Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.23.2019, 05:32 AM   #23621
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
That's fair. I'm a fan but I respect that even people open to art cinema can have a hard time with him, and even I'd admit he may be more noted for individual moments in his films than for their overall affect: the final scenes in L'Eclisse; the beach scene in Red Desert, the deserted village in L'Aventurra, the climax of (the otherwise awful) Zabriskie Point, etc.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2019, 08:53 AM   #23622
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses

ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2019, 09:17 AM   #23623
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo

so how was the movie
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2019, 09:28 AM   #23624
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
hahahah!
Old 02.25.2019, 10:48 AM   #23625
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
so how was the movie

Wait, who’s the islamopbobe and who’s the dick-flasher?

I honestly know nothing about this movie aside from the basic premise and something about Viggo Mortensen dropping the N-bomb in an interview.

I’m just glad Black Panther didn’t win. Because fuck that shit. That movie was just OK and everyone goddamn knows it.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2019, 11:17 AM   #23626
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian

I honestly know nothing about this movie aside from the basic premise and something about Viggo Mortensen dropping the N-bomb in an interview.

I’m just glad Black Panther didn’t win. Because fuck that shit. That movie was just OK and everyone goddamn knows it.
doesn’t matter

a cis white male millionaire thief brought you the news

and didn’t black panther win costumes? so i read this morning
Old 02.25.2019, 11:24 AM   #23627
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

shit nephew, Black Panther was a better Avengers movie than any of the previous ones! hahahah.

I am glad it won for costuming. them shits were amazing. I am SO fed up with endless films about British inbred pederast royals and their tought times and their fucking bullshit.

we are a country that took a HEAPING HUGE SHIT on the british royal assholes specifically and the entire idea of monarchy generally, yet the oligarchy tries to shove the idea of Royals/aristocracy as if it was something we miss fondly. fuck their lies.

fuck their inbred Huguenot fuckfaces.
Old 02.25.2019, 11:41 AM   #23628
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
shit nephew, Black Panther was a better Avengers movie than any of the previous ones! hahahah.

I am glad it won for costuming. them shits were amazing. I am SO fed up with endless films about British inbred pederast royals and their tought times and their fucking bullshit.

we are a country that took a HEAPING HUGE SHIT on the british royal assholes specifically and the entire idea of monarchy generally, yet the oligarchy tries to shove the idea of Royals/aristocracy as if it was something we miss fondly. fuck their lies.

yeah i hated the whole royal family business. like the science sister who invents everything, runs schools in oakland, everything. only the aristocracy matters, lol (just like star wars).

i lost track at huguenot bit though
Old 02.25.2019, 11:58 AM   #23629
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Bullshit. Black Panther wasn’t even the best Marvel movie of the year.
Nice atmosphere and stuff, cool idea to pace the narrative around Killmonger’s arc, but it was just fuckin’ Rocky. It was SO BASIC, aside from the Killmonger childhood stuff.

T’Challa was portrayed better in Civil War, which was a better movie. In BP, whatshisname was wooden as hell on the acting front.

The fact that it had a kickin’ (but not amazing) soundtrack doesn’t make it good. Neither does the fact that there is cultural significance — which I wholly support and am profoundly happy about — but still... it was just OK. It was not a better film than many of the other films in similar genres that have not received Best Picture nominations. I won’t go into which films I’m talking about (*cough* bladerunner2049andthatoneheathledgerchristianbalem ovie *cough*)

But it was fine. Whatever.
Old 02.25.2019, 12:01 PM   #23630
Severian
invito al cielo

Wait, I can’t tell if you liked it or didn’t like it now that I re-read your post.

It’s all about royalty and aristocracy, just black aristocracy, and royalty learning lessons and possessing a conscience a la King Arthur. It’s basicaly just King Arthur meets Rocky as directed by Ryan Coogler.

And those CGI fights are going to look SO BAD in like 15 minutes. Like fucking cartoons.

Practical FX have feelings too.
Old 02.25.2019, 12:45 PM   #23631
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I liked Black Panther as escapism entertainment. fun as fuck.

I could give a shit about the royalty crap in Black Panther.. that outdated shit needs to go.
Old 02.25.2019, 12:46 PM   #23632
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:

I could give a shit about the royalty crap in Black Panther.. that outdated shit needs to go.
yes man but where are the hughenots!
Old 02.25.2019, 02:38 PM   #23633
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:

Well if you think it needs to go, you give a shit. But yah whatever
Old 02.25.2019, 02:41 PM   #23634
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I will re-phrase..

the extermination of all royalty/aristocracy and all religion is the only thing that will save humanity as a whole from self-extinction.
Old 02.25.2019, 02:57 PM   #23635
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
I will re-phrase..

the extermination of all royalty/aristocracy and all religion is the only thing that will save humanity as a whole from self-extinction.

That’s not really a rephrase. That’s more of a new, different point. But ok, so you give a shit about it and are just ignoring it in Black Panther.

Just failing to see how it’s a problem for you general and in film narratives but not in that movie.

But whatever.

All I’m saying is the thing was 100% not Best Picture worthy, not that any of the contenders were (I’ve only seen BP).
Old 02.25.2019, 03:00 PM   #23636
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Just failing to see how it’s a problem for you general and in film narratives but not in that movie.

he literally just said cuz it was escapist non-serious bullshit?

in this here house we larffed at the magical princess being appointed to basically run it all

#nepotism
Old 02.25.2019, 03:05 PM   #23637
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I am a child of the 80's. to "give a shit" is to care. I do NOT care in the least about them. I care about the destruction of them, the erasure of their existence, the decimation of their family lines and the gradual forgetting that any of them ever even existed.

Black Panther is a ,ovie about a hero who protects his homeland.

If you do not see the difference between that and the endless costume epics that anglo fucks keep shoving down our throats every fucking year, I need to school you a bit on context!
Old 02.25.2019, 03:35 PM   #23638
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
That’s not really a rephrase. That’s more of a new, different point. .

not really

Denis Diderot: "Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
Old 02.25.2019, 03:37 PM   #23639
ilduclo
invito al cielo

glad to see Panther got costumes. Watched an interview on PBS with the costumer, she was fucking great!

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/ho...of-a-superhero
Old 02.25.2019, 03:51 PM   #23640
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
I am a child of the 80's. to "give a shit" is to care. I do NOT care in the least about them. I care about the destruction of them, the erasure of their existence, the decimation of their family lines and the gradual forgetting that any of them ever even existed.

Black Panther is a ,ovie about a hero who protects his homeland.

If you do not see the difference between that and the endless costume epics that anglo fucks keep shoving down our throats every fucking year, I need to school you a bit on context!

So you want them destroyed, just not in Black Panther.

I might sound like a dick, but I’m just trying to clarify.

Also, I’m a child of the ‘80s too.

But if I hate something, I care about it. I give a shit if I hate it. Having strong feelings one way or the other is caring.

I see the difference between costume epics about real kingdoms and empires and the fantasy one in Black Panther, but I also see the similarities. If you don’t, I need to school you a bit on critical thinking.
682108211321172117911801181 1182 11831184118511921232 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth