Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.07.2014, 02:00 PM   #5221
Beautiful Plateau
children of satan

Beautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's assesBeautiful Plateau kicks all y'all's asses
Predictions for the final:
- my mom's: BRA - NED: 2-0
- mine: BRA - NED: 0-2
- my dad's: GER - NED: 1-2

Beautiful Plateau is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2014, 03:32 PM   #5222
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
While the ref left em play, Brazil started all the extra physical stuff, Colombia just responded appropriately. I LOVED that Netherlands game even though it was invaluably boring, but it was nice to see Costa Rica put down a CONCACAF shut out and for Netherlands to attack the shit out of it and be baffled like Belgium was against USA..

Costa Rica had a great run, they should be well equipped to do some damage at the Centenial Cup in 2016 where 5 CONCACAF and ten CONMEBOL teams are meeting for a tournament hosted in USA. I expect USA, Mexico, Panama, Costa Rica and Honduras do so some damage in that one, and the 2015 Gold Cup will be great practice.

These semis would be so much more epic if Brazil didn't have those injuries and suspensions.

I still have Germany Netherlands as my Final, but Argentina can pull of a great upset the way they have picked up their game in the Knock Out rounds.. The Germans I had favored to win it all but I think if the Dutch can sneak by Argentina they will take it home FINALLY after so many failed Finals..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2014, 04:02 PM   #5223
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Damn...what happened to Neymar though...that shit shouldn't have happened. Ijust heard about the borken vertebrae on Saturday. That's really fucked up. I may not be a fan of his...but I'd hate to see this shit type of stuff happen(I don't know how serious it is...but it sounds really fucking serious). It's a shame that had to happen.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2014, 04:04 PM   #5224
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
As !@#$%! mentioned, Brazil shouldn't have started playing so ruff expecting Colombia to bitch out or the refs to bail them out. Instead, Neymar became collateral damage

I don't like it, but it went both ways in that game, even Brazil's coach mentioned that. Neymar going out singlehandedly knocks Brazil out of the Semis if you ask me, after all, they were shaky even at full strength!

Old 07.07.2014, 04:17 PM   #5225
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
cracked vertebrae is fucking shitty.
Old 07.07.2014, 05:28 PM   #5226
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Fuck Thom Yorke here is the Tim Howard Dance

We can dance if we want to

We can leave your friends behind

Because if your friends don't dance well if they don't dance..

then they're no friends of mine

Old 07.07.2014, 05:47 PM   #5227
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
On the upside, the 4-4-2

If a team playing 4-4-2 wins the world cup, Michael Cox will probably shut down zonalmarking in sheer disgust.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2014, 07:14 PM   #5228
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
If a team playing 4-4-2 wins the world cup, Michael Cox will probably shut down zonalmarking in sheer disgust.

ha ha ha ha

it's probably the compromise between sabella's 5-3-2 and messi's 4-3-3

but the balance was right-- neither too much nor too little defense, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Plateau
Predictions for the final:

wishes: germany argentina TBD
probably will happen: brasil hacks and buys their way to the trophy -- a cristo redentor miracle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Brazil started all the extra physical stuff, Colombia just responded appropriately.

true enough but none of that was appropriate. teams will try what they can though, so for me the big criminal there was the useless ref.

speaking of which-- what's worse? a broken spine or a tooth mark? it's funny how the suárez bite becomes a circus but neymar's injury was merely attributed to "una jogada". i can see the fnords!

---

thanks demonyo and h8kurdt for nots on europa league. i wonder if it's the same for dutch, french, italian, smaller spanish teams… honestly i'm looking forward to seeing a little deeper into the smaller european teams. lots of world-class talent. where else am i going to see james rodríguez? is monaco going to the CL this year?

oh, another bonus of that stream is: CONCACAF gold cup + EURO qualifiers!

ps-- that site used to carry the prem as well but NBC bought it and they are a pain in the ass to get, i.e. available only on expensive packages.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2014, 08:00 PM   #5229
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:

true enough but none of that was appropriate. teams will try what they can though, so for me the big criminal there was the useless ref.

Agreed to that completely. Also I didn't mean it was necessarily appropriate so much as that Colombia seemed to think so! As to the particular play that broke Neymar's back, THAT was definitely out of line, but I'm also not sure it was intended to be that bad. It wasn't exactly an accident, but I don't think he intended to break the dude's back..

Quote:

speaking of which-- what's worse? a broken spine or a tooth mark? it's funny how the suárez bite becomes a circus but neymar's injury was merely attributed to "una jogada".

I agree that the Neymar injury should get more coverage BUT the Suarez incident was part of a long standing narrative of him cheating in big games. There were RUNNING bets on when he would bite somebody! So who the cap fit, let them wear it yo. This was Suarez's fifth strike, meanwhile we can give Colombia as a team the benefit of the doubt for now.

Old 07.07.2014, 08:07 PM   #5230
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
^^ oh yeah i don't mean the scandal of zúńiga but the scandal of the ref and his conduct and what he allowed and how that turned. instead, fifa congratulated him for his performance! and he's a candidate to ref the final. i'm not making this up!

http://www.marca.com/2014/07/05/futb...404513346.html

http://www.20minutos.es/deportes/not...bia-2185731/0/

boggles the fucking mind
Old 07.07.2014, 08:14 PM   #5231
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
instead, fifa congratulated him for his performance!

I'm like wait.. what??

Quote:
and he's a candidate to ref the final.
Shit, wait.. WHAAAT??

Old 07.07.2014, 08:15 PM   #5232
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

EXACTLY.
Old 07.08.2014, 02:11 AM   #5233
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
thanks demonyo and h8kurdt for nots on europa league. i wonder if it's the same for dutch, french, italian, smaller spanish teams… honestly i'm looking forward to seeing a little deeper into the smaller european teams. lots of world-class talent. where else am i going to see james rodríguez? is monaco going to the CL this year?

ps-- that site used to carry the prem as well but NBC bought it and they are a pain in the ass to get, i.e. available only on expensive packages.

The Europa league isn't appreciated by the French clubs either, as they fear a good run there would damage their season, seeing them struggle to remain somewhere around the 12th place.
In 1994-95, Bordeaux finished 7th. They played qualification games and reached the equivalent of the Europa League. They eventually reached the final in 1996. They lost it, but on the way they had eliminated Milan AC 3-2 on aggregate. It showed how much the team was strong with Lizarazu, Zidane, Witschge, Dugarry... Yet, in the national league, they barely escaped relegation, finished 16th, and saw Zidane go to Juve, Duga go to Barcelona (he did) for all the good they'd done; Liza stayed at Bordeaux, but the team got down in 1996-97.

As a viewer, I like the idea of the EL, though I only get access to games when there's only 8 teams left.
I wouldn't see any Portuguese club if there were no airing of this cup.
Plus it once provided a gung-ho final in 2001, with Liverpool beating Alaves (poor Alaves) 5-4...

And yes, Monaco will play the CL.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.08.2014, 08:32 AM   #5234
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
^^ oh yeah i don't mean the scandal of zúńiga but the scandal of the ref and his conduct and what he allowed and how that turned. instead, fifa congratulated him for his performance! and he's a candidate to ref the final. i'm not making this up!

http://www.marca.com/2014/07/05/futb...404513346.html

http://www.20minutos.es/deportes/not...bia-2185731/0/

boggles the fucking mind

That's really fucked up! Who in their right mind would choose that fucking moron?
Old 07.08.2014, 09:26 AM   #5235
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
FIFA is rigged. all high money futbol is rigged.
Old 07.08.2014, 02:07 PM   #5236
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

bra/ger lineups are up!

copypasta:

12J. César(G)(G)M. Neuer1
23Maicon(D)(M)P. Lahm16
13Dante(D)(D)J. Boateng20
4David Luiz(D)(D)M. Hummels5
6Marcelo(D)(D)B. Höwedes4
5F. Rosa(M)(M)Schweinsteiger7
17L. Gustavo(M)(M)S. Khedira6
7Hulk(M)(F)T. Müller13
11Oscar(M)(M)T. Kroos18
20Bernard(M)(M)M. Özil8
9Fred(F)(F)M. Klose11
Substitutes
14Maxwell(D)(G)Weidenfeller22
2Dani Alves(D)(D)Mertesacker17
18Hernanes(M)(F)Podolski10
22Victor(G)(G)R R Zieler12
19Willian(M)(D)Grosskreutz2
21Jô(F)(F)A Schürrle9
16Ramires(M)(F)M. Götze19
1Jefferson(G)(M)C. Kramer23
15Henrique(D)(M)J. Draxler14
8Paulinho(M)(D)M. Ginter3
(D)E. Durm15
Coach
L. F. ScolariJ. Löw
Old 07.08.2014, 03:27 PM   #5237
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

am i dreaming?

this is INSANE

karma has to be real

--

this is ridiculous

AM I DREAMING????
Old 07.08.2014, 03:32 PM   #5238
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Hahahaha this is insane!!!! Yes!!!! FUCK BRAZIL!
Old 07.08.2014, 03:35 PM   #5239
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
am i dreaming?

this is INSANE

karma has to be real

--

this is ridiculous

AM I DREAMING????
This is the most insane futbol game ive ever seen.. insane. Germany is playing with the cheat codes .. to be sure there WILL be riots tonite in brazil

Old 07.08.2014, 03:38 PM   #5240
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Bloody hell!
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
212252259260261 262 263264265272312362 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth