Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page i just got NYCG&F and i fucking love it
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.15.2006, 03:05 PM   #21
dark globe
empty page

dark globe has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
fucked up in cleveland

the title track still blows me away everytime i hear it.
and nevermind, amazing.
second only to WM.
dark globe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2006, 12:54 PM   #22
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
I don't like the record very much (except for the title track).
Torn Curtain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2006, 01:43 PM   #23
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
oh... this album is just pure gorgeous bliss...
Meet me on the corner
Thursday
Wear your
Special
Underwear
Sway side 2 side
Automatic
Special
Underwear

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2006, 02:11 PM   #24
Fox
the destroyed room

Fox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's asses
It's actually one of my favorites Sonic Youth records

Noisejob
Fox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2006, 03:47 PM   #25
fullchromelogic
little trouble girl

fullchromelogic kicks all y'all's assesfullchromelogic kicks all y'all's assesfullchromelogic kicks all y'all's assesfullchromelogic kicks all y'all's assesfullchromelogic kicks all y'all's assesfullchromelogic kicks all y'all's assesfullchromelogic kicks all y'all's assesfullchromelogic kicks all y'all's assesfullchromelogic kicks all y'all's assesfullchromelogic kicks all y'all's assesfullchromelogic kicks all y'all's asses
as well you should love it.
it's fuckin redunkulously kickass
fullchromelogic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2006, 03:54 PM   #26
huoxito
little trouble girl

huoxito is just really nicehuoxito is just really nicehuoxito is just really nicehuoxito is just really nicehuoxito is just really nice
NYC Ghosts & Flowers became a sonic epic ... along with Diamond Sea
and yeah NYC is fucking great .....
huoxito is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2006, 04:03 PM   #27
rjonnz
empty page

rjonnz chews with a vagina dentata
it's my 7 year-old son's favorite album ever, and it was my most-listened to of 2004.
rjonnz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2006, 04:18 PM   #28
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
it's an acquired taste. if you don't like it now, try again; you will.

honestly, i think streamxsonik subway is among the most underrated sy songs of all time. you have to have been on a nyc subway and felt the chaos of people rushing in and out, the incredible speed with which the trains whip about, and the monotonous screeching of the wheels to really get the song, but when you have you know that the song captures the experience perfectly.

not to be an elitist ass, but i pine for the days when sy was this inaccessible to the layman, when they were this . . . weird.
qprogeny79 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2006, 04:45 PM   #29
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjonnz
it's my 7 year-old son's favorite album ever

are you serious? haha that is so cool.

Free City Rhymes is the best. THE BEST
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2006, 07:58 PM   #30
DoubleNickels
bad moon rising

DoubleNickels ain't too shabby
NYC Ghosts and Flowers I think is one of my favourite albums. I just remember picking it up and being hesitant of listening to it, but it fucking clicked RIGHT AWAY. I just remember going "Wow, SY is awesome, but I wish there was something that sounded different, don't really know how to put my finger on it..." and NYCGandF was the sound I was looking for. I love it so much I bought the shirt with the Empire State Building on the front and "NYC Ghosts and Flowers"on the back.

NYC G+F needs to be played on tour this year. Come on guys. Surprise us and give Lee and awesome song.
Old 04.16.2006, 07:58 PM   #31
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Haven't heard it.
Old 04.17.2006, 07:28 AM   #32
diamondsea
little trouble girl

diamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's assesdiamondsea kicks all y'all's asses
Death poems for the livin' gods of America

Great masterpiece, one of my fav
A mystic album, something reminds me the athosphere of Bad Moon Rising, don't know how
diamondsea is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2006, 11:28 AM   #33
elder18
empty page

elder18 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Honestly, the production is really bad;
The songs themselves sound like the post-marijuana musings of college kids;
And the album art is pretty tacky too.
This, along with Thousand Leaves, are the dark days of SY for me.
Thank god for Murray Street!
Old 04.17.2006, 11:31 AM   #34
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
I think "Murray Street" is more simplistic than "NYCG&F". Not that that's a bad thing, but I dig "NYCG&F" just a little more than "Murray Street". Just by a hair.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2006, 12:20 PM   #35
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
fuckin love this album, down to the Borroughs Cover.. pure class...

Hey do any of you freaks here ever remember Lenny??
Old 04.17.2006, 12:25 PM   #36
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
"Lightnin', Lightnin' strikes me down"
-Kim Gordon
-George Carlin
Old 04.17.2006, 02:18 PM   #37
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by qprogeny79
honestly, i think streamxsonik subway is among the most underrated sy songs of all time. you have to have been on a nyc subway and felt the chaos of people rushing in and out, the incredible speed with which the trains whip about, and the monotonous screeching of the wheels to really get the song, but when you have you know that the song captures the experience perfectly.

nice one
(hopefully i'll have a chance to experience NY...i want it badly)

bought new speakers so i'm going album by album, momentally nyc ghosts is spinning and it's goood.
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2006, 02:25 PM   #38
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
There's some great shit on that album. I love Renegade Princess
Old 04.17.2006, 02:27 PM   #39
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
when i first heard it i thought it was horrible. it took me about a year to fall in love with it.
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2006, 02:29 PM   #40
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

"Reneaged Princess" is a classic track. I think it's one of the best songs of the 21st Century.
-George Carlin

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth