Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Artwork with pictures and drawings on top
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.15.2011, 09:53 AM   #1
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
Hey all
sorry haven't been around here too much but have been browsin'...
Have heard about the terrible news of Thurston and Kim splitting up....

Apart from that, i hope everybody 's been good

I'm currently looking for CD/LP artwork of just any band that is based on one photograph in the background and then "line" drawings on top of the photograph.
Looking for examples as i'm having someone cool (from this forum actually) do the artwork for my new LP (released on sexy wax by the way, will tell more when completely finished and available).

Anyway, post away examples of that kind of artwork if you see what i mean...

Thanks in advance and don't do anything i wouldn't do
Old 10.15.2011, 01:07 PM   #2
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
I occasionally do stuff like that with my pictures and drawings. You, need to be more specific, and perhaps post some of your music as well. First thing that came up to my mind is a certain style that I've seen on, say, one Eat Skull 7''which came out a while ago.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2011, 01:52 PM   #3
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
ok i did not explain well, then. I do already have somebody that is currently working on this artwork. I need you people to find examples of already existing artwork of just any band just to fuel my (and his) imagination. One photoraph in the background with some 'line " drawing on top of it.

I have this idea from the start but i can't think of any good example to show my designer...
I only need you to post already existing artwork of covers that used the same idea.
The fact that it's not easy to find shows it might be a good/original idea. I have lots of cds/lps but none really shows the kind of artwork i have in mind...
That's why i'm asking.
Old 10.15.2011, 02:57 PM   #4
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
You're not getting me, I think. I know you're not looking for someone to design the cover for your record. You already pointed that out in your first post. What I'm trying to find out is more specifics on the requirements. Is this meant to be a colour picture? B&W? Any point of reference which gel with the music tou're playing? That sort of thing. There are tons of examples for what you seem to be asking for.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth