Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Do you have a band?????
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.10.2008, 04:36 PM   #881
al shabbray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
That's odd, I remember posting here before but somehow it won't show up. Well here it is again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO2OEMqyJY8

It's a solo project, some kind of amateurish Industrial Noise. I'm trying to improve my skills

thats really cool.
especially the first half where you just see the cam go around that gamegirl, really nice atmospere
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2008, 04:33 PM   #882
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Of course I've got a myspace artist profile too

www.myspace.com/romeobizarre
Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2008, 04:39 PM   #883
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
The Cellphonies - but we don't do much. In fact, we don't do anything.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.12.2008, 04:50 PM   #884
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i didn't mention it but monosodic have a new song, "in the shower with her clothes on", from the forthcoming (expected in january '09 on hacked tapes as half of a split) gno ep.

www.myspace.com/monosodic

---

and I/C/O/C, in case i didn't mention it before, have a semi-new ep called ebola bathouse out on smell the stench (www.smellthestench.net ).
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.14.2008, 03:13 AM   #885
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyDawn
Yes it is! That rocks Dead Air!! Who took the shot?

It was taken by a fellow named Cyrus Smith from KPSU, who I gave my cameras too and told him what I normally do with them. It's a holga multiple exposure, and it happens there was a really light oriented art show at the gallery as well, so we got doused in lots of cool lights we normally wouldn't get to have. I did the post-processing in photoshop, mainly just to up the "clarity" of me and the keyboard while maintaining the lovely murkiness of the shot.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2008, 06:52 PM   #886
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
we're getting some reviews for our first full length album:

http://www.thenotdead.com/en/discos/i/6847/53/recs-of-the-flesh-illusory-fields-of-unconsciousness-2008

Written by TheBane

"The long distances separating Italy from the United States and Spain are no obstacle to unite a band like Recs Of The Flesh. A four pieced band which recently has been able to record a superb album which now I have in my hands. Baptized as Illusory Fields Of Unconsciousness (2008), I can't stop listening to it's tracks since the first time we've recieved it. An album with loads of variety, containing a splendid bunch of songs that only exquisite ears should appreciate.

Rock guitars are surfacing on the first song Social Failure which, acompanied with the beating of the drums, make the main rythm of a track that could perfectly be, though more sinister and dense, on the set of Queens Of The Stone Age at the time of Lullabies To Paralyze (2005). A sublime mix of Sara Melis dark keyboards with a Stoner Rock space sound perception is showed properly in Burnover, an impresive tune, a little bit lighter than the rest of the album. Distorted guitars appear again and heavier than before in the next track title, Intensive Care Unit.

Becoming something more exciting, and without losing one inch of it's darkness, approaches the next song, Getting It On, with a repetitive sound of rusted steel that can penetrate your brain. As a merge between The Pixies and Sonic Youth, we get immersed on Urban Tension Development Swing, an awesome track that demonstrates that Recs Of The Flesh domain some of the genres that surround the cosmos of Rock. The album goes on with Revelations From The Self, a song based on New Wave sounds filled with touches of darkness and sinister, recalling of a band like Placebo on their best moments.

The constant use of distortion on Massimo Usai voice, remains me of Rob Zombie debut album, Hellbilly Deluxe (1998) and also of Marilyn Manson on his first effort Portrait Of An American Family (1994), a comparation that finally fits totally when you hear the seventh track, entitled Friends?. But there's also time enough to take a look into Pop sounds, with songs like Not Easily Impressed, altough the use of keyboards became on a more psychedelic wave, a feeling you can get again with their following track Behave (On The Path Of The Psycho).

When we are close to get to the final part of the album, we can hear one of the best songs, in my opinion, included on Illusory Fields Of Unconsciousness (2008). I'm talking about Solutions To Non-Existing Problems, a good song charged with a compact atmosphere, well conducted in part by the bass depth on it's entry but also with the guitar slick. An awesome bridge breaks the song in two, making it more intense with some delay and chorus effects.

With a similar structure to other previous songs registered on the album, Never Forget brings the strenght and charm to the final minutes of this excellent debut. To surprise of the listeners there is another extra track at the end of the album, much more Punk Rock oriented. A nice end to a great work done by Recs Of The Flesh, an interesting band anyone should listen to."

http://zionsivasgroove.com/2008/11/18/recs-of-the-flesh-illusory-fields-of-unconsciousness/

Written by Emilio "ZIONSIVA" Bellu

"Sardinia is a beautiful, shiny island, known for its pristine shores and incredible landscapes. Or at least that's what appears on the surface. Just like in the opening of David Lynch's Blue Velvet, once you get closer to the green grass, something very disturbing emerges. But disturbing can be seducing, and, as Recs of the Flesh's music show, it can sound real good.

Little disclaimer: I've known Max, the leader of Recs of The Flesh, for some fifteen years now, so this might not be the most unbiased review ever. But moving on.
Recs of the Flesh is an italian-spanish-american outfit based in Cagliari, Sardinia. Max, lead singer and guitarist, managed to connect with a spanish drummer via YouTube and an american bassist via Myspace. With the help of Sara Melis, whose keyboard playing oozes of an infecting b-movie mood in the vein of John Carpenter's best soundtracks, the band started working on Max's song, with the goal of recording a full length album. Not an easy feat, considering the geographical problems. Some of the music was rehearsed and recorded online, with files sent around different continents and Skype being used as a remote music studio. The result is Illusory Fields of Unconsciousness, the band's first record. One would think that this unconventional band setup would make for a disjointed and confused sound, but this is Max's band, and his vision leads the songs in a very coherent, strong direction.
Max sings about alienation, his landscape filled with images of paranoia, conspiracies, obsessions and urban fears. Max's language of choice is english, but this is all coming from a mediterranean island, and in a way it seems like the rough edges in the music are tempered by this background. A lot of the choices seem to mirror the band's isolation: the muffled voice and the moody mix give a sinister spin to the songs, as if they were being listened in a subterranean vault after a nuclear fallout, or, more precisely, from an island haunted by images and suggestions streamed from all over the world, but unable to affect the world itself. The album is quite bleak, but, in the best tradition of bands like The Raveonettes, Sonic Youth and The Cure, it's a sexy, groovy bleakness. The songs are tight, powerful and enjoyable, and Max's love of sound gives the record a very distinct atmosphere, made of mysterious and haunting sonic textures. It's a great contrast that makes the record a very intriguing listen, one that impresses right away and keeps on growing over time.
What makes Recs of the Flesh special is not their geography alone. The band's sound is a prime example of what a person that strives to beat isolation in the digital world can achieve with some drive and vision, even if he decides not to leave his own town. Pretty impressive stuff."
Old 11.21.2008, 04:03 PM   #887
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Nice reviews man, even if one is alittle biased. Good stuff! I hope that our first full length (just finished tracking, going into the mixing stage) is well received around these parts...

ironically, I came to this thread to let yall know I'm about to post TWO rough cuts off of our upcoming album, "Hot Damn."

www.myspace.com/rememberthatband
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2008, 03:29 AM   #888
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
good form on the reviews my friend. thats awesome. i dig the tunes as well. you guys playing alot of gigs and stuff? in italy?

we just added a song our page. its quiet rocking. meant to make the hair of your taint stand up and then singe it off. i'm curious to see what you guys/gals think.

www.myspace.com/mamalionmusic
TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2008, 12:37 PM   #889
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
hey thanx peeps - very cool of you to check us out!gotta check you out as well!

i was wondering - what if i gave away all the songs from my band's new album on here every week? like a series of downloads? and maybe you could tell me what you think or not, about them all?
Old 12.02.2008, 05:29 PM   #890
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.myspace.com/sarcastwhile

new piece up
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2008, 11:03 PM   #891
guitarwolf
little trouble girl

guitarwolf has tongues queuing up for a rim-festguitarwolf has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
www.myspace.com/repairsband

Just started a new band. We have a tape release coming out soon.
guitarwolf is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2008, 05:19 PM   #892
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
myspace.com/rememberthatband

new tracks up
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.14.2008, 02:47 PM   #893
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
The Thunderbolt Pagoda LP got a nice mention in Byron Coley and Thurston's "Bull Tongue" column in the December issue of Arthur.
Big thanks!
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2008, 09:51 AM   #894
hat and bread
children of satan

hat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
The Thunderbolt Pagoda LP got a nice mention in Byron Coley and Thurston's "Bull Tongue" column in the December issue of Arthur.
Big thanks!

I noticed that. Congrats!
hat and bread is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2008, 08:22 PM   #895
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Big thanks!

That's awesome!

(can be downloaded here)
http://www.arthurmag.com/
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2008, 04:05 PM   #896
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
5 new mp3s just got put up
http://www.myspace.com/joelnobody
So dig on that shit, if you want
(if you only have time to listen to one, check out Forward To The Past)
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2008, 07:00 PM   #897
forkimified
bad moon rising

forkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's asses
Here, you can listen to some of my best friend's stuff on the last.fm ...
http://www.last.fm/music/Joel+D%27amour
It is very swell. We are in the process of creating some sort of band around his songs.
forkimified is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.30.2008, 05:32 PM   #898
forkimified
bad moon rising

forkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's assesforkimified kicks all y'all's asses
Here is some noisy erratic jam stuff:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LMB2J9WF
Jason, Matt, and Joel, featuring me and the Joel of my previous post.
forkimified is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2009, 04:16 PM   #899
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
I've just put a new Days of Eclipse piece on my MySpace page - called "In A Glass Cage". You can get to the page via the link in my signature. Any comments/criticism are most welcome. Thanks
Old 01.16.2009, 03:11 PM   #900
sarramkrop

cheers mel, will check it out.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
424344 45 46474855 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth