Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page discussion about time, does time exist?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.21.2012, 09:13 PM   #141
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
You scientific empiricists are so very British that its adorable

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.27.2012, 09:46 PM   #142
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I like to think of time as a physical dimension, much like length, width, and height. We can't understand it because we don't know what it would look like, but I like to imagine that if you had the ability to see it as it truly is, you could see the beginning and end of an object in time just as you could see it in space. Kind of like how the aliens in Slaughterhouse Five saw humans, like big caterpillars with a baby form at one end, an old man at the other, and every stage in between... in between. Except not so literal in a way that we can understand. Like you could see a chair sitting in a room; you could see how tall it was, how long it was, how deep it was, and it's entire duration.

Something like that anyway.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2012, 03:08 AM   #143
dale_gribble
100%

dale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's asses
you just blew my fucking mind, however i am a simpleton.

dale_gribble is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2012, 10:05 AM   #144
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
i sort of hate Cixous for writing Hyperdream.
i always wanted to write smth about time and she has written things i would, in the first pages of this book.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2012, 12:13 PM   #145
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
i always wanted to write smth about time and she has written things i would, in the first pages of this book.

I love any book dealing with time, I will check that out.

Although I will admit, that's not why I'm replying to you. Here is why: Do you seriously have over 2 billion posts? There is no way. Error? Manipulation? Have you actually figured out how to configure time to meet your petty message board needs? I'm dumbfounded.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2012, 12:41 PM   #146
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
no, of course i dont seriously have that many posts.

time consumes my thoughts in ways way far from a message board.
do read Cixous. Hyperdream is not exactly about time though. but she is brilliant and you will like her. of course i read her in english translations, unfortunately i dont know french.
Old 12.28.2012, 12:49 PM   #147
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

do it anyway.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2012, 12:54 PM   #148
Nefeli
invito al cielo

yes, thanks. i should.
i should had taken notes of random ideas i have had, because if i just think about it, its all blurry.
Old 12.28.2012, 12:57 PM   #149
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
yes, thanks. i should.
i should had taken notes of random ideas i have had, because if i just think about it, its all blurry.
DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN
Old 01.02.2013, 08:18 AM   #150
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
you can also see it like this
what happens inside the brain?

7 billion brains from the same DNA group

7 billion variants of IQ

ok now what we all know today with evidence
is that these 7 billion brains are 98% chimpansee simular in DNA and in behaviour most close to bonobo's

now think that you apply for a job

you take your resume with you where sez
-DNA 98% chimpansee simular
-bonobo behaviour

?

do you think you gonna get the job?

belibe me everyone who you gonna see or hear in your life has that resume
including the one you see in the mirror

well everyone who has a job has that resume but not writting in that reality
-don't ask don't tell- has a funny after taste
after people got bored and start to witchhunt gays in the army

anyway

the piont is what happens in the brain?

as all brains are universal
so are they also part of all lifeform

simularity is the key of universal life

lifeforms are simply bio-activity of braincells and brain nerves transporting blood to different parts of the brain

the essential brainworks of an animal

if human meets modern technology it also meets the information it gives
this can be of the micro cosmos, kwantums or macro cosmos, galaxy's and solarsystems

my animal brainsystems don't supplie systems that can read this information
i'm not born to recieve input from modern information
my brain has it's devellopments set on finding food and walking on 2 legs in this set of evolution
that is what my natural birth is designed for adapted to to stay alive

we are also humans that made tools that give us this information
the truth stays that our brains are not made to have that input
because the survival strategy of billions of years of evolution is focused on food

so humans have to make clear, that is what i find and think, that there is a difference in the brain

the basic universal bioactivity of the brain
and the information that it can recieve in these days of modern technology are two different things

the human brain has no place to recieve that information
and from there that most humans find it difficult to even imagine how big the universe is
simply because our bio-activity inside the brain is not develloped in that way

this gives then the option to the human to hold this modern information in the memory part of the brain where there this information can be used
for example finding complex medication to stop a deadly virus

i know it is very difficult and complex sometime if you speek about the brain and how it works
gast30 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.02.2013, 09:42 AM   #151
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
what i want to say is that in our origin we don't have it

we don't have this acces to this modern information

all other animals on this planet don't have this acces

humans can live like animals perfectly like they did before the human started to walk
the basic bio-activity of brain

humans survive perfectly without this modern information because they have their natural survival strategy

if chimpansees and bonobo's can survive/exist without modern information, so can humans live that basic

if humans today with their moderntechnology, computers, internet, spacestation want to speak about the information age

if people want to speak like that then i find that they also need to be correct on all the information out there recieved from the use of modern technology

we all have a natural intrest for the world around us
other animals have this too

and so along the way of stonetool makers to modern technology
different stages of human intellectual capability
Old 01.02.2013, 10:31 AM   #152
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
There exists a part of the human brain, not fuond in other animal's, which is purely related to language cognition. That shit is dope.

does not make us BETTER than other animals though, for they have parts of their brains which let them sense sonar signals, or electrical impulses, or see in ultraviolet, or even telepathy, whio knows?
Old 01.02.2013, 12:25 PM   #153
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Time is the dimension that allows for change.

Change is the one constant in the Multi-verse.

Time rules. Without Time everything would happen instantaneously. The Diamond Sea would be all of one picasecond long!
Old 01.02.2013, 01:12 PM   #154
gast30
invito al cielo

it is also so mr robert shrunk that everyone is born with what nature give you
some have more iq then others
also conditions where the child grows also decides how the brain devellops

what is born is good, leave nature like it is
humans don't need to win from nature , win from life
Old 01.02.2013, 01:58 PM   #155
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I have always thought you were pro-Euro. Admittedly, that may be due to my own insistence at lumping those from the United Kingdom in with the rest of the unwashed and terribly smelly Eurobeasts.

Lately, I've been trying to temper my disdain toward them; mostly due to the rapidly approaching TIME of my own inclusion in The Commonwealth.

God Save the Queen.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.02.2013, 02:13 PM   #156
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
ps: lol@diminution.
Old 01.02.2013, 02:24 PM   #157
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I have always thought you were pro-Euro. Admittedly, that may be due to my own insistence at lumping those from the United Kingdom in with the rest of the unwashed and terribly smelly Eurobeasts.

Lately, I've been trying to temper my disdain toward them; mostly due to the rapidly approaching TIME of my own inclusion in The Commonwealth.

God Save the Queen.

poor robert is just talking to a narcissistic nutjob on the false assumption that he's actually being heard out (he isn't, of course). he's got a point at least about the french though-- as far as i understand, it's very much like that (the state harvests the top achievers).

anyway, all this talk and announcements of ostralia this and ostralia that but nothing happens-- when will you finally GTFO of 'Merica?

it's not that we need you gone of course, but it would be nice to see you write about a different subject, like, the actual (not imagined) taste of kangaroo taco.

so-- when?

anyway, back later to discuss broca, etc.
Old 01.02.2013, 02:53 PM   #158
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
TO FUCK WITH SCIENCE!!! SCIENCE IS THE ENEMY OF PREJUDICE, AND PREJUDICE IS SO MUCH FUN!!!

No, traveling is the enemy of prejudice, the sad reality is plenty of scientists and science-minded folks are as bigoted and prejudiced as anyone else. Science doesn't negate prejudice, in fact, sometimes it has the propensity to enforce it by pseudo-intellectual superiority complexes (e.g. Richard Dawkins crowd)..

As to time, none of us experience time. Scientifically or philosophically time is something the human mind avoids because it is completely outside of human control. The mind is great at measuring things and at complaining, so it prefers to dwell in the memories of the past, and the fears/fantasies of the future, where the mind has TOTAL control. Time only actually exists in the present moment, and the nature of the reactionary human brain is to exist a split-second after the present moment has already past. Spiritual practices are to tune the brain through experience to live in the present moment as it exists, and not to dwell in the past or the future. Only God exists in the past and the future, we do not, neither do our brains. So time for us in all intent and purpose doesn't even exist.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.02.2013, 03:07 PM   #159
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

I just thumb-typed a multiple-paragraph reply, only to have it lost to TIME.

will have to wait A FEW HOURS before I do it again...
Old 01.02.2013, 03:23 PM   #160
gast30
invito al cielo

accidentally write your name wrong
no disrespect, find it intresting to hear your thoughts

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth