Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Two bottles of wine in a restaurant.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.14.2007, 06:49 AM   #21
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
I've heard stories of a similar nature about Sweden, that if you buy too much booze you're likely to get a visit from the authorities to have a little chat about your alcohol consumption.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2007, 06:50 AM   #22
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
I heard in Leafy Surrey, that they add your garden to your drinks.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2007, 06:51 AM   #23
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Not the entire garden, just the orchard.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2007, 06:53 AM   #24
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Fair enough. So no dirt for you eh? Snob.
Old 08.14.2007, 10:07 AM   #25
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, that was a big shock for me going to the states: the moderation of drinking. That and the seemingly quite open selling of neo-nazi t shirts in stores. Finding a Skrewdriver T Shirt or one with some pro-Nazi skinhead type slogan on it, hanging up next to a Sonic Youth one in what seemed like quite a liberal shop. You'd not find that in England. Didn't know whether to be impressed by the freedom of choice, or horrified. either way, it felt weird.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2007, 11:41 AM   #26
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
this may have just been a way for the restaurant to fulfill previous liabilities.

if you serve somebody who is overly intoxicated, and they get in a wreck, then the people who served that person becomes liable.

just a guess....I've NEVER had this happen before.

nor do I know of any store that sells skrewdriver shirts.

however, amerika's a big place; there's room enough for all the kooks.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2007, 11:49 AM   #27
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I've NEVER had this happen before.

nor do I know of any store that sells skrewdriver shirts.

however, amerika's a big place; there's room enough for all the kooks.

This was in a those 'punky' type stores in Manhattan. honest to god, skrewdriver (or similar), white power type stuff, all openly sold alongside more conventional clash, black flag, misfits type stuff. If i'd seen it just the once I'd have dismissed it, but this happened a few times.
Old 08.14.2007, 03:32 PM   #28
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
on saturdays americans go to the mall to shop for elasticated jeans and the brackets required to attach a flagpole to the front of your house
ha.
not i, said the cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
This was in a those 'punky' type stores in Manhattan. honest to god, skrewdriver (or similar), white power type stuff, all openly sold alongside more conventional clash, black flag, misfits type stuff. If i'd seen it just the once I'd have dismissed it, but this happened a few times.

if you don't mind dealing with pompous assed hipsters, go to search and destroy on st. mark's. they have plenty of shit like that.
Old 08.14.2007, 03:35 PM   #29
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Alcohol Prohibition for EVERYONE!

the world would be such a better place.
Old 08.14.2007, 03:36 PM   #30
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jico.
that is not a very stupid idea afterall.

at least not as stupid as, and speaking of religion(which is stupid itself), drive-in church.

they have mcchurch's all over the us.

i mean, stupid are the people who attend to this kind of things.
the concept it's not that stupid because america is a target market for lazyness so i bet driven-in churchs bring higher profit than traditional churchs.

one of the most ridiculous things that i have ever seen.
funny thing is, the reverent looks like he's worshipping the cars, which is somehow eerily relevant...

i wonder if they drive up for communion past the hatch and into the tinny speaker-microphone - do you want fries with that?
a supersize hypocrisy aimed at lazy creatures who crave a 99cent-deal fast-food "spiritual" experience to create a vapid and spurious ethical righteousness.
it's what happens when you try and keep religion and mass consumer comfort culture together in one country and together in the people's minds.
people become deluded as to the whole concept of spiritual awakening & believe that it can be obtained as easily as applying the handbrake or honking the horn of your shiny black urban 4x4.
Old 08.14.2007, 03:38 PM   #31
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

how DARE YOU.
Old 08.14.2007, 04:20 PM   #32
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
blah blah blah blah blah: does his story sound believable to you, or is he more likely making it up? blah blah blah

sure. last friday night i was in a bar with some people and the bartender says to this woman that was with us "i'm going to have to slow you down" after she apparently consumed too many martinis. im not sure but her tab was only $40 for 2 people-- maybe that was his way of flirting in a s/m sort of way (control??). but yes the bartender is supposed to keep an eye on you.

as for the 2 bottles of wine, who knows? after 8 gin & tonics it might be an issue. but yeah there's that whole puritan shit going on. very boring. then again nobody walks, so it has more to do with driving drunk than with getting drunk per se.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2007, 04:23 PM   #33
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
how DARE YOU.

Oh, how I dare...
Old 08.14.2007, 05:30 PM   #34
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

Well the United States tried that already and it worked out pretty badly.
Old 08.14.2007, 05:46 PM   #35
Prisstina
the end of the ugly

Prisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's assesPrisstina kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Just listening to the radio where a guy was saying how when he was in a restaurant in the US and ordered a second bottle of wine (he was dining with one other person) the waiter slipped him a card with the second bottle, giving information about the dangers of excessive drinking and a telephone number if he needed help. A question for the Americans on here: does his story sound believable to you, or is he more likely making it up? I've visited different parts of the states on a number of occasions and never had anything like that happen to me.

different states have different alcohol laws and practices. in indiana, minors can't be in any restaurant that serves alcohol, even if its a separated bar/grill. i remember my mom ordering beer in utah once...she was almost done with the first and ordered another, and the waitress had to stand around with the second beer until my mom finished the first. apparently a person can't have more than one alcoholic beverage at a time.

Prisstina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2007, 05:57 PM   #36
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Just listening to the radio where a guy was saying how when he was in a restaurant in the US and ordered a second bottle of wine (he was dining with one other person) the waiter slipped him a card with the second bottle, giving information about the dangers of excessive drinking and a telephone number if he needed help. A question for the Americans on here: does his story sound believable to you, or is he more likely making it up? I've visited different parts of the states on a number of occasions and never had anything like that happen to me.

Not unheard of for a restaurant to "cut off" someone who seems to be drinking too much, because the restaurant may be liable for the consequences. But I've never heard of a restaurant referring someone to a help line. And to do it on the second bottle of wine seems ridiculous.

I love America, but sometimes I think we're too willing to let people shed responsibility for their own behavior. Maybe restaurants should not be liable for customers' irresponsible behavior.
Magic Wheel Memory is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2007, 08:35 PM   #37
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Wheel Memory
Not unheard of for a restaurant to "cut off" someone who seems to be drinking too much, because the restaurant may be liable for the consequences. But I've never heard of a restaurant referring someone to a help line. And to do it on the second bottle of wine seems ridiculous.

I love America, but sometimes I think we're too willing to let people shed responsibility for their own behavior. Maybe restaurants should not be liable for customers' irresponsible behavior.
ha...never said anything to me last night. or tongiht for that matter.
of course i was not the one buying the drinks.
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2007, 04:16 AM   #38
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor

I'm pretty sure the picture is from a Polyphonic Spree concert.
well wherever the picture's from, these places actually exist
http://www.driveinchurch.net/
Old 08.15.2007, 09:05 AM   #39
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse
well wherever the picture's from, these places actually exist
http://www.driveinchurch.net/

No wonder Americans are getting fatter. It is only a few steps to the benches inside the church, when you get there.
Old 08.15.2007, 12:26 PM   #40
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
ha.
not i, said the cat.

if you don't mind dealing with pompous assed hipsters, go to search and destroy on st. mark's. they have plenty of shit like that.

I didn't want to buy one. I was just shocked that I COULD.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth