Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page luminous orange
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.10.2009, 01:34 AM   #1
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Hey Derek, how you liking that Luminous Orange stuff?

That Richard Youngs "SAPPHIE" album was awesome and also, thanks for showing me that dude who had all the surf stuff, I talked to him for a bit and am probably going to go ahead and download his entire computer.

So, thanks Derek!!!!!!!!

Anyway, Luminous Orange are a great, complex Japanese band that are pretty much a perfect mix of overdriven shoegaze guitars, power-pop, indie rock, and even some, um, "math rock" tendencies every now and then. Great band.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 02:03 AM   #2
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
an ex gf introduced me to them about four years ago. pretty good stuff.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 02:26 AM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
She sounds like a winner!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 09:36 AM   #4
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I heard Drop You Vivid Colors last year, and I just downloaded Sakura Swirl. Great, great stuff. My favorite is "Utatane no Hibi".
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 11:07 AM   #5
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Hey Derek, how you liking that Luminous Orange stuff?

That Richard Youngs "SAPPHIE" album was awesome and also, thanks for showing me that dude who had all the surf stuff, I talked to him for a bit and am probably going to go ahead and download his entire computer.

So, thanks Derek!!!!!!!!

Anyway, Luminous Orange are a great, complex Japanese band that are pretty much a perfect mix of overdriven shoegaze guitars, power-pop, indie rock, and even some, um, "math rock" tendencies every now and then. Great band.
Luminous Orange are great great great. GREAT.

And yeah, no problem. Glad you enjoyed! You'll love his other stuff also. Some of it is that sort of acoustic stuff, some of it is very experimental and some of it is more vocal-based (usually heavily delayed). Great dude!
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 12:32 PM   #6
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
She sounds like a winner!

she liked good music. the only girlfriend i had that liked the wipers.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 05:25 PM   #7
sarramkrop

Download yourselves into an early grave.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 05:28 PM   #8
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Download yourselves into an early grave.

I just heard their myspace and ordered myself a lathe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 05:31 PM   #9
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I just heard their myspace and ordered myself a lathe.

They're good, but wait, I'm not sure, they have two tracks, one of them is ok, but the other one is not good. I prefer the other band, the other band, the one which has fuck all to do with everything. Ever.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.11.2009, 11:40 AM   #10
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
They're good, but wait, I'm not sure, they have two tracks, one of them is ok, but the other one is not good. I prefer the other band, the other band, the one which has fuck all to do with everything. Ever.

That band? They're ok, pretty seminal infact. Probably the most seminal sodwave band to come out of lower Thorpington LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth