutes it was an exclamation point. Japan matches Ivory Coast's athleticism with IQ and precision bursts of speed.

Old 06.14.2014, 08:19 PM   #4454
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

and did I just see some fucking voodoon shit with a dried snakes head thrown on the fucking pitch??? Only in Brazil yo

Old 06.14.2014, 10:01 PM   #4455
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I circled the Ivory Coast-Japan game on my calendar last weekend, I was not disappointed. I think this was the best game second only to the Netherlands beat down on Spain, but since Japan was still in it to the end I rank it better since Spain didn't stand a chance.

Old 06.15.2014, 08:46 AM   #4456
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
it was great to watch two schools of football battle it out so distinctly. of course you know i love italy's style, especially under prandelli, but england kept trying and made it interesting and it was great.

in the end i think the thing was that pirlo > gerrard. (yes, i exaggerate, but there's something to it).

Gerrard only really became a deep-lying playmaker once he became too old for his traditional box-to-box role. He's very good there but it's not natural to him the way it is for Pirlo, who seems almost uniquely born for the job.

But yeah, I loved the two opposing schools thing too. These aren't two great sides but they're very capable ones, with good managers and a nice mix of experience and youth. Holland-Spain was something epic, a game people will talk about for years. That won't happen with the Italy-England game but I somehow thought it was the more all-round satisfying game to watch. Nothing spectacular, no great falls from grace or moments of redemption, no particular wow moments, just a really good evenly matched game of football.
Old 06.15.2014, 09:21 AM   #4457
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I know this was meant for Suchfriends but I agree, any claims that Spain are over are talking bollocks. This particular side may be starting to show its age but the depth of young talent in Spain is ridiculous. I just see this as a bit of a transition for them.

In terms of the WC I think a lot will depend on if Brazil can continue to evolve and what Germany look like. I also think Argentina could have a decent shout, but either way, even this current Spain will be contenders, for sure.

Quote:
We shall see now won't we. Thus far, they aren't showing up. They have a few more games to step it up. I think they're a lock to advance, but that is not much for them now is it.

I'll admit though that I did think the current lineup would be stronger than it maybe is. But a bad night against Holland hasn't suddenly turned the likes of Casillas and Ramos into bad players. Collapses like that happen. Real won this year's CL with many of the same players that Dortmund destroyed the year before. Spain may not be as good as they were but they're far from finished. They may not win the WC this time, or even qualify out of their group, but find me a manager who'd want to face even this Spain side and you'll have found me an idiot.
Old 06.15.2014, 10:21 AM   #4458
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
That goal by Honda was one of the best I've seen in this cup, it wasn't technically brilliant, but it had the force and having been built on that recklessly fast first 15 minutes it was an exclamation point. Japan matches Ivory Coast's athleticism with IQ and precision bursts of speed.

Yeah, fantastic goal. Although fave so far for me is Van Persie's header.
Old 06.15.2014, 10:26 AM   #4459
Johnny "Magic Fingers"
children of satan

Johnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's asses
The god of football commentary in Australia is Les Murray..

Here he lends his considerable pronunciation talents to a local euro-disco tribute to Zinedine Zidine
Johnny "Magic Fingers" is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2014, 12:52 PM   #4460
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Not sure what I thought of the game overall but Switzerlands second goal was fantastic.
173213220221222 223 224225226233273323 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth