Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Screw the Enviroment End Poverty
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.23.2007, 05:10 PM   #21
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I always recyckled my cum rags but then I learened that seagulls would choke on them when they rooted around in the landfills so now I just do away with them and skeet skeet skeet wherever gravity and my forceful cock jets allow.
Old 05.23.2007, 05:13 PM   #22
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
We're too worried about the now, not giving a fuck about what will happen even just a couple years in the future. Maybe if we actually took some care of the environment, we will actually still be alive in a few years, then we can worry about homeless. It isn't like the homeless have absolutely nowhere to turn, ie. shelters, soup kitchens, etc. The environment can't take care of itself, so long as we're around to shove it back two steps after it's gained one.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2007, 05:13 PM   #23
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
That's hardly the problem. More like, how illiterate kids remain after years of school.

A lot of parents have tried teaching their kids to read/write long before they're taught to do so in school...and screw up immensely because they don't know how to go about teaching that sort of thing properly.

I think this is a load of caca.

all you need to do to teach yr kids to read is to read to them from an early age, REAl early, and they will automatically learn it. I learned to read before age 3 because my parents read to me constantly
Old 05.23.2007, 05:14 PM   #24
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
I've been reading since the fuckin' start. Same deal as Rob, my parents read to me, I had initiative to read, we read together.
You can't blame the school systems for yr own missed steps.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2007, 05:17 PM   #25
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
That's hardly the problem. More like, how illiterate kids remain after years of school.

A lot of parents have tried teaching their kids to read/write long before they're taught to do so in school...and screw up immensely because they don't know how to go about teaching that sort of thing properly.
Unfortunatly just reading books is not enough. We're allowed that and it remains an option, rather than a necessity. Reading books hasn't helped humanity all that much, so far.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2007, 05:20 PM   #26
sarramkrop

Stating the obvious is exaclty like stating it. Obvious.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2007, 05:30 PM   #27
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
I really mean this. I am getting tired of this political fad, of being enviromentalist. I mean I care for the enviroment, but it is not of greater issue as ending poverty. So many people are dying on the streets, yet no one bothers to care, but yeah a tree gets chopped down, or a garden get's demolished, everyone cares. Also why are we spending so much money on the enviroment, when our schools systems are at their lowest. Have you seen how illiterate kids are when they enter elementary? SOrry for venting here, but it is need to be said.

I'm getting tired or your threads. No, correction, I AM tired of your threads.

You're left field, man.
Old 05.23.2007, 05:49 PM   #28
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
It isn't like the homeless have absolutely nowhere to turn, ie. shelters, soup kitchens, etc.

One wonders if Mumbai and Nairobi are hip to soup kitchens.

I'm sorry but this argument is just as ridiculous as what Synthetically proposed.
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2007, 05:58 PM   #29
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I think this is a load of caca.

all you need to do to teach yr kids to read is to read to them from an early age, REAl early, and they will automatically learn it. I learned to read before age 3 because my parents read to me constantly

So you're disagreeing with me? Because I'm in no way saying that reading to your kids is a bad thing--in fact, I believe it's the opposite. I knew how to read a little before entering school, and it was because my dad read to me every night. My parents didn't try to get me to read before I was sent to school, though, it was just something I picked up on. So what I'm saying is that reading to your kids is beneficial, but trying to actually teach them to read may not always be the best idea, because most parents are not certified teachers and have no idea how to go about actually teaching a person to read. The meanings of words get lost on a lot of kids when the words are taken out of context--and this is what a lot of parents do. They think that just because their kids can pronounce words properly and spell them correctly, that automatically means their kids are literate.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2007, 06:48 PM   #30
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
See what i tried to mean was, that ever since Gore came out with An Inconvinient Truth. We have all these pousers trying to act like they care for the enviroment, when in reality they only care for themselves. God Drive through L.A. and all you see is these pousers driving hybrids or any of those cars. Yet they pass along some sidewalk and look at the homeless and not even care. God I was at a McDonalds once, and he was sitting by the drive thru area, and I was the only one who gave him a dollar, the other people ignored him. I mean sure he might buy booze, but still. I think the goverment is doing less with helping the poorer citizens of this nation, and more with trying to find a quick fix for the enviroment. Also I am not saying that the enviroment is of no concern of mine it is, but not as important. Savage you are right they are several people trying to help them, but it doesn't get the attention it deserves. Why because we don't want to give them another chance, they screwed up once so let them rot on the streets. I am also dissapointed in the Hospitals DUmping their homeless patients, Thank God here in L.A. the one that did this so often got reprimanded.

Also with the children I can see both points. Kids for the most part are illiterate, because of T.V. Parents don't want to deal with them, so they put them in front of the t.v. I know of so many that do that. Also teachers get paid so low, and have overcrowded classes, it is hard for them to teach. God 40 students per class, when it is supposed to be at least 20-25(max). I don't know, I just see a grim future.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2007, 07:16 PM   #31
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
God I was at a McDonalds once, and he was sitting by the drive thru area, and I was the only one who gave him a dollar...

Oh, the irony. HAHA.
Old 05.23.2007, 08:10 PM   #32
nature scene
100%

nature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
You are so wrong on many issues, it's painful to read your post. In fact, I won't read the last missive because I'm sure it's a load of crap.

I'm wrong on what? Because I said that poverty is an underlying cause of a lot of environmental degradation? You ever been to a developing country and noticed that they don't exactly have the cleanest water? How about how a lack of economic choices drives people around the world in agriculture with direct environmental effects like deforestation. The fact of the matter is, that there are countless pieces of evidence and studies that support the position I offered. But you probably don't care that much to try and find out.

Now I'm about to lose you here: The theoretical Environmental Kuznets Curve has been empirically tested, for a variety of pollutants. And while the results don't show perfect bell curves as the theory explains, the trends are there for most pollutants: increased wealth decreases pollution levels. Again, it's not true for all pollutants. CO2 levels, for example will probably continue to increase as wealth increases.

I'm going to assume that you don't work in the environmental field like I do, so I'm not really worried if you don't agree with me.

But if you want to disagree with me that's fine. I'd like to know exactly how you think I'm wrong here instead of just telling me I'm wrong, especially since I didn't write anything controversial.

Quote:
Can we all accept that we live on a shit planet and stop pointing it out and doing something that ACTUALLY IMPROVES IT instead? Talk talk talk. That's no use to anyone.

By the way, what did you do today to improve the world?
nature scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2007, 08:22 PM   #33
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
if we don't fix the environment then my generation won't be dieing from old age. Poverty is preventable. Go to a library, read a book, learn something. Technically my parents are poor so I'm not bagging on any one but poor people are poor because some where along the line they fucked up. If they were born into it and their country is fucked, then thats a little different then they should get some help and we should stop paying people 20 million to star in a film.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2007, 08:23 PM   #34
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
double post.
If every big actor did one movie for free and took that money and gave it to charity, do you know how much money that would raise?

Old 05.23.2007, 08:24 PM   #35
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
How 'bout enviromental poverty?
Where'd the rainforest go?
Or poverty in the enviroment?
Those who've never stepped on the ladder. It wasn't presented to them. We've control of the ladder, nature's ladder. And now all will fail.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2007, 08:27 PM   #36
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

it all comes down to the fact that Americans are selfish fucks. They horde themselves of food and do drugs, spending money on useless shit when people are starving.

Old 05.23.2007, 08:30 PM   #37
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Yes, yes. It's progression! We can't anticipate negative effects, we must move foward.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2007, 08:37 PM   #38
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
i think its a great idea to end poverty and not fix the environment because then we can all just stand on an unihabitable piece of molten rock and breathe toxic gasses and trun into lizards, but at least none of us would be poor.

on a lighter note downloading one megabyte of data is the equivalent of burning one kilogram of coal according to new scientist magazine.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2007, 08:43 PM   #39
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
on a lighter note downloading one megabyte of data is the equivalent of burning one kilogram of coal according to new scientist magazine.

i cant really see how that is possible.

Old 05.24.2007, 01:14 AM   #40
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
i think its a great idea to end poverty and not fix the environment because then we can all just stand on an unihabitable piece of molten rock and breathe toxic gasses and trun into lizards, but at least none of us would be poor.

I think my point was lost, I do care about the enviroment, but it is that more people only care about the enviroment, because it is the it issue of the year. But homelessness is increasing, and yet we are doing nothing.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth