Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page what are you listening to?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.22.2015, 05:02 PM   #46661
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
if one should only speak when uttering original thoughts then everyone needs to shut the fuck up right now and then forever

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2015, 05:06 PM   #46662
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
If you like the Beach Boys, then you'll love....

It's like X meets Y.

The rhythms are angular. The guitars are sinewy.

It's the best album of the year.

Their entire career has been leading to this point.

Majestic.

If you don't love this, check for a pulse!

Rocks so hard, it could wake the dead!

Instant classic. (<--------my personal fav)
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2015, 05:19 PM   #46663
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
There's this new thingumybob called The Googles - you can just drag and drop the image into this page and you'll most likely know what the dealie-o is. Yes, it's nice when the post includes a comment about the record, as long as it's AN ORIGINAL THOUGHT (the rarest element in the universe) AND NOT SOME EXCRUCIATINGLY ENDLESS GODDAMN BABBLE WHICH DOES NOT CONTRIBUTE JACK SHIT TO ANYTHING.

Make every sentence matter in order to make a compelling point and then I'll give a flying fuck. Probably.

You must be very disappointed by everything you've ever read, then.

I'm kinda getting that want your posts to read like experimental research reports, yes? Just hard numbers? Death to nuance, subtlety, etc. Just write the bare minimum, but do so while also reading your mind and catering to your opinion of what counts?

Maybe you should be a statistician. They tend to be excellent reporters, and very efficient writers.

But they're terrible creative writers, and even worse improv partners... can't do adlibs for shit. Oh, and you're more likely to get an "original thought" from an oyster.

Also- you seem to be on quite a tight schedule to be so infuriated by "excruciatingly endless babble." A good way to avoid wasting valuable time, and not contributing jack shit to anything is to NOT whine and complain and "YELL" and kick and stomp and throw temper tantrums... y'know?

I really don't understand why the Internet Asshole is still a thing in 2015. Must be a scavenger. Or possibly a parasite that feeds off of the shit we talk when we forget that we're not in high school anymore.

You're better than this SoupNazi.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2015, 05:48 PM   #46664
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
status update: in caffeine withdrawal

just before anyone things i'm picking on this thread, i have the same problem with the movie thread-- people post pictures of movies they apparently have seen. no comment, no explanation, nothing. i don't see the point.

my response to such posts usually tends to be something along the lines of "so how was it?"

cuz otherwise it would just be "oh look, you posted a picture!"

i mean, when you bring up a movie with your friends it's usually to talk about it and have fun doing that. otherwise it's just like the "did you read it" skit in portlandia.

status update: wanting a beer

status update: thinking about portlandia

https://youtu.be/6JLWQEuz2gA

well at least he says "did not like the end of it"

(and i did not like the end of that either)
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2015, 06:03 PM   #46665
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
You must be very disappointed by everything you've ever read, then.

I'm kinda getting that want your posts to read like experimental research reports, yes? Just hard numbers? Death to nuance, subtlety, etc. Just write the bare minimum, but do so while also reading your mind and catering to your opinion of what counts?

Maybe you should be a statistician. They tend to be excellent reporters, and very efficient writers.

But they're terrible creative writers, and even worse improv partners... can't do adlibs for shit. Oh, and you're more likely to get an "original thought" from an oyster.

Also- you seem to be on quite a tight schedule to be so infuriated by "excruciatingly endless babble." A good way to avoid wasting valuable time, and not contributing jack shit to anything is to NOT whine and complain and "YELL" and kick and stomp and throw temper tantrums... y'know?

I really don't understand why the Internet Asshole is still a thing in 2015. Must be a scavenger. Or possibly a parasite that feeds off of the shit we talk when we forget that we're not in high school anymore.

You're better than this SoupNazi.

This is an egregious misreading of what I said and a truly warped vision of the relation between depth and length. But you're kinda right in the sense that I should know better: never to engage proves once again to be the best policy.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 05.22.2015, 06:29 PM   #46666
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
This is an egregious misreading of what I said and a truly warped vision of the relation between depth and length. But you're kinda right in the sense that I should know better: never to engage proves once again to be the best policy.

i'm curious as to why you had to try & shit on him in the first place.

genteel death i understand-- he has his moods.

but were you two feuding previously or something?

(i do remember after our zeppelin discussion you complained of the blabla as if it was bad, but i don't remember you insulting anyone before)

ANYWAY

it's friday night and i best fuck off.
Old 05.22.2015, 06:50 PM   #46667
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
but were you two feuding previously or something?

Feuds are for douchebags like the Gallagher brothers or... I dunno, Taylor Swift vs Katy Perry or some such bullcrap.

Old 05.23.2015, 12:14 AM   #46668
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Narcissism, a sickness of our time.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2015, 01:09 AM   #46669
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

rebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's asses
all depressed and shit hunched over sitting on a log. muthafucka be lookin like Kermit da Frog and sheit. bahahaha!!!

sheeeitt!! dat nigga fuked up.
rebeccagotcursedout is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2015, 02:18 AM   #46670
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses

[word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word]

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2015, 07:12 AM   #46671
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

genteel death i understand-- he has his moods.

You're missing the point. I genuinely think Severian's music writing is rubbish and pretentious. I don't have a problem with people writing their thoughts on the music they are listening to at all . Why would I?
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2015, 07:14 AM   #46672
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses

Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2015, 07:58 AM   #46673
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
You're missing the point. I genuinely think Severian's music writing is rubbish and pretentious. I don't have a problem with people writing their thoughts on the music they are listening to at all . Why would I?

i never meant that wasn't your honest opinion-- it's just how you gave it to him both barrels that sounded.. very impatient.

everyone else just took the chance to gang up on him afterwards-- in the name of autism, or who knows what.
Old 05.23.2015, 08:24 AM   #46674
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i never meant that wasn't your honest opinion-- it's just how you gave it to him both barrels.

everyone else just took the chance to gang up on him afterwards-- in the name of autism, or who knows what.
I think this started to go to odd direction after Severin started defense himself after Genteelīs comment. I think the original issue was is Severin good critic or not. And because Genteel, I & Soup were thinking he might not, this seemed to be very narcissist insult to him. I think there is nobody whoīs asked him to stop writing in SYG. Hey really, if he wants to become a critic what he cares about what somebodies saying in SYG? I still thinks he might not be a good critic, but there are really bad critics already in the music magazines etc.

And I havenīt been in any gang ever in SYG. I very rare even read Severians posts, because we have very different music taste mostly. The reason of my comment is that he generalises seventies music when remembering there only the Who, Beefheart, Stooges, Bowie, Zeppelin, Floyd & some after `76 stuff. If he really want to become a good critic, I think he should listen much more seventies & sixties music. But that just my opinion, I can believe there are critics who knows only 1990-2010 music.

And what I think honestly is great in Severian is his enthusiasm of music. I love also the music I listen passionately. I think itīs not bad think if this kind of thing will be more in SYG. And you cynical bastards who think I am naive, you can kiss my ass.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2015, 08:45 AM   #46675
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
I think this started to go to odd direction after Severin started defense himself after Genteelīs comment. I think the original issue was is Severin good critic or not. And because Genteel, I & Soup were thinking he might not, this seemed to be very narcissist insult to him. I think there is nobody whoīs asked him to stop writing in SYG. Hey really, if he wants to become a critic what he cares about what somebodies saying in SYG? I still thinks he might not be a good critic, but there are really bad critics already in the music magazines etc.

And I havenīt been in any gang ever in SYG. I very rare even read Severians posts, because we have very different music taste mostly. The reason of my comment is that he generalises seventies music when remembering there only the Who, Beefheart, Stooges, Bowie, Zeppelin, Floyd & some after `76 stuff. If he really want to become a good critic, I think he should listen much more seventies & sixties music. But that just my opinion, I can believe there are critics who knows only 1990-2010 music.

And what I think honestly is great in Severian is his enthusiasm of music. I love also the music I listen passionately. I think itīs not bad think if this kind of thing will be more in SYG. And you cynical bastards who think I am naive, you can kiss my ass.

i think you misunderstood the expression "gang up", but language barriers aside, that's a good answer
Old 05.23.2015, 12:33 PM   #46676
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Honestly what pissed me off is that I never said I was good at writing about music. I actually expressed a sincere disgust for the generic nature of my write-ups. I need re-read anything O write about music and think, "damn, that's good stuff!"

And I made that clear. I didn't defend my "music writing." I actually said NO ONE was defending it, and in about 3 seconds I'm going to mention (for the third time) that I actually used the word "hate" to express my feelings about things I wrote regarding Knxwledge. So... There's really no reason for anything more to be said. The fact that people are still making snide remarks just makes it seem like I'm surrounded by people who luxuriate in Internet "flame wars."
Old 05.23.2015, 12:54 PM   #46677
Severian
invito al cielo

Genteel Death does, of course, seem to genuinely enjoy just talking shit and saying negative things without provocation and for no reason. He told me once that he didn't have a "problem with me" (wow, thanks so much for congratulating yourself by assuming that I care), and that he "just likes fucking with me" or some such.

All he had to do was plant a seed, and sit back and watch while others, with whom I've never had so much as a disagreement, practically line up to water the fucker for him.

Mortte, Soup Nazi, whoever else left all reason in their other pants and followed Genteel's lead... You lot are *never* this bloodthirsty. Nobody on SYG is, except for Mr. Death, who's just bored and never outgrew the impulse to point at people and laugh.

I like this board because very few people here get their kicks by shitting on others.

But I don't care if anyone thinks my writing is bad. Say it, if you must, and then shut up. And watch out for assholes who are just trying to stir the pot. Ugliness is ugliness, wherever it takes place. Fighting is stupid, and "ganging up" on people is shameful.

Now for fuck's sake, can we just talk about what we're listening to?
Old 05.23.2015, 01:13 PM   #46678
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest

[word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word] [word]
dammit man... needs punctuation!
Old 05.23.2015, 01:20 PM   #46679
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses

Van Halen - Tokyo Dome Live in Concert (2015)

Original lineup. Technically proficient, morally odious people making thumping songs about fucking. Although there are important differences, it kept reminding me of Led Zep.

I'll give it to Eddie: his playing was/is massively influential. The wankery is mostly not for me, but millions choose to differ.

I wish I liked more than three songs. Seems like a fun band.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2015, 01:42 PM   #46680
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
[IMG]Technically proficient, morally odious people making thumping songs about fucking.
i think the original meaning of the 40's slang term "rock'n'roll" was actually "fucking," and this music at its root was supposed to awaken all kinds of lower instincts, with pedophiles like jerry lee lewis and elvis presley among its earlier stars, but you're right, in the post-minor-threat era they're dinosaurs-- good for places like biker bars maybe.

wait, this is a 2015 album?

i'm gonna play it on spotify due to a case of terminal curiosity

ps- i'm in the first minute of it. starts very boring. sounds horrible. turning it off now.

pps- my wife just walked in and asked "what was that horrible music?" ha ha ha
1834223422842324233123322333 2334 233523362337234423842434 > »
-->

All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth