Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page "We are living in science fiction." -William S. Burroughs
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.24.2006, 04:07 PM   #1
Intellivision
i'm a rotten little fuck

Intellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's assesIntellivision kicks all y'all's asses
http://nationmultimedia.com/2006/10/...l_30016934.php

Chiang Mai University involved in tiny nanobot's human voyage

A Chiang Mai University team has developed a motor so small it will power a microscopic robot on an expedition through human blood vessels.

Boffins at the university's science faculty describe their invention as a "nanomotor". It will drive a medical robot about the size of a blood cell on a tour of the maze of human veins and capillaries.

A "nanobot" - or nanotechnology robot - developed at Kent State University in Ohio, United States will be powered by a motor made of an extremely fine and pure ceramic created at Chiang Mai University.

In addition to powering the nanobot, the piezoceramic - also known as "smart ceramics" - motor will navigate the machine on its exploration for such things as tiny tumours in internal organs.

It is remote controlled by either low-voltage electric current or microwaves, explains head researcher Assoc Prof Supon Ananta.

Stimulated by electric current or microwaves, piezoceramics can be enlarged or shrunk by nano levels, propelling the nanobot forward, back, left or right - just like a submarine.

Supon has focused on ceramic studies since his undergraduate days 15 years ago. He is now armed with a master's degree in ceramic engineering and a doctorate in material science from the Leeds University in the United Kingdom.

Before Supon and his team came up with the smart-ceramics motor Kent State's nanobots were shy a power plant, he explained.

"Actually, they had some idea what were the ideal materials for a motor, yet the problem was they could not synthesise such an extremely pure material," Supon said.

The techniques he designed to synthesise smart ceramics have appeared in Materials Letters, the interdisciplinary journal of the Materials Research Society devoted to cutting-edge advances in the field of materials science and engineering.

Apart from nanobots, smart ceramics can also be used in other medical equipment - including ultrasound and scanning machines used to diagnose problems in the brain, spinal cord and heart, Supon said.
In ultrasound devices, for example, the main and most expensive component was made of smart ceramics, he said, adding that his synthesised smart-ceramic motor in an ultrasound machine cost Bt100,000 - cheap, compared with alternatives priced as high as Bt10 million.

Arthit Khwankhom
The Nation
Intellivision is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.24.2006, 04:16 PM   #2
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
fucking a

reminds me of raquel welch in "fantastic voyage"

HOTTTT!!!

(because you know that underneath that latex was this):

i am a legman
i am a legman
i am the walrus
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.24.2006, 04:18 PM   #3
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
fucking a

reminds me of raquel welch in "fantastic voyage"

looking for a picture now...
cinema at it's finest. a better film has not been made since.
Old 10.24.2006, 04:55 PM   #4
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Racquel yummmm

awesome nanobots
Old 10.24.2006, 05:02 PM   #5
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses

Old 10.24.2006, 05:52 PM   #6
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
aie chi wah wah!
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.24.2006, 05:55 PM   #7
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Ahhh ribcage. :[
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.24.2006, 05:56 PM   #8
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Fucking love it. The tits and the CHEEKBONES and the ribs.
Old 10.24.2006, 06:18 PM   #9
against_the_grain
stalker

against_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard sucka
Yeppurs....I first saw that movie in the theatres as an adolescent !! When she get those anti-bodies on her from 'skin diving' out of the Proteus (the vessel) they start ripping them offa her....grabbing her boobs in the process !! They were suffocating her...

She looked great in this movie too....

From nanotechnology to sexy Raquel Welch !! Nice thread hijacking !! :lol:

Do not fear mistakes. There are none

Miles Davis
against_the_grain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.25.2006, 03:05 AM   #10
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
I read about that a while back. Those nanobots will simply be inserted into our bodies through infusion. They will then be ordered to search and destroy anything that could potentially be harmful to our bodies. Cancers, viruses, bacteria, etc.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth