Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page how much noise do your neighbours need to make for you to be bothered by it?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.24.2011, 03:52 AM   #21
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
i used to hear on saturday mornings, weird moans.
they sounded like a dog crying to someone having sex.
however, it must be her old mother.

I love you.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2011, 11:17 AM   #22
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I wish I could have explained it to him that way.

Now he knows you're a vampire...
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2011, 11:49 AM   #23
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
I sometimes leave my guitar plugged into my amp and let the feedback ring, it needs to have chorus on it though because for some reason that makes the feedback go insane.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2011, 11:51 AM   #24
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
One thing that always makes me crazy is the neighbor who leaves the TV on all night and I hear the murmuring through the floor/walls. I have come to believe I am more sensitive to low frequencies than most people and the low frequency bass from Souen makes me nuts, I am sitting eating breakfast on the weekend and I feel myself vibrating. Why is that acceptable? Oh because they are immigrant business owners and have no respect for residential tenants. The noise and vibration from Spice Cove and Calcutta keeps me awake until midnight - when they shut down - unless I get wasted and that is not sustainable. Its also not fair. I think I'm going to pass out flyers to bum them out. the City has come out and measured the sound and its above legal but they would have to figure out which restaurants are actually making the noise (this is little india) and the City won't do that. The NYC barking dog ordinance is hilarious. You are allowed to let your dog bark continuously for 10 minutes at a time.

When I livedi n Williamsburg I slept through the garbage trucks so its not just me.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2011, 11:55 AM   #25
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses
Well the appartmentbuilding I live in is very old and made out of thick material. Noise is never a problem. I play loud music everyday and Ive never got a complain, not even after having parties.
Pelle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2011, 12:13 PM   #26
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
One thing that always makes me crazy is the neighbor who leaves the TV on all night and I hear the murmuring through the floor/walls. I have come to believe I am more sensitive to low frequencies than most people and the low frequency bass from Souen makes me nuts, I am sitting eating breakfast on the weekend and I feel myself vibrating. Why is that acceptable? Oh because they are immigrant business owners and have no respect for residential tenants. The noise and vibration from Spice Cove and Calcutta keeps me awake until midnight - when they shut down - unless I get wasted and that is not sustainable. Its also not fair. I think I'm going to pass out flyers to bum them out. the City has come out and measured the sound and its above legal but they would have to figure out which restaurants are actually making the noise (this is little india) and the City won't do that. The NYC barking dog ordinance is hilarious. You are allowed to let your dog bark continuously for 10 minutes at a time.

When I livedi n Williamsburg I slept through the garbage trucks so its not just me.

You might have Bristol Hum. My old house had it. Which was fine, what with actually being in Bristol and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.20.2011, 07:49 PM   #27
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
on the right side next to me there's an older bloke who has the nastiest fucking cough I've heard. Not constant, luckily, but pretty much daily I keep hearing this guy having a fit of violent coughing and I wonder how long till he needs an ambulance.

Aside that it's pretty quiet here.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.20.2011, 08:27 PM   #28
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
it's not the loudness, it's the kind of noise. my neighbor plays pink floyd *every evening* (almost) and it bugs me but we keep it civil. im currently bombarding him back with aphex twin. i am seriously worried that he might be depressed-- pink floyd every night can't be good. especially the horrible "welcooooome toooooo the macheeeeeeeeeen". i think pf croaked after dark side of the moon. anyway, how much does your neighbor have to play pink floyd for you, a complete stranger, to call for an intervention?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.20.2011, 11:11 PM   #29
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
a guy a used to know back home went away for the weekend and left sweet child of mine on repeat on his stereo. his neighbors where not happy bunnies when he came back i can tell you.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.21.2011, 02:22 AM   #30
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Having lived in apartments for the better part of the last 9 years (rented a house for an unfun/brief few months), I handle noise quite well. Walls where I'm currently living are quite thick, and I live on the eighth floor of an 8 story building, so noise is usually at a minimum anyway despite the constant mechanical sounds coming from the elevator which I welcome. It was installed in the 60's and sounds really cool.

Sometimes the neighbors party out on their balcony which is very close to my window (I live in a studio, so only two windows...one in the living area, other in the restroom). It can get a bit excessive by most people's standards, but I don't bitch. Fair enough, as they've never complained about my guitar playing which is horrible by most people's standards.

maybe it's due to me working nights often times as well...being the only person on duty and knowing what it feels like to be the only person in the world at 3 am. Outsider noise at home can have a reassuring effect.
Old 03.28.2011, 02:32 AM   #31
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
horses in my head
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2011, 11:27 AM   #32
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
I couldn't really care less how much noise someone makes.

I'm usually the one being complained about anyway. This one time I borrowed my friend's drumkit and set it up in my garage... my neighbour threatened to punch my parents in the face a few days after.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Derek again.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2011, 11:27 AM   #33
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
^morning.
horses running over my head..

ME TOOO I feel like utter dogshit today

Old 03.28.2011, 12:06 PM   #34
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
the mega idiot woman that lives above me, moves furniture during the night and i used to hear on saturday mornings, weird moans.
they sounded like a dog crying to someone having sex.
however, it must be her old mother.

wow!!!
Old 03.28.2011, 12:38 PM   #35
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
My first place was a duplex with walls made of painted vanilla wafers. My
first neighbors were okay, but the second ones were two young dudes who
played 311 loud at 2/3 in the morning and who once played Bush's
"Glycerine" on repeat. Possibly to piss me off.

Old 03.28.2011, 01:20 PM   #36
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

At the last apartment we had our only neighbor in the building had these fucking yapping ass dogs. Ryan would yell shit at her and turn up the sterio. It's nice in the woods. I feel cramped in an apartment.

Old 03.28.2011, 01:28 PM   #37
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Fucking hillarious. <3 nik

Old 03.29.2011, 11:25 AM   #38
ink.
the end of the ugly

ink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's asses
bass gets me. for the most part Im okay but when I can just feel bass constantly, I get annoyed. It is usually bad music too.
ink. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2011, 01:10 PM   #39
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I tried it, it loses its appeal when it isn't done spontaneously. I used to also leave my guitar and amp running live and hot in between jamming when I would hop outside for a smoke and some fresh air, I loved to just sit there and revel in the blaring feedback and natural harmonics resonating out of my room into the front yard.. so I tried to record it a few times to no avail. The art of this kind of music is in its spontaneous creation, it can never be contrived for it truly to work..

haha, simply beautiful. I can only imagine my attempt at a feedback loop and the methods my neighbor under me takes to stop it. He's commonly banging on the wall to halt the sounds of my acoustic guitar, and with the power boxes at his disposal, I'm sure he'd shut our power off like he's threatened with feedback.

My place too has people above me that sound like they're moving furniture at 1 in the morning. There's also barbaric gasps but more like when two people are fighting than having sex. One day I'll record it and play it back at them.
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2011, 01:21 PM   #40
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i wanna hear more about the dog-fucking grandma who lives above nefeli's apartment. hey, it's amost right out of greek mythology-- but you can't easily find bulls in the city these days, so now it's a dog!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth